By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo will definitely win at E3 this year

Khuutra said:
psrock said:

What are we talking about now? I am confused/

Xen admits he's wrong but thinks that if he changes his viewpoint then e's lying to himself. Because holding to an idea you know to be wrong isn't lying to yourself. Someow.

Xen holds - held - that Wii Sports is not a game because of its lack of depth.

oh, I see.

Zen is wrong, a game is a game. But Wiisports is still a demo which Nintendo has created to give Developers an idea of  how to take advantage of the controller.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
Xen said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Xen said:
Khuutra said:
Xen said:
Khuutra said:

Then you are purposely holding to wrongness. You are wrong on purpose. I'm not sure that's possible.

Being wrong beats lying to yourself.

If you know you are wrong, then you are already lying to yourself. You jsut don't want ot challenge your previously held conceptions concerning what defines games. You're lying to yourself now, when you could just reassess how you look at games and admit that there is a wide and varied spectrum of different value sets, and Wii Sport appeals to a very broad one.

Perhaps I could, but that just doesn't happen in a flash, does it?

Self realization of a once held belief being being wrong after all evidence has been laid out in front you?  That happens in a flash all the time, it happens every time you learn something new in fact.

Not to me. Acceptance has to sink in.

So wait does it take you a long time to realize that the price of a product you want is the price that it is even after reading the price?  Cause thats evidence given to tell you what is truth.  It happens everyday, for everyone, even animals.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

psrock said:
Khuutra said:
psrock said:

Xen admits he's wrong but thinks that if he changes his viewpoint then e's lying to himself. Because holding to an idea you know to be wrong isn't lying to yourself. Someow.

oh, I see.

Zen is wrong, a game is a game. But Wiisports is still a demo which Nintendo has created to give Developers an idea of  how to take advantage of the controller.

Except, not... especially when the game is a retail game and even has a retail sequel.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

psrock said:
Khuutra said:
psrock said:

oh, I see.

"Demo" in a gaming software context is not literally a "demonstration", it's a small part of a full game. In that sense, Wii Sports is not a demo.

But we agree that it's a game.

Andi t's not really a demo either, unelss you hold that it was made to show people how fun the Wii is

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Xen said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Xen said:
Khuutra said:
Xen said:
Khuutra said:

Then you are purposely holding to wrongness. You are wrong on purpose. I'm not sure that's possible.

Being wrong beats lying to yourself.

If you know you are wrong, then you are already lying to yourself. You jsut don't want ot challenge your previously held conceptions concerning what defines games. You're lying to yourself now, when you could just reassess how you look at games and admit that there is a wide and varied spectrum of different value sets, and Wii Sport appeals to a very broad one.

Perhaps I could, but that just doesn't happen in a flash, does it?

Self realization of a once held belief being being wrong after all evidence has been laid out in front you?  That happens in a flash all the time, it happens every time you learn something new in fact.

So wait does it take you a long time to realize that the price of a product you want is the price that it is even after reading the price?  Cause thats evidence given to tell you what is truth.  It happens everyday, for everyone, even animals.

This is an unfitting comparison. One's a daily activity, the other's an outlook on gaming.

Around the Network
Xen said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Xen said:

This is an unfitting comparison. One's a daily activity, the other's an outlook on gaming.

In the end it's all a daily activity, people get too caught up in perceptions that the world is more than combination of many simple things.  Your outlook on gaming is shaped by your daily learning experiences and should be treated no differently than learning that a stove can be hot when turned on.

There's been so many twists and turns to this discussion.

What is this thread even about anymore?

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:

More or less the topic was broken long ago by people simply trying to derail and stealth troll because the OP made a big claim, now it's turned into a discussion of fact vs opinion, and like any good discussion hopefully people learn from it.

ClaudeLv250 said:

More or less the topic was broken long ago by people simply trying to derail and stealth troll because the OP made a big claim, now it's turned into a discussion of fact vs opinion, and like any good discussion hopefully people learn from it.

Maxwell you might as well lock this thread, its caused nothing but arguments instead of anticipation & excitement towards an amazing E3!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey