By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MCV confirms 149$ price tag for Natal

too expensive , lol natal will likely fail even if it costs 100

Around the Network
Rockyb said:
too expensive , lol natal will likely fail even if it costs 100

Doubtful. I think $89.99 would be the perfect price, just seems to me like it would be the magic number. Even $100.00 wouldn't be bad. $149.00 is gonna see low sales numbers.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

DarkisWR said:
Garnett said:
DarkisWR said:
Garnett said:
makingmusic476 said:
Nintendo managed to make the balance board the best selling peripheral of all time for $99.99. If the $149 price tag is true, maybe Microsoft thinks they'll be able to pull off a Wii Fit.

1. It cost 50% more than the Balance Board.

2. Xbox isnt known for being Family Friendly.

3.  Big 360 games wouldnt work on Balance Board like a Mario game would.

4. If this is true, then Natal is gonna fail harder than the Power Glove.

1. Your right it does cost 50%....based on a rumor...not only that they are totaly differnt things.

2. I disagree...they are atleast avrg for fams...infact if you havent noticed msft and sony for the last year or so have been doing alot of pr to get a wii-like family image.

3- Your right...hence why wii fit is a board and natal isnt.

4- How is it goning to fail? Off a rumor of a price tag? You havent even seen the final natal yet or any of the software luanch for it...I mean..come on...facts plz? Show me some hard evidence that Natal is gonna fail.

2. It doesnt matter how many ads they run, their image isnt family friendly. When my sister will go out and buy an Xbox then its family friendly.

3. Thats not what i ment, Halo wont work with Natal, Gears wont work with Natal, there are no big games to work with Natal. Its gonna flop if it cost to much.

4. I and others dont care if Natal has the best games, I dont care what the software is, i dont care what it looks like or how fun it is. Im NOT buying a accessory that cost 75% of an Xbox 360. I would rather buy an Arcade and do some System linkage than buy an Addon that im only gonna use once a month.

Fact is Natal better be no more than $80, if its anymore then its gonna flop fucking hard. The only way it will be a success is if they bundle it, but still its only gonna seperate the two Xbox fans, You have the Natal fans who want motion control then you have the normal Xbox fans who refuse to buy an Over priced Addon.

2- Thats being blind..we all know what PR can do for anyone/anythings image.

3-How do you know Halo or Gears wouldnt work? As for big names you could say Forza 3 can use natal..any fifa game...Fable..RTS...I mean come on we don't know anything till E3. I do agree it will do very poor if the price is too high...but so far last week it was natal was 90% proven by the sweds to be 200$+ now this week its 150$ and or bundled.

4- Then wtf are you here in this thread for? As far as I'm concerned your one person who ''dont care if Natal has the best games, I dont care what the software is, i dont care what it looks like or how fun it is''. Not only that how do you even know you'd use Natal once a month? I mean your clearly being biased about something you know nothing about yet* and yes I don't know much either just that it could be a great new thing*

You say natal no more than 80$ fine...but you realize sonys move is around 80-100$...and some of thier set ups for games...make you need another move constroller* 2 of the orb'd ones*...so theres 160-200$ right there.

2. Call it whatever you like but its true, people reckonize Xbox as a hardcore game system, i havent even seen a Xbox 360 AD in the US since 2008, i still see the Xbox 360 logo at the end of some games but i havent seen a real Xbox 360 commerical..

3. First of all Halo and Gears both are Hardcore games, sure they sell well but neither gonna sell as much as most mario games do. Forza 3 might work with Natal, but its not that popular. Peter Moloneux already said Fable 3 can be play with a normal controller, Natal is just ad addon for the minigames. 

4. Again you misunderstood me, I said that i dont care if Natal has the besT games with a $150 pricetag. Sure the games might be good but the $150 price tag will not sell it to the average customer, including me. Lets face it...Natal is a simple design and developers cant really do alot with it, unlike the Move and Wii Mote. This is why games will be simple and not very deep, expect them to be minigames at most, like Wii sports. These simple games are not in the "Must buy" catagory, like Halo and the new RDR, I do not want to drop $150 for the Camera, then $60 per Title.

If Natal is $80 or less then thats cool, ill buy it. Sony move is way more precise and accurate and more advanced games can be made using it,so the $80 isnt really that bad. Also the PS mote isnt supposed to be the next big thing, its another eye toy, while Natal is suppoed to "save xbox" and "extend the generation".

Garnett said:
DarkisWR said:
Garnett said:
DarkisWR said:
Garnett said:
makingmusic476 said:
Nintendo managed to make the balance board the best selling peripheral of all time for $99.99. If the $149 price tag is true, maybe Microsoft thinks they'll be able to pull off a Wii Fit.

1. It cost 50% more than the Balance Board.

2. Xbox isnt known for being Family Friendly.

3.  Big 360 games wouldnt work on Balance Board like a Mario game would.

4. If this is true, then Natal is gonna fail harder than the Power Glove.

1. Your right it does cost 50%....based on a rumor...not only that they are totaly differnt things.

2. I disagree...they are atleast avrg for fams...infact if you havent noticed msft and sony for the last year or so have been doing alot of pr to get a wii-like family image.

3- Your right...hence why wii fit is a board and natal isnt.

4- How is it goning to fail? Off a rumor of a price tag? You havent even seen the final natal yet or any of the software luanch for it...I mean..come on...facts plz? Show me some hard evidence that Natal is gonna fail.

