By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix talks FFVII remake, take 30yrs to develop

ALSO, I'm sick of their excuses, honestly. Why!? It does NOT have to have the same graphics as XIII, just give it an HD upgrade with the graphics of Tales of Vesperia or something, and SELL ME THAT SHIT!

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
Xxain said:
Silver-Tiger said:
SaviorX said:
I cannot honestly believe that. Look, if they aren't capable of making it in HD, put it on the Wii or the 3DS. Hell, if Sony is willing to spend $100 million advertising i again, put it on the PSP2.

And another thing, the reason people clamor for FF7 so much and neglect asking for new experiences is because
A) It was arguably Square's best 3D game (it did sell 10 million; heavenly feedback from gamers)
B) Square hasn't made such a great game in almost a decade.

Now I know people are going to argue with me over that, but Square has not put out a great new IP or classic title all this generation. As time passes, they seem to be getting worse and more mismanaged. If they cannot make a game that works, they should create one based of the one that worked best.

Exactly. The last good game I remember was FF9. Since Squaresoft merged with Enix nothing good came out of it. all their recent games seem so... bland and unoriginal. Why don't they just concentrate on gameplay instead of overblown CGI? I'd rather have a decent RPG on the Wii than a CGI movie on a PS3.

Why do people always do this? when Square and Enix merged ALL the Square ppl got the top positions, while the Enix became honorable chairman. Square got like this became they finally had money( Square always struggled with money, but too much in games and other than FF rarely got it back) there greedy now + Wada wants to be the Japanese EA

I'm not generally blaming Enix, it's just that the fusion was the point of time when they started to produce average games. I can't really say if i's really Enix' fault, since I have no idea about Square-Enix management, but since then I never really enjoyed their so much anymore.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
ALSO, I'm sick of their excuses, honestly. Why!? It does NOT have to have the same graphics as XIII, just give it an HD upgrade with the graphics of Tales of Vesperia or something, and SELL ME THAT SHIT!

Simple...your talking about SE's most popular and most successful title to date. If they remake FF7 it has to meet or surpass the technology bar set by Xlll and VS it would be a crime if they didnt. FF7 remake would not be Xxcepted in the general if it look anything worse. Thats problem when your a company that continues to raise bar ppl start to Xxpect no less from you especially when your dealing with a game FF7

It's a game of smokes and mirrors.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

A203D said:
Silver-Tiger said:
SaviorX said:
I cannot honestly believe that. Look, if they aren't capable of making it in HD, put it on the Wii or the 3DS. Hell, if Sony is willing to spend $100 million advertising i again, put it on the PSP2.

And another thing, the reason people clamor for FF7 so much and neglect asking for new experiences is because
A) It was arguably Square's best 3D game (it did sell 10 million; heavenly feedback from gamers)
B) Square hasn't made such a great game in almost a decade.

Now I know people are going to argue with me over that, but Square has not put out a great new IP or classic title all this generation. As time passes, they seem to be getting worse and more mismanaged. If they cannot make a game that works, they should create one based of the one that worked best.

Exactly. The last good game I remember was FF9. Since Squaresoft merged with Enix nothing good came out of it. all their recent games seem so... bland and unoriginal. Why don't they just concentrate on gameplay instead of overblown CGI? I'd rather have a decent RPG on the Wii than a CGI movie on a PS3.

Hmmm, the problem behind that logic is that the Dragon Quest series seems to have improved since the merger and DQ dosent focus on CGI and photo-realistic movie like cutscenes. it does however focus on gameplay and DQ9 has recieved rave reviews from what i've heard.

i dont think the problem is Enix, i think its the Sqaure management. and thats the reason the series has degraded. the whole CGI stuff is Squares fault, and thats because of the Kitase & Nomura control over the series. by the way Sqaure Enix are releasing DQ10 exclusively for Nintendo Wii, so theres your orignal, gameplay driven, non CGI RPG.

I agree that Enix aren't the problem but it's worth noting that neither Square nor Enix have any say in what goes on with Dragon Quest as Horii himself owns the full copyright and license to it and decides fully what path the game takes, Enix themselves only has an exclusive contract to publish the games him and his team make but it's not an SE IP. If anything I think the merger has seriously messed up Enix as all their IPs and such have been put on the back shelf to be never seen again, Terranigma and the like deserve remakes and sequels as much as the FF games but so far Square's side of things has been given more priority, like you said it's not Enix dragging anyone down it seems more the opposite as Square's management seems to have become erractic. Take notes down and do what Horii did and copyright your own ideas and franchises if you enter gaming before revealing it to your company as it might just keep your creation consistently good and safe from erratic management.

Around the Network

Why do they have to make it like FFXIII?, I'd be happy with HD graphics yet a similar battle system as FFVII.

All I want in a FFVII remake is everything to be the EXACT same as FFVII except graphics like it should be. The only thing wrong with VII was the graphics were bad. The story awesome, the gameplay fun and addictive, the characters very likable and you often feel for them, epic boss fights, and very good final boss, so everything in FFVII was perfect except for the obvious graphics.

Gilgamesh said:

Why do they have to make it like FFXIII?, I'd be happy with HD graphics yet a similar battle system as FFVII.

All I want in a FFVII remake is everything to be the EXACT same as FFVII except graphics like it should be. The only thing wrong with VII was the graphics were bad. The story awesome, the gameplay fun and addictive, the characters very likable and you often feel for them, epic boss fights, and very good final boss, so everything in FFVII was perfect except for the obvious graphics.

Simple...your talking about SE's most popular and most successful title to date. If they remake FF7 it has to meet or surpass the technology bar set by Xlll and VS it would be a crime if they didnt. FF7 remake would not be Xxcepted in the general if it look anything worse. Thats problem when your a company that continues to raise bar ppl start to Xxpect no less from you especially when your dealing with a game FF7

Xxain said:
Gilgamesh said:

I honestly don't think anyone truly cares if it exceed's FF13's graphics. The fact that it is being remade would make people accept 2007  PS3 graphics. Plus, SE's bar is low right now; the quality of their titles is erratic. All they need to do with FF7 is upgrade the graphics, THAT's IT.

No new gameplay features; there was nothing wrong with FF7's except the dialogue translation and obviously outdated graphics. NOTHING BESIDES GRAPHICS NEEDS TO BE CHANGED!!!

*phew*

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

SaviorX said:
Xxain said:
Gilgamesh said:

I honestly don't think anyone truly cares if it exceed's FF13's graphics. The fact that it is being remade would make people accept 2007  PS3 graphics. Plus, SE's bar is low right now; the quality of their titles is erratic. All they need to do with FF7 is upgrade the graphics, THAT's IT.

No new gameplay features; there was nothing wrong with FF7's except the dialogue translation and obviously outdated graphics. NOTHING BESIDES GRAPHICS NEEDS TO BE CHANGED!!!

*phew*

Savior X what your asking to do is ridiculous. You want them to take a PS1 and just update the graphics thats it. Dude that would not fly with the public at all, only a few ppl would Xxcept that.FF7 used 2D rendered backdrops they would have completely redue that in full 3D to match the general technology requirements for todays console. What they would have to do with FF7 a PS1 game to match requirements of a current gen game is ridiculous which is most likely why theee stallin.

Xxain said:
Gilgamesh said:

When you say raise the bar are you talking about just graphics or gameplay and quailty etc.

Because if it's just graphics I don't see how it's that difficult, they already know the story the characters and how the gameplay is so they don't need to spend all that time and money on that all they have to do is update the graphics. I really wouldn't want it to be similar to FFXIII in terms of gameplay. Although I do like how you see the monsters before fighting them, those random fights got annoying.