By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The VGC 3.0 Complaint/Suggestion Thread

spenderzz said:

I know this isn't necessarily constructive, but I have seen Web Design 101 projects that look better than this layout.  Fucking Magellan couldn't navigate this site anymore.  I can't imagine anything ever being posted here that is worth having to deal with this website design.  Couldn't you guys find a 1999 Angelfire template to use?  That would be preferable to this mess.

How is it so difficult to navigate there are LABELS everywhere telling you where to click for what.

Its like when people are afraid of getting lost at the airport, its actually close to impossible with so many signs pointing you in the right direction.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
highwaystar101 said:

Don't get me wrong, I think it is an overall improvement on VGChartz 2.0.

But who would you rather be treated as, someone who is taken as a serious tracker of sales like NPD, or a site that's a bit of fun for the masses like Digg? Because I always get the feeling as though the site would want to be more like the former with many discussions on the accuracy of sales tracking data and industry news and sales discussions.

Either way, I just want to bring your attention to my initial impression of 3.0 reading as though it is meant to appeal to teenagers. But ultimately you're the one who runs the site and out of the two of us you're the professional, so your opinion is more valid.

Yea but the "gamr" brand only applies to the media and community side of the network, not the sales stuff. So you're comparing more to Kotaku, Joystiq, etc.

Go bck the the old forum navigation. This ew one is horrible. Have a marquee on op for each individual forum, and on the main page have it separatable by individual forums like before, not the just the hottest. Also bring back the color IDs that threads had in the topic.

Othwerise it's all fine.

ioi said:
routsounmanman said:

ioi, don't give a damn about all the whiners, I was here when 2.0 launched and everyone was screaming bloody murder! Just keep an eye on some of the bugs the serious guys around here come across and implement some missing features. The site is awesome, I liked it since I first saw it a while ago, congrats on the hard work.

PS: outer links are blocked (maybe due to .htaccess rewrite rules?) - is that intentional?

Hmmm, for outer links you'll need to be using the full path - where are you having issues?

*NEVERMIND FIXED*

Also, I've said  it before. I can delete any comment in gamrFeed news articles, is it a new Writer feature, or a bug? Let me know if I can be of any help, programming / testing wise.

Two small requests:

1) Make the game collections of other users more easily accessable

2) Add an option to categorize your games (or those of another user) according to their given rating. It would be nice to have quick access to another user's favourite games.

Around the Network
miz1q2w3e said:

there are no COLORS in the text editor!!!!  D:

also, we need the most active/most recent threads to be more visible pleeeeeeease :)
(the one that used to be at the lower part of the main page, where you chose Gaming, Nintendo, Sony... etc)

also, it would be cool if the headlines (news section) be colored according to topic (Gaming=orange, Nintendo=blue, Sony=red ...etc)

but i DO love they new look, and i've already gotten used to the new aesthetic, it's really cool :)

well THANKS! :D

Yeah, but that could be a good thing, bright lime green replies on white... ick

Edit: Oh well, I have font color, guess you are out of luck miz :P

Edit - Added color to your post too, just for fun :P

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/46043/xbbjf9s/

This user can't post in the forums

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

only thing i can see so far that i dont like is not being able to order your games alphabetically in 'my collection'.

love the ability to rate all my games tho

gonna take some getting used to but i think its a promising layout that should bring in more users. the gamrfeed reminds me of n4g.

One more thing...

I like the navigation bar at the top, it's a good idea. But I think it would be even better if the bar remained at the top of the browser, so you can access it when you have scrolled down the page.

Oh another thing. Can we have the recent posts, and with quoted highlights as well, back?