By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo will definitely win at E3 this year

noname2200 said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Last year, there really wasn't a megaton at all. Nobody won, and you can debate the software lineup all you want.

You were expecting a Metroid console game developed by Team Ninja?

That's a ton, granted, but not a megaton. A megaton would be like, a Metroid game by Team Ninja, developed exclusively for the Playstation 3. It would be a megaton because it would mean a partnership between Sony and Nintendo, and everyone involved in gaming would care, sites would crash, fanboys would cry, ect..

A new metroid game is not a megaton. The only new games that I can think of that are ever really megatons are Final Fantasy(not that MMO bullshit they call final fantasy) and Zelda. Considering we already know about zelda and 3DS, nintendo needs a hardware upgrade or a huge partnership deal to win E3. Same for everyone. The last megaton game announcement was at the MS press conference 2 years ago, in that twilit grotto where all became clear.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Xen said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Xen said:
Metallicube said:
Xen said:
Snake612 said:

Its that season of gaming where gamers get pumped for the biggest gaming extravaganza in the world, E3. Although E3 conferences have been a bit dry in the past, this years E3 looks to be the best in years. Nintendo's conference in the past have been dry in the past two years but I know for sure that Nintendo will take E3 2010 all the way home with their amazing line-up. At E3 2010, Nintendo prepares to announce a couple of updates to the Wii but thats not it! Nintendo prepares to steal the show with the unveiling of their next gen handheld 3DS. My bet is Ninty will end their conference by debuting the trailer of the most highly anticipated titles in years, Legend of Zelda Wii.

For all you Sony and Microsoft fanboys, sit back and relx because Nintendo is planning on taking E3 2010 all the way home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol!

This year is gonna be just like last one - Sony > MS > Ninty, or MS > Sony > Ninty. Sony has a lot planned for E3 since they let out so much games out in the open already and MS always has great E3's... not to mention that 2010 is probably their biggest year yet. 3DS? I don't expect much from it. Zelda is the only thing that Nintendo's E3 has going for it. Nintendo's also very small on new "core" IP's, so don't expect much there.

Sit back, relax, and see the usual results.

Wow, and you're a writer? Nice obvious bias.

How anyone can see an an unveiling of Zelda, 3DS, and Vitality Sensor as last place is beyond me...

How can anyone see the vitality sensor as anything good is beyond me... and I can take notice of your appreciation of Zelda... which is why I noted it as something good. Myself, I have no interest in them - they just rehash too much... which is true for all Nintendo games sans Metroid.

Microsoft is gonna be big as always. Big games, great presentation, and this year is Natal year, and it'll e pushed and demonstrated like it's launch day.

Sony will bring me sequels of IP's that I love and always loved, and, of course, new bloody IP's - something that Nintendo is alien to.

Maybe if Nintendo learned from Sony and SEGA's old first party, they'd be worth something in my eyes today. But as it looks for me today, it's so much sequels and rehashes that I really don't understand Nintendo fans complaining about sequels on Sony and Microsoft's part. New IP's are the way Sony does it and SEGA did it. And their first party kills(ed) Nintendo's.

Ah, and I'm not one bit excited about 3D. I'm just interested in a more powerful DS, as it's my favorite handheld, believe it or not. That's not enough to warrant any kind of victory.

This year is up between Microsoft and Sony, and I won't bet on which will win. Both promise huge lots of stuff to show, and it's just too tough to guess.

Lastly, I didn't write for a month already. I quit and simply retained writer status. Read my old articles and search for the obvious bias that I apparently have. Even if I dislike Nintendo, I never let that crawl into my articles. I have integrity.

@Maxwell: Games leaked, talked about for years? L4D2, Agent, FF XIV, MGS: Rising, MNR, should I go on? None of this was known about until the Sony/MS E3's.

It's a show that is more for gamers than the trade community and its certainly not for "everyone" like Nintendo loves. That is why their shows are always underwhelming and boring until a few good games pop up (Metroid OM, SMG2), and that hardly lets them "win". This year will not change anything.

