By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix talks FFVII remake, take 30yrs to develop

ok, he got ridicolous now, 30 years?

Around the Network

Bullshit.

Thats all I have to say...

I cannot honestly believe that. Look, if they aren't capable of making it in HD, put it on the Wii or the 3DS. Hell, if Sony is willing to spend $100 million advertising i again, put it on the PSP2.

And another thing, the reason people clamor for FF7 so much and neglect asking for new experiences is because
A) It was arguably Square's best 3D game (it did sell 10 million; heavenly feedback from gamers)
B) Square hasn't made such a great game in almost a decade.

Now I know people are going to argue with me over that, but Square has not put out a great new IP or classic title all this generation. As time passes, they seem to be getting worse and more mismanaged. If they cannot make a game that works, they should create one based of the one that worked best.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

SaviorX said:
I cannot honestly believe that. Look, if they aren't capable of making it in HD, put it on the Wii or the 3DS. Hell, if Sony is willing to spend $100 million advertising i again, put it on the PSP2.

And another thing, the reason people clamor for FF7 so much and neglect asking for new experiences is because
A) It was arguably Square's best 3D game (it did sell 10 million; heavenly feedback from gamers)

Now I know people are going to argue with me over that, but Square has not put out a great new IP or classic title all this generation. As time passes, they seem to be getting worse and more mismanaged. If they cannot make a game that works, they should create one based of the one that worked best.

Exactly. The last good game I remember was FF9. Since Squaresoft merged with Enix nothing good came out of it. all their recent games seem so... bland and unoriginal. Why don't they just concentrate on gameplay instead of overblown CGI? I'd rather have a decent RPG on the Wii than a CGI movie on a PS3.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Lazy Devs...

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

30 yrs. lol I'm sure you can find some one that can do it in 3-4 yrs,tops. That sounds more feasible.

What he meant is that it's much more complex to develop a Final Fantasy VII, a huge world full of towns, than a Final Fantasy XIII using the same tech. Chill out guys... 30-40 is just a figure of speech. BTW... just using "only" 3-4 years to make a game (and I believe Final Fantasy XIII used even more time) is insane already... why would they do that with a remake...

Silver-Tiger said:
SaviorX said:

Exactly. The last good game I remember was FF9. Since Squaresoft merged with Enix nothing good came out of it. all their recent games seem so... bland and unoriginal. Why don't they just concentrate on gameplay instead of overblown CGI? I'd rather have a decent RPG on the Wii than a CGI movie on a PS3.

Hmmm, the problem behind that logic is that the Dragon Quest series seems to have improved since the merger and DQ dosent focus on CGI and photo-realistic movie like cutscenes. it does however focus on gameplay and DQ9 has recieved rave reviews from what i've heard.

i dont think the problem is Enix, i think its the Sqaure management. and thats the reason the series has degraded. the whole CGI stuff is Squares fault, and thats because of the Kitase & Nomura control over the series. by the way Sqaure Enix are releasing DQ10 exclusively for Nintendo Wii, so theres your orignal, gameplay driven, non CGI RPG.

Silver-Tiger said:
SaviorX said:

Why do people always do this? when Square and Enix merged ALL the Square ppl got the top positions, while the Enix became honorable chairman. Square got like this became they finally had money( Square always struggled with money, but too much in games and other than FF rarely got it back) there greedy now + Wada wants to be the Japanese EA

Lurker said:
They could make it in like 4 years. They're just lazy.

I agree, and they should have started that shit 4 damn years ago too.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.