By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony On Kill Streak May Be Unloading All Guns At This Years E3

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Munkeh111 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Munkeh111 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

You said nothing about enticing, you said proper games, stop trying to move the goalposts for one second if you're going to talk bad about something at least man up and stick to your guns

Rail shooters are "proper games", being "enticing" is a matter of perspective and taste. But changing what you say is rather annoying, no one can have a proper discussion with you if you're not willing to stick to what you say you know?  Then what's the point of coming on forums and speaking your mind if you're not willing to have a proper discussion?

Dunno why you threw in the comment about inFamous and Nintendo, likely to say Nintendo doesn't show off good games or whatever as a way to talk down about them in a stealth way to get on peoples nerves but whatever.

Are you suggesting that you were enjoying their talking about the Vitality Sensor? If its any consilation, I remember playing during the M$ conference, but getting too angry at Don Mattrick's smile during the conference, and then angry at Kojima and feeling the pain of FF XIII....

Well from my perspective, they are proper games, and everyone understands what I mean. These move games are primarily mini-games, rather than 1 full game

You feel pain for games?  When you can still buy it? It's not like Square or Kojima raped you, or killed your mother, or took ANYTHING away from you.

And Vitality Sensor was just, a snip, a subpoint of last E3 at best...

So now they ARE proper games, hokay cause at first you said "Whatever, I am still not convinced that Sony meant for 3 huge games to be announced before E3, and fear that we will get more Move stuff rather than more proper games" making it sound like for some reason Move games aren't actually games and honestly rail shooters are full games so I'm not getting the mini-game comment, I mean there is a mini-game collection called Move Party... if you want to get into that...

I felt pain as PS3 sales drifted away, and it felt like I was losing, I am not sure why though... They also did take a little away from me, I am certain that FF XIII would have been released ealier in Europe if it hadn't come to 360

Well I don't distinctly remember playing inFamous throughout the whole conference, I just remember playing whilst they were announcing it

Rail shooters are limited when compared to Killzone 3, they are not proper full blown games

I do fear, however, that we are getting off topic

Funny thing Killzone 2 doesn't give me the same experience or gameplay as a rail shooter either and if that's what counts to be a proper full blown game, then Killzone isn't a full blown game :(

So you had to wait for a Square game... in Europe... HAH!  When was the last time that DIDN'T happen... or the last time a Square game didn't release there at ALL.

As for the topic, we're the only one's talking anymore, once we stop this thread is pretty much dead so it doesn't matter much if the topic evolved into the current one, that's what happens when you have discussions, people are still free to discuss the OP but it seems the people that wanted to do that have come and gone...

Well you didn't write about proper games. I could call myself the standard hardcore PS3 user, and I don't regard the Move stuff as proper games, so I am merely trying to represent the views of the majority of the PS3 gaming community, but hopefully Sony can convince me otherwise

Well their recent releases have been a lot better, and when I say Europe, I mean the West really

Around the Network

Boring line-up, to be honest. It is all sequels, and what's worse, mostly sequels to games which had somewhat disappointing sales. They can't kill anyone with such lineup, because with exception of GT5 none of this will be a huge system seller. Even Halo Reach has more chance to grab new ppl to xbox install base than those titles, seriously.

MDMAniac said:

Boring line-up, to be honest. It is all sequels, and what's worse, mostly sequels to games which had somewhat disappointing sales. They can't kill anyone with such lineup, because with exception of GT5 none of this will be a huge system seller. Even Halo Reach has more chance to grab new ppl to xbox install base than those titles, seriously.

Do you play sales or do you play games?

i play games.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Munkeh111 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Munkeh111 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

You feel pain for games?  When you can still buy it? It's not like Square or Kojima raped you, or killed your mother, or took ANYTHING away from you.

So now they ARE proper games, hokay cause at first you said "Whatever, I am still not convinced that Sony meant for 3 huge games to be announced before E3, and fear that we will get more Move stuff rather than more proper games" making it sound like for some reason Move games aren't actually games and honestly rail shooters are full games so I'm not getting the mini-game comment, I mean there is a mini-game collection called Move Party... if you want to get into that...