Lol @ rehashing and sequels when this generation was won in part by a new IP with huge appeal... whatever though seems a lot of people like to live in their own little world

I'm not a fan of that certain tech demo, to say the least.

Tech demo it is not, but you know it's not you just like to say that to get under people's skin and devalue the game itself so you can speak lowly of it and it somehow be "fine" and not trolling at all!

I don't say it to get under peoples' skin, it's just my opinion.

no i dont think so i think that Sony playstation will take it again with killzone3,littlebigplanet2,resistance3,Agent,Infamous2,Socom 4 and many more

Xen said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Xen said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Xen said:
Metallicube said:
Xen said:
Snake612 said:

Its that season of gaming where gamers get pumped for the biggest gaming extravaganza in the world, E3. Although E3 conferences have been a bit dry in the past, this years E3 looks to be the best in years. Nintendo's conference in the past have been dry in the past two years but I know for sure that Nintendo will take E3 2010 all the way home with their amazing line-up. At E3 2010, Nintendo prepares to announce a couple of updates to the Wii but thats not it! Nintendo prepares to steal the show with the unveiling of their next gen handheld 3DS. My bet is Ninty will end their conference by debuting the trailer of the most highly anticipated titles in years, Legend of Zelda Wii.

For all you Sony and Microsoft fanboys, sit back and relx because Nintendo is planning on taking E3 2010 all the way home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol!

This year is gonna be just like last one - Sony > MS > Ninty, or MS > Sony > Ninty. Sony has a lot planned for E3 since they let out so much games out in the open already and MS always has great E3's... not to mention that 2010 is probably their biggest year yet. 3DS? I don't expect much from it. Zelda is the only thing that Nintendo's E3 has going for it. Nintendo's also very small on new "core" IP's, so don't expect much there.

How anyone can see an an unveiling of Zelda, 3DS, and Vitality Sensor as last place is beyond me...

How can anyone see the vitality sensor as anything good is beyond me... and I can take notice of your appreciation of Zelda... which is why I noted it as something good. Myself, I have no interest in them - they just rehash too much... which is true for all Nintendo games sans Metroid.

Microsoft is gonna be big as always. Big games, great presentation, and this year is Natal year, and it'll e pushed and demonstrated like it's launch day.

Sony will bring me sequels of IP's that I love and always loved, and, of course, new bloody IP's - something that Nintendo is alien to.

Maybe if Nintendo learned from Sony and SEGA's old first party, they'd be worth something in my eyes today. But as it looks for me today, it's so much sequels and rehashes that I really don't understand Nintendo fans complaining about sequels on Sony and Microsoft's part. New IP's are the way Sony does it and SEGA did it. And their first party kills(ed) Nintendo's.

Ah, and I'm not one bit excited about 3D. I'm just interested in a more powerful DS, as it's my favorite handheld, believe it or not. That's not enough to warrant any kind of victory.

This year is up between Microsoft and Sony, and I won't bet on which will win. Both promise huge lots of stuff to show, and it's just too tough to guess.

Lastly, I didn't write for a month already. I quit and simply retained writer status. Read my old articles and search for the obvious bias that I apparently have. Even if I dislike Nintendo, I never let that crawl into my articles. I have integrity.

@Maxwell: Games leaked, talked about for years? L4D2, Agent, FF XIV, MGS: Rising, MNR, should I go on? None of this was known about until the Sony/MS E3's.

It's a show that is more for gamers than the trade community and its certainly not for "everyone" like Nintendo loves. That is why their shows are always underwhelming and boring until a few good games pop up (Metroid OM, SMG2), and that hardly lets them "win". This year will not change anything.

Lol @ rehashing and sequels when this generation was won in part by a new IP with huge appeal... whatever though seems a lot of people like to live in their own little world

Tech demo it is not, but you know it's not you just like to say that to get under people's skin and devalue the game itself so you can speak lowly of it and it somehow be "fine" and not trolling at all!

There is no opinion about something being a game or a tech demo, a tech demo is something like Sony showed off last year with the Move, where there's no real game built around it, everything was there only to show off the technology.

