By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MCV confirms 149$ price tag for Natal

I'd say that's good value, and guaranteed it'll come with at least one game.

Not sure what that'll do to the packed in console price. Clearly there'll be a price cut for the console without Natal, but does the 360 have enough fat in it's current pricing (and future slimming) to sell a packed in Natal for less than the current retail price? They might be able to shave $25-50 of the current Elite.

Will all 360 (Slims I assume) come with Natal auto-bundled?

Lots of questions about how MS are going to get this off the gorund.

Just like with PS3 a substantial proportion of the current user base will go out and buy themselves a slim 360, so auto-bundling Natal with slim is a good way to get a decent number of the current base into Natal.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
Garnett said:
DarkisWR said:
Garnett said:
makingmusic476 said:
Nintendo managed to make the balance board the best selling peripheral of all time for $99.99. If the $149 price tag is true, maybe Microsoft thinks they'll be able to pull off a Wii Fit.

1. It cost 50% more than the Balance Board.

2. Xbox isnt known for being Family Friendly.

3.  Big 360 games wouldnt work on Balance Board like a Mario game would.

4. If this is true, then Natal is gonna fail harder than the Power Glove.

1. Your right it does cost 50%....based on a rumor...not only that they are totaly differnt things.

2. I disagree...they are atleast avrg for fams...infact if you havent noticed msft and sony for the last year or so have been doing alot of pr to get a wii-like family image.

3- Your right...hence why wii fit is a board and natal isnt.

4- How is it goning to fail? Off a rumor of a price tag? You havent even seen the final natal yet or any of the software luanch for it...I mean..come on...facts plz? Show me some hard evidence that Natal is gonna fail.

2. It doesnt matter how many ads they run, their image isnt family friendly. When my sister will go out and buy an Xbox then its family friendly.

3. Thats not what i ment, Halo wont work with Natal, Gears wont work with Natal, there are no big games to work with Natal. Its gonna flop if it cost to much.

4. I and others dont care if Natal has the best games, I dont care what the software is, i dont care what it looks like or how fun it is. Im NOT buying a accessory that cost 75% of an Xbox 360. I would rather buy an Arcade and do some System linkage than buy an Addon that im only gonna use once a month.

Fact is Natal better be no more than $80, if its anymore then its gonna flop fucking hard. The only way it will be a success is if they bundle it, but still its only gonna seperate the two Xbox fans, You have the Natal fans who want motion control then you have the normal Xbox fans who refuse to buy an Over priced Addon.

2- Thats being blind..we all know what PR can do for anyone/anythings image.

3-How do you know Halo or Gears wouldnt work? As for big names you could say Forza 3 can use natal..any fifa game...Fable..RTS...I mean come on we don't know anything till E3. I do agree it will do very poor if the price is too high...but so far last week it was natal was 90% proven by the sweds to be 200$+ now this week its 150$ and or bundled.

4- Then wtf are you here in this thread for? As far as I'm concerned your one person who ''dont care if Natal has the best games, I dont care what the software is, i dont care what it looks like or how fun it is''. Not only that how do you even know you'd use Natal once a month? I mean your clearly being biased about something you know nothing about yet* and yes I don't know much either just that it could be a great new thing*

You say natal no more than 80$ fine...but you realize sonys move is around 80-100$...and some of thier set ups for games...make you need another move constroller* 2 of the orb'd ones*...so theres 160-200$ right there.

Mazty said:

£100 for an add on? Annnnnnd that's the end of Natal in the UK at least. The 360 is the budget HD console. To have then a pricey-as-hell accessory, well that's just retarded with a capital "Duh".

Hmmm, last time I checked, it was the accessory not a console. So much for your doom and gloom.

Anyway, MCV did NOT confirm the price-tag, they merely speculated on it, so poo on you OP for your thread title. However, if it is this price, I don't think it will sell as well as MS hopes. 

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

And another one from Criterion.

@SoftSavage If you're an Xbox 360 fan you should be excited. We were very impressed by what they showed us. MS are cool guys!

The standalone Natal price doesnt really matter. What MS wants more action on is the casual/exercise audience.

I said it in the other thread. A 360 Natal at $299 is a harder sell for MS than the Wii at $200 at first glance. With a little thought it isnt. You get far more for the money.

Let me explain.

For the person that wants something new for exercising a Wii and WiiBoard costs $300. Natal should be a better device for exercise anyway. WiiBoard only advantage is it is a scale in addition to its pressure sensing. Natal can watch the whole body and do everything else and more.

For the family a Wii with 2 complete controller setup is basically the same price. More than 2 and 360 Natal at $300 is the leader. Add in the assumption that the 360 will also come with a regular controller.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Around the Network

If this is true even if it comes with a game then there are going to be alot of limited customers

God damn if this is true ....

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

@ironman
i just copied and paste the title of the article , you can go to the source and see it

what is mcv? and why should i believe they can "confirm" something like this?

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

sepisfu said:
@ironman
i just copied and paste the title of the article , you can go to the source and see it

No need, I believe you. However you may want to make a note of it in your OP so you don't get ridiculed. 

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!