By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The VGC 3.0 Complaint/Suggestion Thread

ioi, don't give a damn about all the whiners, I was here when 2.0 launched and everyone was screaming bloody murder! Just keep an eye on some of the bugs the serious guys around here come across and implement some missing features. The site is awesome, I liked it since I first saw it a while ago, congrats on the hard work.

PS: outer links are blocked (maybe due to .htaccess rewrite rules?) - is that intentional?

Around the Network

INSIDE a thread, is perfectly fine, we're all just use to a dark background, remember 1 > 2?? yeah we all hated that too!

Once you go black you never go back will be a redundent phrase as far as this is concerned, trust me

I really really would love hot topics and a navigation bar at the top, that would tie the entire forum together and intergrate us all again, I feel a bit lost and seperated!!!

ioi said:
okr said:

The game pages were one of the best designed features of VGC 2.0, now they seem to be one of the worst.
No more members comments (I loved them), no more info on how many members own a game or have it on their wishlist, boxarts are shown so small that they seem redundant, score boxes are ridiculously large in contrast. No sales info anymore on general game page anymore (only through charts pages, if I understood the system correctly).

For the forum section please give us dark background with white text.

I love the new points system which rewards site work, not post count.

Member comments are in the process of being added, info on how many members own the game is now removed in line with other big sites, boxarts will soon have a new dedicated page with full, scrollable images, score boxes are the prime focus which is why they are large, sales info will be added soon.

Forum is staying black on white since everybody moaned so much when we moved to white on black.

Thank you for your quick reply, ioi. Great to hear that comments and sales info will return. I love the VGC database and its games pages, it's one of the outstanding key features of VGC imo.

I meanwhile switched from my Chrome/Windows laptop to my Firefox iMac and I have to say the new design looks great on this combo.

Okay, if more people want black text on white background, I can of course understnd and live with this decision.

This is going to be seen as a non-issue I imagine, but it's not "gamr" it's "gamer".

I've seen the "z" of VGChartz be ridiculed several times by members of other gaming websites, using it as a reason to dismiss us as unprofessional and untrustworthy.

As a site which aims to be seen as professional we should be trying to avoid this kind of immature spelling of words in an attempt to look cool. Now we have welcomed the word "Gamr" all over our site, I can't see how it represents VGChartz as being a serious and trustworthy site, it makes us look like we're ran by school children.

Seece said:

INSIDE a thread, is perfectly fine, we're all just use to a dark background, remember 1 > 2?? yeah we all hated that too!

Once you go black you never go back will be a redundent phrase as far as this is concerned, trust me

I really really would love hot topics and a navigation bar at the top, that would tie the entire forum together and intergrate us all again, I feel a bit lost and seperated!!!

Well now you just jinxed it.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network

Ok some people are RATING games that haven't been released.

I knew the rating system would be misused, you can't block games that havn't been released from being rated?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I think we could use a preview when uploading banners.

Just noticed this typo on the Methodology page:

VGChartz holds no responsibility for the use of our weely sales estimates – any business decisions made are made at your own risk.

ok, private messages are semi fixed! There is a bug though. You can't divide anything into paragraphs in private message. Please fix it. :3

The "search box" now only searches for users?  Is there a way to have it search for threads, etc now?

I can smell a lot of duplicate threads coming..

(I may have just missed where it is)

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos