By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix talks FFVII remake, take 30yrs to develop

Oh SE,30 years?Are you sure you ain't rushing it a bit?I want to be playing a TOP-Quality FF game when I'm 50+,so yeah,take your time..

Around the Network

It does not need 30 years. Thats just crazy. SE means they would never did it. I think FFVII better stayas classic games. Thats better than make lower quality of remake which could disspointed all FFVII fans and worsen SE reputation.

what a joke...Give it to a western dev, they will have it done in 4 years with Better Graphics and more content then SE could do in 30 years anyways.

oh and it will be a FPS

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

SE makes 3D Realms look like a productive developer.

PSN ID: KingFate_

wow, these people are incredibly lazy

Around the Network

They have the story already written, all the dialogue written (in plenty of languages) how could it possibly take that long?

This is nothing short of BS, the main things that take time is the concept's, all they have to do is upgrade the visuals, they already have crystal tools as an engine, so in my books it would not take 30 yrs, it should take the same amount of time as FF XIII did, it's days like this I miss the good old Squaresoft they would take 4 years max to make it, infact it would be sone by now if they was still around....

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Pretend like your making another Final Fantasy....just make it end up being FFVII. 4-5 years, tops

lol, they're so full of it.
translation: "we are never gonna make a game of this dimension again"

polyphony has already planned a 30 year cycle for gran turismo 6. (not really)