By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - G4: Zelda is not mature enough

Games4Fun said:
allenfake said:

Ok, so they think that it's not 'mature' but in the same breath they mention Gears?????

and LBP

Haha yeah, I don't know what to make of this. Are they just doing a tribute post to rol? What a bloody joke.

Around the Network
dahuman said:

my first time playing TP yielded me about 80 hours, I beat ME2 in 20 some the first time with everybody alive, so are you fucking kidding me?

"Mature gamer" has nothing to do with the game difficulty, according to G4.  I believe it has to do with themes that adults only should have to face.... like doing taxes, or dealing with Zelda getting wasted in  a drive by, or being sexually assaulted.  Having Link also have to deal with a drug addiction is also another part to make it "more mature".

First G4 goes off on Mario.  Now they attack Zelda?  Next up is Metroid isn't mature enough?

What happened to games that are great because they are GAMES?

richardhutnik said:
dahuman said:

my first time playing TP yielded me about 80 hours, I beat ME2 in 20 some the first time with everybody alive, so are you fucking kidding me?

"Mature gamer" has nothing to do with the game difficulty, according to G4.  I believe it has to do with themes that adults only should have to face.... like doing taxes, or dealing with Zelda getting wasted in  a drive by, or being sexually assaulted.  Having Link also have to deal with a drug addiction is also another part to make it "more mature".

First G4 goes off on Mario.  Now they attack Zelda?  Next up is Metroid isn't mature enough?

That seems to have died a lot this Gen, or maybe it is just because I am on the forums where I did not bother before.

Next, they'd complain Metroid isn't a good puzzle game and lack the challenge that of Sudoku.

Despite personal opinions, lately I think they are just trolling for page hits, just like that other amazing site that gave deadly premonitions a perfect score lol

ps: And sadly, I think it might actually work.... :S people like to feed the trolls and make em huge

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
Games4Fun said:
richardhutnik said:
dahuman said:

That seems to have died a lot this Gen, or maybe it is just because I am on the forums where I did not bother before.

Well, I hope that I can get some decent people with some sense involved in my CADERS group for casual and retro games... ya know, stuff for people who enjoy games, because they are fun... irregardless of the age group.  I remember the days of arcades when they were meant for everyone, started out easy, and then ramped up.  The only questionable language came from the players (and QBert cuss word balloon).  Your comment just reminded me of what I am working on.

Hmm.... speaking of G4, I remember Adam Sessler's comment in his soapbox bit on Killzone 2, regarding how he wanted to have mature people to talk to about games on a forum somewhere.  Well, I personally think that it is going to be hard to find "mature" if the focus is on games being "mature enough".  As I see it, a mature gamer can go from playing Missile Command to Tetris, to Bioshock 2, to then Super Mairo Galaxy 2, then play Mass Effect 2 and then Red Dead Redemption.  Between this, thrown in some boardgames and cardgames.  Well, if thisn't is mature, then count me as a kid.  I would like to get some years back I have lost.

I would say also, if someone wants "mature" then how about they get a book or watch a movie or something?

Galaki said:

Next, they'd complain Metroid isn't a good puzzle game and lack the challenge that of Sudoku.

Nope, they will complain that Sudoku doesn't have a mature enough plot to it.  And they can stuff it regarding Super Mario Galaxy 2.  I thought of one word when I started on it early and played it for a bit: "Wonder".  That is wonder as in delightful, and magical, not wonder as in "Wonder when Mario will be part of a sandbox game, and carry a gun".

They are mad!

If they want a mature Zelda.. they must at least think Zelda is good.

Either way, G4 in general is garbage.

Pixel Art can be fun.

G4 has ruined TechTV. I remember watching the screen savers and other shows way back in the day, and it was actually intelligent. Now it's basically focus groups and market research trying to guess what the "cool" gamers are like; resulting in man children who sound like 12 year old trolls.

3DS - 2277 - 6636 - 6675 WiiU - Vectorferret
(Write on wall or PM if adding)