By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MCV confirms 149$ price tag for Natal

Honestly I can't see them charging this much.

Around the Network
JaggedSac said:
Did not want to create a new thread for this, so here:

Posted by CriterionGames' Twitter:

"Saw amazing Natal stuff today. Just sensational. (ran out of 80's film references today)"

So they saw someone else's work? Who is Criutrion games anywya?

Slimebeast said:
JaggedSac said:

"Saw amazing Natal stuff today. Just sensational. (ran out of 80's film references today)"

Burnout

Garnett said:
makingmusic476 said:
Nintendo managed to make the balance board the best selling peripheral of all time for $99.99. If the $149 price tag is true, maybe Microsoft thinks they'll be able to pull off a Wii Fit.

1. It cost 50% more than the Balance Board.

2. Xbox isnt known for being Family Friendly.

3.  Big 360 games wouldnt work on Balance Board like a Mario game would.

4. If this is true, then Natal is gonna fail harder than the Power Glove.

1. Your right it does cost 50%....based on a rumor...not only that they are totaly differnt things.

2. I disagree...they are atleast avrg for fams...infact if you havent noticed msft and sony for the last year or so have been doing alot of pr to get a wii-like family image.

3- Your right...hence why wii fit is a board and natal isnt.

4- How is it goning to fail? Off a rumor of a price tag? You havent even seen the final natal yet or any of the software luanch for it...I mean..come on...facts plz? Show me some hard evidence that Natal is gonna fail.

Assuming the Arcade bundle pricing is true, that means one of two things:

1. They'll still sell a standalone Arcade for $199, which means Natal will not come with all future 360s, thus relegating the device to mere peripheral status and decreasing the likelihood it'll gain mass acceptance.

2. Natal WILL be bundled with all 360s, thus elevating the 360's baseline price to $299. This fits with all the talk of a relaunch, new platform, etc., but it would remove the $199 advantage.

Either of these options seems like a bad idea. I was fairly certain they'd bundle Natal with both current SKUs and keep their prices the same. I'm still inclined to believe that is the case, given the $149/$299 prices are as of yet just a rumor.

Edit:

Of course, MCV could have the pricing details right, but the SKUs incorrect.  For example, I could see them bundling Natal with the Elite at $299 (as opposed to the Arcade), then maybe dropping the standalone Arcade to $149 (retaining its position as the stripped down, core model). 

Though this wouldn't quite fit with Microsoft's pricing strategy.  As it stands, the Elite is basically the price of an Arcade ($199) + a hard drive ($99), with a few small freebies tossed in (headset, etc.).  A Natal bundle at $299 would be throwing in a hard drive ($100), Natal ($149??), and those other freebies for only the added price of Natal ($149).  It'd be like getting the hard drive free, which I doubt Microsoft would be inclined to do.

Around the Network
Seece said:
Slimebeast said:
JaggedSac said:

Burnout

of course critirieon will say that, there game will be compatible with natal after all

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:
Seece said:
Slimebeast said:
JaggedSac said:

Burnout

of course critirieon will say that, there game will be compatible with natal after all

They wouldn't have said it if they didn't mean it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criterion_Games

Theres a wikki for em...gives a nice bit of info on em...and heck didnt realize this bit

''EA combined its Chertsey-based UK development studio and Criterion Games to a new building in central Guildford, creating a single studio that now has approximately 500 full-time developers''

So if they are impressed at whats coming then well...I'm all ears for it.

Some seem to believe Natal is something more advance the PS eye yet at the same time they think a new high tech device (as they claim natal is) would be under $100. If natal is as advance as some believe then $150 is way too cheap. It should at least cost as much as the latest graphic card around $500.

DarkisWR said:
Garnett said:
makingmusic476 said:
Nintendo managed to make the balance board the best selling peripheral of all time for $99.99. If the $149 price tag is true, maybe Microsoft thinks they'll be able to pull off a Wii Fit.

1. It cost 50% more than the Balance Board.

2. Xbox isnt known for being Family Friendly.

3.  Big 360 games wouldnt work on Balance Board like a Mario game would.

4. If this is true, then Natal is gonna fail harder than the Power Glove.

1. Your right it does cost 50%....based on a rumor...not only that they are totaly differnt things.

2. I disagree...they are atleast avrg for fams...infact if you havent noticed msft and sony for the last year or so have been doing alot of pr to get a wii-like family image.

3- Your right...hence why wii fit is a board and natal isnt.

4- How is it goning to fail? Off a rumor of a price tag? You havent even seen the final natal yet or any of the software luanch for it...I mean..come on...facts plz? Show me some hard evidence that Natal is gonna fail.

2. It doesnt matter how many ads they run, their image isnt family friendly. When my sister will go out and buy an Xbox then its family friendly.

3. Thats not what i ment, Halo wont work with Natal, Gears wont work with Natal, there are no big games to work with Natal. Its gonna flop if it cost to much.

4. I and others dont care if Natal has the best games, I dont care what the software is, i dont care what it looks like or how fun it is. Im NOT buying a accessory that cost 75% of an Xbox 360. I would rather buy an Arcade and do some System linkage than buy an Addon that im only gonna use once a month.

Fact is Natal better be no more than $80, if its anymore then its gonna flop fucking hard. The only way it will be a success is if they bundle it, but still its only gonna seperate the two Xbox fans, You have the Natal fans who want motion control then you have the normal Xbox fans who refuse to buy an Over priced Addon.