By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MCV confirms 149$ price tag for Natal

makingmusic476 said:
Nintendo managed to make the balance board the best selling peripheral of all time for $99.99. If the $149 price tag is true, maybe Microsoft thinks they'll be able to pull off a Wii Fit.

$89.99, and bundled with a game

$150 without a game is very expensive, I gope for MS's sake this isn't true

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
Nintendo managed to make the balance board the best selling peripheral of all time for $99.99. If the $149 price tag is true, maybe Microsoft thinks they'll be able to pull off a Wii Fit.

Correction. Nintendo managed to make the balance board the best selling peripheral of all time for $99.99 because it included Wii Fit and hit one of the biggest nerves in the US with fitness and dieting plans.

Wii Fit is awesome and the board is a great product, but lets face it. If Nintendo launched it without Wii Fit it would have failed miserably. If MS is going to ask $149, it MUST come with a killer application that is a must have.

Wii Sports drove Wii sales and Wii Fit did the same to the Balance Board. So far, i have seen nothing for Natal, or Move really, that sparks that type of desire.

I still see overall failure for both products. E3 will make or break it.

^I made that comment under the assumption Natal would come with a game.

And I said I think maybe Microsoft thinks it'll pull a Wii Fit.  I doubt it'll be near as successful.

IF it is true :

- it is quite expensive for a "casual" device
- it is still not expensive compared to the full Move combo if you want to play with your friend
- any Wii price cut, or Wii new peripheral, would steal Natal hype
- ALL will be about the Xbox360 game bundled with Natal (suspens)

At the end, I m quite surprise they are not pushing harder to increase their market share with a cheaper price

IF it is true ...

Time to Work !

sepisfu said:

Rumours point to higher RRP than previously thought; Final branding has been given the go ahead

MCV has been lead to believe that reports citing a $149 RRP (£103) for Microsoft’s Project Natal are accurate.

The number was reported on Edge Online this afternoon, which credtited the information to a ‘trusted source’. Edge also claims that natal will be bundled with the Xbox 360 Arcade for $299 (£207).

The numbers are far in excess of what MCV had been lead to believe late last year when we reported that the device would retail for around £50, suggesting that there has been a change of strategy at Microsoft.

In addition to all of this, CVG has it on good authority that Microsoft has now decided on the final branding for Natal, with a key retail partner having been already given the nod to get to work on POS for carrying the still secret name – which, incidentally, is set to be revealed at E3.

source

i still think it is less than 100 but even at this price point it can sell if they  provide good games and hevaily advertise it

if its going to be £207 with an arcade then that leads me to believe a price cut on the 360, i predict it will be back down to £129 with natal at £100 so buying in bundle you get saving.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

move will actually be more expensive if you want both hands 1to1, but i think all games will be playable with just move+add-on stick.

but still move is more expensive for full set up.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

I knew it what do I win???

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

they most likely sell the natal with a game to show off the technology, they can add a fitness game like wifit , what do you think?

superchunk said:
makingmusic476 said:

Correction. Nintendo managed to make the balance board the best selling peripheral of all time for $99.99 because it included Wii Fit and hit one of the biggest nerves in the US with fitness and dieting plans.

Wii Fit is awesome and the board is a great product, but lets face it. If Nintendo launched it without Wii Fit it would have failed miserably. If MS is going to ask $149, it MUST come with a killer application that is a must have.

Wii Sports drove Wii sales and Wii Fit did the same to the Balance Board. So far, i have seen nothing for Natal, or Move really, that sparks that type of desire.

I still see overall failure for both products. E3 will make or break it.

I agree

It will be all about the killer AP

Neverthless, I would like to underlign how Natal could sell a lot just because you can say "Xbox on" to put ur Xbox on "on"

It looks stupid on the paper, but I m sure plenty of "casuals" and/or teen will be amazed by it IMO

Time to Work !

makingmusic476 said:

The Balance Board was released on a system which was already selling extremely well. There's also the matter of software. Just as Nintendo has done with the touchscreen and stylus for the DS and the Wiimote + nunchuk for the Wii, they made sure that from the start there was plenty of software that appealed to all demographics.

Natal is coming out an a system whose sales are nowhere near as hot, and every attempt that MS has made so far at software that's supposed to have broader appeal(Lips, Scene It, Kameo, Banjo & Kazooie, Viva Pinata) has been an unmitigated failure on all fronts.

Consoles owned: Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PSP, DS, PS3