By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - G4: Zelda is not mature enough

Games journalism makes me sad.

As great developers as Bioware are, they shouldn't and won't ever be given a shot at a Zelda game. Zelda is an action adventure game, and has created, defined and re-defined that genre for over 20 years. What games have Bioware made that suddenly makes them qualified to take the Zelda series forward? The only action adventure games to be on a par with Zelda over the years (in my opinion) are games such as Ico, Okami and Beyond Good and Evil.

If games want to be taken more seriously, games criticism needs to be a more serious business. If they wanted more RPG elements in Zelda, they should say that in a mature way. They could have come up with a couple of observations of which  mechanics in Zelda they think need to be more RPG like, or what RPG mechanics they think Nintendo should borrow from Bioware and adapt to Zelda. Not a "lol Zelda r watered down RPG biowaarrr shud mek it lol". By stating their opinion the way they have, it goes from legitimate, professional games criticism to barely contained trolling.

Around the Network

Yes, zelda needs to be more mature.... they shold add a big city with cars, motos, airplains and elipcoters to steal in order to complete missions from the mob... Link should have a machine-gun also he should fight giant greek gods during breaks from a dungeon to another.

Ah G4. You're so entertaining. A mature Mario game would be awesome though.

That's it.. time to start an educated gamers site, I'm sick of having to read bullshit written by people paid to write this stuff.

Are they haters, who are wont to hate? Or are they trolls? I can no longer tell.

Around the Network

First Morgan Webb says that Mario games shouldn't look so cartoony. Now they want Zelda to be more mature. Do they honestly want to destroy these classic Nintendo franchises that have been around for so many years?

At least they are playing the Bond movies on their station now.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

No PLEASE

Dragon Age was a cliched mess of a game, leave Zelda ALOOOONEEEE!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Oh no they di-int! 

Lulz.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046