I felt pain as PS3 sales drifted away, and it felt like I was losing, I am not sure why though... They also did take a little away from me, I am certain that FF XIII would have been released ealier in Europe if it hadn't come to 360

Well I don't distinctly remember playing inFamous throughout the whole conference, I just remember playing whilst they were announcing it

Rail shooters are limited when compared to Killzone 3, they are not proper full blown games

Funny thing Killzone 2 doesn't give me the same experience or gameplay as a rail shooter either and if that's what counts to be a proper full blown game, then Killzone isn't a full blown game :(

So you had to wait for a Square game... in Europe... HAH!  When was the last time that DIDN'T happen... or the last time a Square game didn't release there at ALL.

As for the topic, we're the only one's talking anymore, once we stop this thread is pretty much dead so it doesn't matter much if the topic evolved into the current one, that's what happens when you have discussions, people are still free to discuss the OP but it seems the people that wanted to do that have come and gone...

Well you didn't write about proper games. I could call myself the standard hardcore PS3 user, and I don't regard the Move stuff as proper games, so I am merely trying to represent the views of the majority of the PS3 gaming community, but hopefully Sony can convince me otherwise

Well their recent releases have been a lot better, and when I say Europe, I mean the West really

LMAO @ hightlighted parts

Standard "hardcore" PS3 users don't go on forums to talk about games and even the lesser "hardcore" gamers are still a minority of the entire userbase.... not really sure why any group that gets online to talk, discuss, praise, or complain about games ever thinks they're some majority of anything... though developers do seem to "talk" to this minority and cater to them which is why they can't get sales to keep their heads above water.

As for the last highlight, the other Nier game hasn't hit the west and likely will never hit the states, the game being Nier Replicant. 

I'm really sorry you don't see games as proper games, that narrow minded view is the same way PC gamers acted  after 1985, and SNES gamers acted after 1995 which is when their movements died and gaming changed, if only the Wii released in 2005 then we could have some perfect symmetry going here lol

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Severance said:
MDMAniac said:

i play games.

I play sales actually, cause when a game sells well I can play it's sequel, and also play other games made by said developer cause they were able to stay in business lol

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Munkeh111 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Munkeh111 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:

LMAO @ hightlighted parts

Standard "hardcore" PS3 users don't go on forums to talk about games and even the lesser "hardcore" gamers are still a minority of the entire userbase.... not really sure why any group that gets online to talk, discuss, praise, or complain about games ever thinks they're some majority of anything... though developers do seem to "talk" to this minority and cater to them which is why they can't get sales to keep their heads above water.

As for the last highlight, the other Nier game hasn't hit the west and likely will never hit the states, the game being Nier Replicant. 

I'm really sorry you don't see games as proper games, that narrow minded view is the same way PC gamers acted  after 1985, and SNES gamers acted after 1995 which is when their movements died and gaming changed, if only the Wii released in 2005 then we could have some perfect symmetry going here lol

Yes, that may be exaggeration, especially as I go towards owning 50 PS3 games... But if I look at my gaming friends, all they do is play FIFA and CoD, which is probably quite typical for the UK and they won't really be interested in move either. And yes, I do agree that developers should mostly ignore customers, Naughty Dog saw how wrong that is.

They made changes to the online mode, based on a poll on their website, and faced community backlash, even though it was what most of the community wanted. In most cases, it is the tiny minority that tries to force their views on the silent majority. Its like here, ioi is doing a good job ignoring the people moaning, because the key is that most people aren't moaning, because they are perfectly happy with the new set up

That is just loose terminology, I only said Europe because that is where I live, but FF was always going to have a simultaneous NA/EU release

As for the proper games thing, it was mostly an off-hand comment, mostly voicing my frustrations towards Sony turning their resources away from the hardcore games that I want, such as their cancellation of Eight Days and the Getaway

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Severance said:
MDMAniac said:

i play games.

I play sales actually, cause when a game sells well I can play it's sequel, and also play other games made by said developer cause they were able to stay in business lol

I have some concern about sales, but inFamous does not have spectacular sales, but it has enough sales to justify a sequel, and it will justify another one. More importantly, it is awesome

Well yeah. Kicking yourself in the nuts and having the other horses in the race idly stroll past you with no real effort. Really does change the companies perspective.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Please please please please please please please please announce a new Jak for Ps3 by Naughty Dog please please please !

Have I said please enough ?

Munkeh111 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Severance said:
MDMAniac said:

i play games.

I have some concern about sales, but inFamous does not have spectacular sales, but it has enough sales to justify a sequel, and it will justify another one. More importantly, it is awesome

Exactly...as long as they've confirmed the sequels...who cares if the sales were disappointing ?

Now the only thing we have to worry about are the sales of these games that are about to be released.