By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So once "PSNPlus" is released, what will critics of Xbox Live say?

Pwned by the first response, lol.

Around the Network
Laurel Aitken said:
Well, PSN will still be free, and will work like it's worked so far. PSNPlus would be just an extra service that improves the online experience. But you will still have free online... unlike the 360.

P.S. You fail

Agreed. Right now the best means of comparison have been XBL Gold to pay online vs free PSN.

The ability to play online far outweighs any other feature IMO. Main reasons people say PSN is better due to free online. Feature wise Xbox Live was always one step ahead. Last feature I have been waiting for PSN to catch up with is cross game chat.

With the new PSN+ we can now do a better comparison.

PSN+ can be compared to Xbox Live Gold.

Xbox Live Silver can be compared to standard PSN. I think PSN wins here with free online play vs no online play for silver members. I think MS should consider altering their subscription model...but they probably won't because online play is too big of an incentive to pay a subscription for many users.

We'll have to wait and see what other new features PSN+ brings to more accurately compare it to Xbox Live Gold.

PSN will still be free like other people above have said

just that it will be better now if Sony can create an awesome premiun service

if anything, if Sony can play thier cards right and offer a reasonable service with PSN+ then it will become better than XBLA

The same things I've always complained about. The ability to use voice chat when in games with people who aren't on your friend's list being the most significant one. Plus I'll still complain about xbox live being a paid service - heck, I would complain louder if nintendo pulled those shenanigans, I don't instantly praise everything Nintendo does purely based off it being Nintendo doing it

Lafiel said:
Akvod said:
What's the difference between LIVE and PSN as of now?

afaik - cross game voice chat and having several users logged in on one console at once .. is there anything else?

Is netflix same for both ? And actually is it included in Live Gold and paid on PS3? 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network
Lafiel said:
Akvod said:

afaik - cross game voice chat and having several users logged in on one console at once .. is there anything else?

Is there?

The same thing as always... PSN Plus is an option, online gaming is there for both - unlike XBL.

Zlejedi said:
Lafiel said:
Akvod said:

Is netflix same for both ? And actually is it included in Live Gold and paid on PS3?

from what I heard it's the same and of course you have to pay for it seperately on both services, but ..

afaik you can't use netflix on the 360 if you are a silver user ? (question mark, because I'm only ~60% sure)

edit: I remember hearing sth. that you need to pay an extra if you use it on 360+PC, while no extra if do it with PS3+PC , but my memory is a bit hazy there, so don't take that as confirmed ;)

HideoK said:
Laurel Aitken said:
Well, PSN will still be free, and will work like it's worked so far. PSNPlus would be just an extra service that improves the online experience. But you will still have free online... unlike the 360.

P.S. You fail

Agreed. Right now the best means of comparison have been XBL Gold to pay online vs free PSN.

The ability to play online far outweighs any other feature IMO. Main reasons people say PSN is better due to free online. Feature wise Xbox Live was always one step ahead. Last feature I have been waiting for PSN to catch up with is cross game chat.

With the new PSN+ we can now do a better comparison.

PSN+ can be compared to Xbox Live Gold.

Xbox Live Silver can be compared to standard PSN. I think PSN wins here with free online play vs no online play for silver members. I think MS should consider altering their subscription model...but they probably won't because online play is too big of an incentive to pay a subscription for many users.

We'll have to wait and see what other new features PSN+ brings to more accurately compare it to Xbox Live Gold.

Don't be dogmatic. Try to compare Live Gold to Live Silver and tell me what are you paying for. It's just for this little feature called multiplayer gaming.

Live Silver could be compared to no having internet (i concede live silver wins even if by a small margin lol)

PSN standard must be compared to Live Gold (number 1 feature is play online so psn wins because it's free)

PSN+ must be compared to Live Ultra Gold Non Plus Ultra, which at this moment doesn't exist.

lol it's not even announced yet and some are already whining about it :P AT LEAST wait till it's announced geez....

The op got pwned real fast tho, rather funny

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!