By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony On Kill Streak May Be Unloading All Guns At This Years E3

Looks like a good year for PS3 owners. I'm definitely picking up most of these titles.

Around the Network

Great lineup, I am liking sony more and more as the years progress, if they keep this up...I dare say I will like my ps3 more than my ps2.... (not likely, but still).  For me personally I will own all of these games: Killzone 3, Infamouse 3, Socom 4 (if it is awesome like socom 2), The agency, White knight Chronicles 2 and demon souls 2 (if announced).

kitler53 said:
Smashchu2 said:
kitler53 said:
Smashchu2 said:
kerrak said:
Smashchu2 said:
CGI-Quality said:

I still don't see how Nintendo's strategy, game plan, etc, etc.... has anything to do with this thread, at all.

OT though, some interesting E3 Sony predictions:

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2010/06/06/sony-e3-2010-predictions/

Because Nintendo's game plan is to whipe Sony off the face of the map. I think that is quite relevant to Sony.

Your analysis tools are outdated. Nintendo is the one facing high pressure competition right now and in the near future. They have already touched the ceiling, at least in market share terms.

Move and Natal are real threats for them. iPad iPhone and iWhatever are real threats. Facebook and social gaming are real threats too.

In order to whipe Sony (or MS) off the face of the map, tell me: what does Nintendo have prepared for the Halo/COD/Killzone crowd ? What do they have for the GT5/Forza crowd? What are graphic "horse" going to admire on Nintendo? What are the Sandbox GTA/RDR/Inf/AC crowd going to play on Nintendo? And what about those gamers looking for more cinematic experiences HR/AW/Uncharted/MGS? Talk me about the best WRPG on Nintendo: ME? DS? FO? Something to please this crowd? And what about the number 1 JRPG (in market terms) FF?

Face it, Nintendo's dominance is EXTREMELY BORING. They are a great company with a nice market share, but looking for the last 3 years to WiiSports WiiFit WiiSportsPlus WiiFitPlus SuperMarioThis SuperMarioThat every week in the top of the charts is not what i want to see as a gamer. Is this what you want?

First off, Apple is not a threat to Nintendo. They aren't even in the same market. iPhone is a smartphone. I can play games, yes, but it is not bought for the same purpose as a DS. iPhones are bought to call people as well as preform other task. It is not a dedicated gaming device, thus, games are only an extra feature. There have been games on cell phone long before the DS, so I don't know why people think a phone is a threat to a gaming company now. The same goes for other "i" products.

if it plays games it competes.  hell, i took a two week trip to china and brough both my ds and my iphone.  i played a lot of iphone games and never opened my ds.  the part where my iphone was also my phone, gps, and smaller in size just made it a more convient device.  i ended up not even buying a psp like i orginally intended because i relized the iphone is just waay too convienient.  sorry bud...iphone is competing.  maybe not dominating but it's there and it's stealing dollars away from other devices.

PC play games, but we have never said that PCs are harming sales of consoles. People buy PCs for different reasons then they buy consoles. They also buy cell phones for different reasons. They are not compairable because the consumers doesn't go "Hmmm, should I buy a DS or a cell phone?" They would go "Do I want a X cell phone or an iPhone." They are different markets.

of course PC games compete with consoles.  when i was playing WoW i didn't buy a console game for 3 straight years.  after i quit WoW i starting buying thousands of dollars worth of console games a year.

the real question is, i want to buy a game...where do i spend my money?  don't confuse the ability to coexist with a lack of compitition.

If they have no inpact on each other, then they are not competing. Competing by definition implies that they have different effect on one another. If there is no effect, they are not competing. Consider a runners race. If there was just one runner, then he would just run as he pleases and there is no other force that affects him. But if he races with another person, then that person's speed impacts him. He now has to be faster then this other person. Now, he is competing.

What you described is software competition. Both WoW, and say, Team Fortress 2 are competing. WoW would also compete with console games like Final Fantasy or Mario Bros. These are competing because, in your mind, you say "Do I want to buy WoW, or buy New Super Mario Bros. Wii" or "Should I keep playing (and paying for) WoW or should I go get Final fantasy 13." These are competing. They are competing for your dollar.

For PCs and phone, they are not competing with game consoles because you buy them for different purposes. You would not decide between a Wii and an iPhone because the Wii is just for playing games and the iPhone is for talking (everything else is just extra stuff). Games are not the primary reason you buy iPhones so it would not be the thing you compair. The same is true of PCs as their primary fuction is to preform "desktop" work, data storage, and accessing the internet.

M.U.G.E.N said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

I'm pretty sure we know about all or most of Sony's games already, like last years. You can't win E3 without surprises, and Sony can't keep secrets.

:S What 'leaks'? THEY ANNOUNCED THEM! @GDC, mags, official blog etc///

geez, this year there has been close to no leaks

Motorstorm? And I am fairly sure LBP 2 was going to be announced at E3, they just bought the release forward a bit

Munkeh111 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

I'm pretty sure we know about all or most of Sony's games already, like last years. You can't win E3 without surprises, and Sony can't keep secrets.

Motorstorm? And I am fairly sure LBP 2 was going to be announced at E3, they just bought the release forward a bit

Yes Motorstorm IF the scans turn out to be true then yeah I guess that can be considered a leak

LBP2? nope they announced it

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:
Munkeh111 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Yes Motorstorm IF the scans turn out to be true then yeah I guess that can be considered a leak

LBP2? nope they announced it

The scans ARE true theres more pics out, one of a loading screen with Motrorstorm 3 on it.

Its impossible for ti to be fake

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

forget sony being on a killstreak i think they want to start a nuclear war at this rate, 1st target x360:):) so many games, so little money:):)

and as for all the stupid fighting in here, please shut up nintendo have not taken all the ps2 fans, they are hardcore at heart and there is only so long that they will stay happy with wii fit wiisport mariorehash zeldarehash, when ps3 falls to £200 the tides will turn big time, just watch and learn boys:):)

Munkeh111 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Man, if that's true, it's really awkward that Media Molecule collaborated with so many game magazines on LBP2 features a month before E3.  :P

Alic0004 said:
Munkeh111 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Man, if that's true, it's really awkward that Media Molecule collaborated with so many game magazines on LBP2 features a month before E3.  :P

Whatever, I am still not convinced that Sony meant for 3 huge games to be announced before E3, and fear that we will get more Move stuff rather than more proper games

Munkeh111 said:
Alic0004 said:
Munkeh111 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Whatever, I am still not convinced that Sony meant for 3 huge games to be announced before E3, and fear that we will get more Move stuff rather than more proper games

Tell me sir how can Move games not be proper games?

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000