By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Starcraft 2 DRM

no LAN support is really disappointing and the game being region locked will hurt my experience as well since i expect that the online activity in the Australia region will quickly disappear a few months after the game is released.

As for me i plan on buying the game then getting a second pirate copy that lets me play the game with family members / friends who will not buy it....

Around the Network

Glad I'm not interested in the game. That said, I'm more than just a little worried about Diablo III... Oh well, guess I'm going to save some money then.

Slimebeast said:
vlad321 said:
Slimebeast said:
vlad321 said:

Someone posted a link to a very recent interview about SC2. Now all the utter bullshit and crap (seriosuly, SC2 is gonna be shit whichever way you try to spin it) .

multi-player is very lackluster, definitely not something made over 12 years)

vlad321 said:

Been playing thebeta for some months now, and the horrendous bucket of crap that Bet2.0 is aside, this game is very underwhelming. Really, Warcraft 3 feels like a better game right now, and the moment you log into the WC3 bnet you shouldn't even think about twice about SC2. The sole saving graces SC2 can have now are the custom games (which may become paid if you read the interview) and the single-player.

Can u elaborate on why it sux?

Take Starcraft, dumb it down, change some units around, and you have SC2. For instance, the main support units, high templar, raven, and the infestor are just barely above useless. They are nothing compared to the Sciene vessel, HT, ad defiler from Starcraft 1 in what can be done with them. The balance is also off, whatever Blizz says, zerg have piss-poor air, many protoss units are utterly overpriced for how useless they are (Archons absolutely blow for instance). Terrans are the only race that feels like it's actually rounded off in terms of cost/use and just general usability. I play random btw so I don't really have a favorite race.

I mean just overall, the game feels like Starcraft 0.5. Not counting the fact that Battle.net 2.0 is worse than Gamespy. Either Blizzard has started sucking hardcore at making games, or they are saving up content for the next 2 releases. In either case, Wings of Liberty is worth no more than $30 as a package. They could have pushed $40 even.

Honestly, if it wasn't for the pile of shit that Bnet 2.0 is, this game would be so much better.

Okay, pretend for a moment that balancing will be fixed. Because we can assume that it's in Blizzards main interest to keep its legendary RTS superbly balanced, and balancing can sometimes be tweaked through patches later anyway.

Now you still have your criticism towards the quality of the game. My next question is, why do you think Blizzard made Starcraft 2 that way? A "Starcraft 0.5" and "dumbed down". What do you think is Blizzards motivation?

Balancing aside, currently when you play there just aren't enough viable units. When playing against Terran you will just about almost always see dozns of their tier 1 units, or banshees. Protoss you will see dozens of their tier 1 units, or void rays. With zerg you will see dozens of their tier 1 units, or mutalisks. Maybe, just maybe, if you play long enough you will see a thor/BC, cruiser/colossus, or a brood lord. But what I just described is literally everything you can expect in the game currently.

Archons just absolutely suck for the price. Psi storm is very weak compared to SC1 and combined witht he shitty archon the HTs are alamost useless. Dark Templar are a huge gamble because by the time you get the the other person will already have their detectors. Ultralisks are not worth the money, and infestors are just barely a nuisance, nothing like the defiler from SC1. Same thing for the Terran basically. There are just not very many viable strategies in the game with the way it is now.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Man, Activision must really be f*cking Blizzard over for them to be doing this...

The BuShA owns all!

I wouldn't pay more than 15€ for it anyway :P

Around the Network

Blizzard has killed any community aspect with StarCraft 2. And I was pretty hyped for it.

Everything Activision touches, dies.

Zkuq said:
Glad I'm not interested in the game. That said, I'm more than just a little worried about Diablo III... Oh well, guess I'm going to save some money then.

Indeed, I am worried about Diablo 3 as well. I wonder if Blizzard had all this planned out beforehand or if this was influenced by Activision.

The BuShA owns all!

Vertigo-X said:
Zkuq said:

Indeed, I am worried about Diablo 3 as well. I wonder if Blizzard had all this planned out beforehand or if this was influenced by Activision.

They would have to be extra retarded to remove things like chat from Diablo 3. Then again I thought they would have to be extra super retarded to remove LAN and chat from SC2 as well and that came to pass. Wouldn't be surprised if Diablo 3 gets ruined too.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

No LAN is a joke. LAN = the best online PC multiplayer experience bar none. Online multiplayer is more convenient sure but nothing can replace the local multiplayer experience. Thing is I bet Activision-Blizzard are gonna get away from this. Starcraft is like crack to millions of gamers. They will willingly bend over for Activision-Blizzard. When it comes to mega-popular games that gamers just gotta play, gaming companies can get away with making the end-user bend over. But this isn't going to work with most videogames. Personally I'm not gonna buy Starcraft II. While it may be fun for the first couple of days getting pwnd by my Starcraft veteran buddies, after that it's gonna get old and then I'm probably never gonna touch Starcraft's online again. lol. I'm just gonna wait until theres a crack out then pirate the game and play Starcraft II's singleplayer campaign to see what the game is like. I haven't bought a PC game in a year and a half and I don't think I'm going to start doing so again anytime soon. Personally I think game companies have every right to fight piracy. But punishing the consumer and eroding consumer rights is going too far.

Is there a Starcraft 2 Boycott? Maybe we should all sign up!

The BuShA owns all!