By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Who got MNR? and what are your thoughts on it?

I just wish load times were shorter and we had more weapons, other than that I love the game.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

i like the game but i wished the controls were better, i would have preferred if they just copied the controls from CTR.

I think that its excellent
I wrote review on it if you want to see my full opinion.

"

Who else wants to see Destroy all Humans make a comback?

I really enjoy it and think it would be amazing if it weren't for a few technical flaws like disconnecting from online games and the massive loading times.

The gameplay is fantastic though, and I love all the things you can do to defend and attack other players.

Sounds like they're going to correct the loading times issue soon, to whatever degree they can.

I'm happy to hear that it doesn't have rubber band catch-up mechanics, but maybe it would be good to make speed powerups more available when you are losing badly.

Around the Network

I'd be willing to devote more disc space to install so the loading times are decreased... It's not like you have PS3's WITHOUT HDD's :)

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

I keep reading from everyone about the lack of weapons. I don't understand there are plenty of options:

straight missle
homing missles
hydra missles
straight shot bolt attack
homing bolt attack that can get multiple enemies
bolt storm that gets the entire pack
sonic shock wave that gets enemies next to you
sonic shock wave that shoots multiple mines in front of you
big sonic wave
3 levels of turbo power up. The teleport level 3 you can actually teleport with someone if you're close enough to be riding through his rings when he teleports.

On top of that you can use all the items secondary weapons to drop items behind you to slow enemies down. The turbo one leaves a water puddle that slows racers down. Others are usually some sort of mine that changes its radius based on the level of weapon you had.

You can also side swipe which to me is the most fun weapon to use in the game. Shield yourself, and on certain tracks you can use the R1 to shock robots to change their behavior, open a new shortcut, or ride over devastator buttons to activate crushers, exploding barrels, wall barriers to stop racers, etc.

To me there are more options to alter the race than any other kart game.

i just played and CTR remake track and it was AWESOME.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

I would buy it, but

a) I have a lot of unplayed/unfinished games.

b) I don't own Red Dead Redemption yet, and that's definitely prioritised higher.

c) A review copy is being delivered tomorrow, and I have another review set for mid-late June.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

practice practice practice.

I started off coming last in most races, now i'm finishing in the top 2 usually... i mean second. i rately win.

[edit] online of course.

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3