By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MCV confirms 149$ price tag for Natal

Cypher1980 said:
makingmusic476 said:
Cypher1980 said:
IF Natal is a camera on its own retailing for 149 USD what will MOVE cost ?

Camera + MoveMote + Nunchuck < 149 USD ?????

Natal is a camera, and infrared camera, and a pretty high end mic.

Move starter bundles will be under $100, which will include a PS Eye, a main Move controller, and a game.

In that case MOVE is going to sell better than NATAL. Case closed.

There is some mileage in not needing more than one controller with NATAL but I think thats going to be a minor plus.

Basically if NATAL retails at 149 USD then MS are pulling a SONY and trying to sell a good product at a ludicrous price point.

I'm more wondering what'll happen if the $299 price for an Arcade/Natal bundle is true, and if they'll only sell Natal bundles from that point on (which was rumored they'd do to help drive Natal adoption).

Around the Network

Oh dear.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Sony should price cut to capitalize imo.

DarkisWR said:

2-...Really? You have cable or dirct tv etc? hell even during any major sports event...theres 360 ads....heck..even yahoo tosses out 360 ad's...

3-Yeah your right they ''might''  not sell aswell...but times are always changing...just look at what MW2 has sold so far...it use to be only a core nin game could do those numbers...or a wow expansion. Till E3 what do we know? Theres not much soo skys the limit.

4-I'm confused...almost Daily theres dev's going ''Wow''at Natal..and move...do you even know Natal can be added to say...the pc..imagine the apps...theres soo much to do....

Your right...would be very hard to drop 150$ then 60$ a pop per natal title...but do you have some info I dont for pricing? Even the best wii games go for 49$ regardless the games budget.

You forget what rebranding and bundles can do...only...and only reason sony is doing like it is now is its rebranding and pr blitz...without it.......yeah,,,sony wouldnt be very happy atm.

2. I have cable and i havent seen a Xbox 360 ad (alone, not at the end of a game trailer) in the US since 2008.

3.Again you misunderstood me, i said they are not gonna sell the numbers of a Mario game.

4. Im sure Natal is cool and fun to play with for about 20 minutes, and if it does go to the PC that will be even better, but MS is supposed to focus on the Xbox. Its a "midlife kicker" for the 360, and if it cost almost as much as an Arcade then its gonna flop.

5. No i dont know the pricing yet, but im posting in a thread that does guess (or knows) how much Natal will cost.

6. The reason why Wii games are $50 is because their not HD, if they were HD they would be $60.

7.  The reason why PS3 is selling well is not because of Kevin Butler ads, its not because of modnation racers, its not because of the exclusives, its because 3 things

1. Pricecut
  2. Blu Ray player
  3. Free PSN

I'm too lazy to make my body the controller so anything higher than free is too much for me to pay. The only thing that could change my mind is if they showed some type of revolutionary mind blowing hardcore title that looked like too much fun to pass up.

Around the Network

Garnet...sony is selling doing to thier rebranding/pr.

Suck's you havent seen a ad yet guess just bad timing or something.*but then again we have the net*

I've yet to see a ps3 exclusive be a system seller...only one that could do that will be GT5.

For me to have 4 wii motes*without motion plus* and the nunchuks you realize thats over 180$ and then some with tax.

Now sony is doing thier starter bundle...100$+tax so my area that = 110$...they kindly regret to tell ya thats for 1 person....games like thier table tennis/tennis and any mutli player games...well...lets just say that could reach upto 400$..umm...yeah. Just for me and my gf to enjoy move thats 200$..imagine if your a famliy guy with kids.....natal starts looking rather nice compared to the amount of cash you'd lay down for move.

Not only that..it gets folks up and moving about...that looks rather nice instead of tossin your kids a controler and watching them plop down on the sofa and sit.

Family wise natal has alot of possablities..

kowenicki said:
It looks to me as though both sony and MS are coming in too expensive on this...

Agreed.  I have completely changed my outlook on this holiday and beyond because of these unconfirmed reports.  We'll have to see if these are legitimate or very clever, calculated bits of misinformation. 

I'm going to file this one into unconfirmed rumor until we get official word from MS in about two weeks at E3.

But if it's true, they must have something genuinely magical primed for release with Natal in the form of a must have, hardware selling killer app included in the upgrade kit. Otherwise, $150 is simply too much.

Personally, my opinion just went from "will buy on day 1 just to experiment with" to "will possibly buy if/when MS releases a Natal game I absolutely don't want to miss."

makingmusic476 said:
Cypher1980 said:
makingmusic476 said:
Cypher1980 said:
IF Natal is a camera on its own retailing for 149 USD what will MOVE cost ?

Camera + MoveMote + Nunchuck < 149 USD ?????

Natal is a camera, and infrared camera, and a pretty high end mic.

Move starter bundles will be under $100, which will include a PS Eye, a main Move controller, and a game.

In that case MOVE is going to sell better than NATAL. Case closed.

There is some mileage in not needing more than one controller with NATAL but I think thats going to be a minor plus.

Basically if NATAL retails at 149 USD then MS are pulling a SONY and trying to sell a good product at a ludicrous price point.

I'm more wondering what'll happen if the $299 price for an Arcade/Natal bundle is true, and if they'll only sell Natal bundles from that point on (which was rumored they'd do to help drive Natal adoption).

It makes less sense for MS to have too many standard SKUs on the market, but the Natal bundle is a given.

The downside of removing the $199 Arcade SKU is that it cuts out millions of potential sub $200 consumers.

It would also be a bit of an odd choice for most consumers to choose between a $299 Natal bundle with no HDD and the "Elite" with a 120GB HDD.

Not sure if that makes the 120GB HDD seem way overpriced by comparison or if it just makes the Natal kit seem more valuable instead if the $150 add on kit price is true. 

Presumably there will also be a bundle to include a HDD (maybe 250GB instead of 120GB) for an additional $100 at $399?

But this is all just speculation until MS releases the official SKU/pricing info.