2. It doesnt matter how many ads they run, their image isnt family friendly. When my sister will go out and buy an Xbox then its family friendly.

3. Thats not what i ment, Halo wont work with Natal, Gears wont work with Natal, there are no big games to work with Natal. Its gonna flop if it cost to much.

4. I and others dont care if Natal has the best games, I dont care what the software is, i dont care what it looks like or how fun it is. Im NOT buying a accessory that cost 75% of an Xbox 360. I would rather buy an Arcade and do some System linkage than buy an Addon that im only gonna use once a month.

Fact is Natal better be no more than $80, if its anymore then its gonna flop fucking hard. The only way it will be a success is if they bundle it, but still its only gonna seperate the two Xbox fans, You have the Natal fans who want motion control then you have the normal Xbox fans who refuse to buy an Over priced Addon.

2- Thats being blind..we all know what PR can do for anyone/anythings image.

3-How do you know Halo or Gears wouldnt work? As for big names you could say Forza 3 can use natal..any fifa game...Fable..RTS...I mean come on we don't know anything till E3. I do agree it will do very poor if the price is too high...but so far last week it was natal was 90% proven by the sweds to be 200$+ now this week its 150$ and or bundled.

4- Then wtf are you here in this thread for? As far as I'm concerned your one person who ''dont care if Natal has the best games, I dont care what the software is, i dont care what it looks like or how fun it is''. Not only that how do you even know you'd use Natal once a month? I mean your clearly being biased about something you know nothing about yet* and yes I don't know much either just that it could be a great new thing*

You say natal no more than 80$ fine...but you realize sonys move is around 80-100$...and some of thier set ups for games...make you need another move constroller* 2 of the orb'd ones*...so theres 160-200$ right there.

2. Call it whatever you like but its true, people reckonize Xbox as a hardcore game system, i havent even seen a Xbox 360 AD in the US since 2008, i still see the Xbox 360 logo at the end of some games but i havent seen a real Xbox 360 commerical..

3. First of all Halo and Gears both are Hardcore games, sure they sell well but neither gonna sell as much as most mario games do. Forza 3 might work with Natal, but its not that popular. Peter Moloneux already said Fable 3 can be play with a normal controller, Natal is just ad addon for the minigames. 

4. Again you misunderstood me, I said that i dont care if Natal has the besT games with a $150 pricetag. Sure the games might be good but the $150 price tag will not sell it to the average customer, including me. Lets face it...Natal is a simple design and developers cant really do alot with it, unlike the Move and Wii Mote. This is why games will be simple and not very deep, expect them to be minigames at most, like Wii sports. These simple games are not in the "Must buy" catagory, like Halo and the new RDR, I do not want to drop $150 for the Camera, then $60 per Title.

If Natal is $80 or less then thats cool, ill buy it. Sony move is way more precise and accurate and more advanced games can be made using it,so the $80 isnt really that bad. Also the PS mote isnt supposed to be the next big thing, its another eye toy, while Natal is suppoed to "save xbox" and "extend the generation".

2-...Really? You have cable or dirct tv etc? hell even during any major sports event...theres 360 ads....heck..even yahoo tosses out 360 ad's...

3-Yeah your right they ''might''  not sell aswell...but times are always changing...just look at what MW2 has sold so far...it use to be only a core nin game could do those numbers...or a wow expansion. Till E3 what do we know? Theres not much soo skys the limit.

4-I'm confused...almost Daily theres dev's going ''Wow''at Natal..and move...do you even know Natal can be added to say...the pc..imagine the apps...theres soo much to do....

Your right...would be very hard to drop 150$ then 60$ a pop per natal title...but do you have some info I dont for pricing? Even the best wii games go for 49$ regardless the games budget.

You forget what rebranding and bundles can do...only...and only reason sony is doing like it is now is its rebranding and pr blitz...without it.......yeah,,,sony wouldnt be very happy atm.

LOL if this gets confirmed by MS watch the Internet explode.

Around the Network

It's all speculatio once again... Unless of course Edge's source can be trusted. But no one knows yet.

Maybe when MS does reveal the price and it's at $149, then I'll start saying stuff but until then, it's all speculation.

IF Natal is a camera on its own retailing for 149 USD what will MOVE cost ?

Camera + MoveMote + Nunchuck

Cypher1980 said:

Camera + MoveMote + Nunchuck < 149 USD ?????

Natal is a camera, and infrared camera, and a pretty high end mic.

Move starter bundles will be under $100, which will include a PS Eye, a main Move controller, and a game.

Cypher1980 said:

PlayStation Move bundles announced, starter kit under $100

"the company will launch a starter pack, which includes a PlayStation Move, a PlayStation Eye and an unnamed game all for under $100."

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/10/playstation-move-bundles-announced-starter-kit-under-100/

AWWWWW!

makingmusic476 said:
Cypher1980 said:

Natal is a camera, and infrared camera, and a pretty high end mic.

Move starter bundles will be under $100, which will include a PS Eye, a main Move controller, and a game.

In that case MOVE is going to sell better than NATAL. Case closed.

There is some mileage in not needing more than one controller with NATAL but I think thats going to be a minor plus.

Basically if NATAL retails at 149 USD then MS are pulling a SONY and trying to sell a good product at a ludicrous price point.