By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So once "PSNPlus" is released, what will critics of Xbox Live say?

Let's pray free PSN doesn't go the way Other OS, because Internet will implode if it happens...

Around the Network

As long as online gaming stays free (not having to worry about me and more importantly my friends to pay extra / subscribe to play together online) and the relatively lag free performance stays as good as is I am just fine with a premium service being offered.

If I would subscribe or not I will look at when the time arrives. Cross-game-party-chat wouldn't be a feature I would pay for, I have my laptop and iPhone if needed (but IMO it's not), text messaging is enough for me (actually even notifications / requests I am not always fond of).

Games like the LittleBigPlanet series better demonstate why I prefer the PSN over XBox Live.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Omfg, OP is a failure, he doesn't even dare to post again xD

as everyone said the biggest criticism with live is paying to play online. i think Sony and Microsoft can do whatever they want in terms of premium services, so long as they don't gimp free users out of important online features.

dnnc said:

One major issue PS3 owners have expressed is their distaste towards the Fee Xbox 360 owners have to pay to gain access to what most agree is the best online interface. 360 owners have always replied that it's worth paying for the service that you get. So now that Sony gets ready to ad a premium to their PSN, what will the past Xbox Live Critics have to say? Will they go the way of "The Move" and say that Sony had this format for PSN way before Xbox Live was released. Will they say "It's not the same, it's different and more accurate." Should Xbox Live users remind PSN users of all their rhetoric. Or should Xbox Live users congratulate PSN users and hope them the best with their new and improved interface. 

I personally will wait for the PSN users to start expressing their response to "PSNPlus" or whatever it will be called. and hopefully we don't get any threads that read "PSNPlus is better than Xbox Live"

I know you're trying to put in one of those "inb4" comments, but alot when people post those, it's because they know they're true statements, and people try to preempt others. 

Anyway, I would say that the core elements of PSN (which are already THE SAME as XBL) will remain free, and extra things will be paid for, so it IS a more accurate implementation of online fees. *Extra* things. You understand that concept? *Extra*, in this context, means things that aren't critical to online play. Whether you have these things, whatever they may be, or not, you'll still get to play online, chat with friends, etc. for free. What, did you think something like Qore should be free?

Around the Network
Kynes said:
Let's pray free PSN doesn't go the way Other OS, because Internet will implode if it happens...

I loled, I can just imagine some responses now. "Sony has the right to take away...blah blah blah."

On topic I think at current stage you can not compare PSN + PSNPlus to XboxLive Silver Membership and Xbox Live Gold Membership.

I'm guessing "Lol, your online system sucks, it doesn't have a free hour for full retail games, access to unlimited minis and PSOne games, and cloud saving"

If PSN+ DOES have all of those things.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Yeah man PSN is still going to be free. When a Premium service is introduced I'll still be able to do everything I do now on the PSN for free. Its nothing like Xbox live which I think is bullshit that you have to pay for it. At the end of the day I won't be paying for the service and I'll still be able to play games online.

Great Xbox lives 50 euros a year yay. Cool you can leave voice messages, now I'll have voice messages left by 15 year olds calling me names and threatening me, awesome. Brilliant theres cross game chat, now I can talk to friends who are playing differant games with my headset that I hardly ever use anyway and get put off the game I'm actually playing. Wow that Avatar really looks like me, I'm so glad Microsoft added something as gay as that to Xbox live, I wouldn't know what to do without it. I'm so glad I spend 50 euros a year on this, really I am!

This is the differance between the PSN premium and Xbox live. The PSN premium is a choice, xbox live is forced upon you. What both of them have in common, both things are complete bullshit but at least Playstation allows you to play online