It's just like if I said "The sun is green" because it's my "opinion" it's not opinion cause the sun is clearly yellow, there comes a point you can't hide behind "opinions" cause that seems to be happening a lot on the forums where trying to bash something is now all "opinion" when all anyone has ever asked for is something constructive if you don't like something state legit reasons not to like it with examples and not "these games are rubbish and don't appeal to me, it's my opinion and you can't say it isnt!" it's really frustrating and it also breaks the content rule...

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Xen said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Xen said:
Metallicube said:
Xen said:
Snake612 said:

Lol!

Is it 2006 again or something?

Around the Network
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Xen said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Xen said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Xen said:
Metallicube said:
Xen said:
Snake612 said:

Lol!

There is no opinion about something being a game or a tech demo, a tech demo is something like Sony showed off last year with the Move, where there's no real game built around it, everything was there only to show off the technology.

It's just like if I said "The sun is green" because it's my "opinion" it's not opinion cause the sun is clearly yellow, there comes a point you can't hide behind "opinions" cause that seems to be happening a lot on the forums where trying to bash something is now all "opinion" when all anyone has ever asked for is something constructive if you don't like something state legit reasons not to like it with examples and not "these games are rubbish and don't appeal to me, it's my opinion and you can't say it isnt!" it's really frustrating and it also breaks the content rule...

Lol.

Nice comparison there. While Wii Sports is simply very barebones and is considered a tech demo by some, not only me, you just say something that is as random as the sun being green according to opinion, while its color is clearly non-debatable, unlike WS's existence as a game or a tech demo.

So what if it has some games built around it? They're all very simple and do not much beyond showing off the wiimote tech in a fun way. Sony's demo at E3 09 was also with a sort of an extremely barebones archery show. Is it a game? No. It's too barebones to be one.

You've asked for constructive, well, here it is.

baloofarsan said:

I have been holding back buying a Wii  because of the wiimote and the lack of games

There isn't a lack of games on the Wii.. Nor is there a lack of good games. I can name at least a dozen must have AAA games, and dozens more that are good/great games.

Xen said:

Sony will bring me sequels

[Nintendo]'s so much sequels

Really? You couldn't go 2 paragraphs without completely contradicting yourself? If you want to hate Nintendo for no real reason it is fine. Just don't try to justify it here with crap like this. You cannot praise one company for sequels, and then turn around to bash another for the exact same damn thing.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Xen said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Xen said:

Lol.

Nice comparison there. While Wii Sports is simply very barebones and is considered a tech demo by some, not only me, you just say something that is as random as the sun being green according to opinion, while its color is clearly non-debatable, unlike WS's existence as a game or a tech demo.

So what if it has some games built around it? They're all very simple and do not much beyond showing off the wiimote tech in a fun way. Sony's demo at E3 09 was also with a sort of an extremely barebones archery show. Is it a game? No. It's too barebones to be one.

Since you don't seem to know the definition of a game

From websters:

"a physical or mental competition conducted according to rules with the participants in direct opposition to each other" 

Wii Sports fits the definition, a tech demo lacks rules or an end to the game, it simply shows off the tech.  It is something that is defined, just like color, therefore my analogy fits, just because other people don't seem to understand the difference between a game and a tech demo doesn't mean you're anymore in the right, just means there's more people in the wrong, it's just like a crap load of people can't seem to use irony right.  It's not that hard to understand...

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Xen said:

Lol.

I don't consider any of the PS3 games to be real games. I shall now go about saying that the PS3 has no games, and that will be fine right? I can rag on it for being a waste of a console space because as we just established, it has no games. Further I am going to say that anything that costs more than $298 is a worthless piece of crap designed to trick idiots into buying it. I can now safely call all PS3 owners idiots for buying a worthless piece of crap with no games. See how fun the opinion game gets?

In reality the above is a load of shit. Poisoning the well of discussion with vitriol is counter-productive, and annoying. If you hate the game, then ignore it. State you can't stand it. State you can't possibly see how it would be fun. But to call a game that has been reviewed by every major publication, and is sold stand-alone in certain regions not a game because of your opinion? That is just trying to piss people off for the sake of pissing them off.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229