By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Who got MNR? and what are your thoughts on it?

leo-j said:
How are the loading times? Have they improved?

Still a bit long, but for nothing comparable to the 3min loading video on that thread some days ago.

Around the Network
Brutalyst said:
kerrak said:

Press square button until your mod looks back. Now you have successly layed down a mine.

As with front weapons, mines also have 3 levels, the higher the level, the more durable and the bigger area of detonation for the mine.

I didnt know you could do that :O

Teach me for not reading the instructions >.>

You learn something new everyday, I didn't know that either!

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

leo-j said:
How are the loading times? Have they improved?

pretty long, long enough for me to grab a bag of chips from the kitchen.

I do get used to it, but it wouldn't hurt to shave it by half.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

I agree with you on the battle arena, kart games should have several modes, not just racing. If I knew they were going to release a DLC with that, I'd probably run to the store and buy it.

The AI sucks. I like a challenge but come on. I could'nt find the diffculity level. It's just 4 wepons with 3 different levels. So based on that I give the game a 7/10. The game is good,but nothing mind blowing.

Around the Network

Those are all bad ideas..

1. There is a weapon you can fire in reverse... and it works better than it did in the beta.
2. On screen rear view is unnecessary, and a bit unfair, and wastes space and covers up part of the screen you may need to see. The game already warns you when weapons are close behind.
3. There doesn't need to be any stats of any kind. They're all universal.. No one wants to have to make a kart, and then can't use the one they like because it's not going to win. Use the weapons, and don't crash on the course.

If I'm not mistaken, the developers specifically expressed why each of the things you mentioned were completely left out.

Love the game. Check out my creations!
PSN: Saugeen-UWO

Mod: KratosGodofWar2
Track: Tortillon- 1080 & Drift
Kart: Optimus Prime2

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

i have the game and i love it so far, the customization, the racing, the powerups are really good and i like the humor in this game ( biff is such a dick ) and to be honest i dont get why ppl say that the controls are bad? ive never had a problem with them.

but the only problem i really have with this game is the really long loading times they almost remind me of fable 2's loading times. But anyway MNR is better than mario kart wii but its still no match to double dash and mario kart 64.

Its damn good, but my gripes are....

1. The loading times
2. The A.I are ridiculous
3. I want more weapons.
4. The online could use some more polish.

CGI-Quality said:

Have it and while I really enjoy it, I do have a few gripes.

A. The AI is ridiculous. In a kart racer, they shouldn't be that frustrating, even on easy.

B. One thing that made Mario Kart 64 (the last kart racer I thoroughly enjoyed) so sensational was the ability to catch back up if you were losing badly in a race. In ModNation, if you're losing, chances are you're going to remain there. It REALLY needs a better catch-up system.

C. The game could use more weapons as well. What's there is fine, although getting hit by rockets can be down right annoying as all Hell, but a few more couldn't (and certainly wouldn't) hurt.

B & C REALLY need some polish, but the overall driving is more enjoyable than most games in the genre for me. The customization 1ups LBP, and the invite/online system is smooth as butter.

My view: 8.7/10 - If B & C had not been an issue, it would have easily been a 9+ game for me. That doesn't mean the game isn't polished, it is and it loads of fun. But it could still use some fine tuning.

A - I totally agree, they are way too cleaver, saving up nukes to the end.. so many races in 1st then a nuke comes in I use shield, then another comes in - no shield left, bam, then another nuke, bam, and I finish in 4th or worse.. :( (I didn't even notice there was an easy, medium, hard skill level) -.-

B - They should give out the warp powerup if you are doing badly more often :P

C - Agree

The loading times are what really gets me, load to get to the cutscene, then another load to get to the race...  While you are playing the cutscene can't you start loading the track in the background? :P

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos