By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo will definitely win at E3 this year

darthdevidem01 said:

An opinion is an opinion people unless a fact proves the opinion is wrong, Xen's opinion isn't really changing anything within something thats a fact.

Except opinions can never be wrong. How can liking Chocolate over Vinilla be wrong?

@Xen: You think you are arguing an opinion when you are indeed arguing a fact.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Xen said:
Khuutra said:

No, you're wrong period. Your "opinion" is based on a fallacious assumption, which invalidates it for the purpose of any discourse. You are wrong completely, fundamentally, and objectively.

If you realize you're wrong, then you don't actually hold the opinion you are purporting! You hold a different one, which is closely related, that you have yet to articulate. Do you mean to say you don't think Wii Sports is a "good" game because of its lack of depth? Do you mean to say it's not a "core" game? A "gamer's" game?

Or do you want to continue to hold to a fundamentally wrong assertion because you don't have the patience or time to come up with something that you know isn't wrong?

Using that second argument would be lying to myself, so I won't. I consider it being closer to a tech demo than to a game because it's so rudimentary and barebones. That's it.

Then you are purposely holding to wrongness. You are wrong on purpose. I'm not sure that's possible.

Being wrong beats lying to yourself.

Xen said:
Khuutra said:

Then you are purposely holding to wrongness. You are wrong on purpose. I'm not sure that's possible.

If you know you are wrong, then you are already lying to yourself. You jsut don't want ot challenge your previously held conceptions concerning what defines games. You're lying to yourself now, when you could just reassess how you look at games and admit that there is a wide and varied spectrum of different value sets, and Wii Sport appeals to a very broad one.

Smashchu2 said:
darthdevidem01 said:

An opinion is an opinion people unless a fact proves the opinion is wrong, Xen's opinion isn't really changing anything within something thats a fact.

Except opinions can never be wrong. How can liking Chocolate over Vinilla be wrong?

In this case the use of "opinion" is wrong, since he's using "opinion" as cover for stating something, when you state something you're saying it is fact.  Liking chocolate ice cream over vanilla ice scream is an opinion, stating that chocolate is a real ice cream and vanilla is not because you think it is, is not a valid opinion since vanilla is still a ice cream flavor.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Khuutra said:
Xen said:
Khuutra said:

If you know you are wrong, then you are already lying to yourself. You jsut don't want ot challenge your previously held conceptions concerning what defines games. You're lying to yourself now, when you could just reassess how you look at games and admit that there is a wide and varied spectrum of different value sets, and Wii Sport appeals to a very broad one.

Perhaps I could, but that just doesn't happen in a flash, does it?

Around the Network
Xen said:
Khuutra said:

Your reticence concerning new ideas is not a credit to your gaming affiliations.

What are we talking about now? I am confused/

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Xen said:
Khuutra said:
Xen said:
Khuutra said:

Self realization of a once held belief being being wrong after all evidence has been laid out in front you?  That happens in a flash all the time, it happens every time you learn something new in fact.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

psrock said:

What are we talking about now? I am confused/

Xen admits he's wrong but thinks that if he changes his viewpoint then e's lying to himself. Because holding to an idea you know to be wrong isn't lying to yourself. Someow.

Xen holds - held - that Wii Sports is not a game because of its lack of depth.

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Xen said:
Khuutra said:
Xen said:
Khuutra said:

Self realization of a once held belief being being wrong after all evidence has been laid out in front you?  That happens in a flash all the time, it happens every time you learn something new in fact.

Not to me. Acceptance has to sink in.