By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fire Emblem Remake announced (DS)

zarx said:
hmm strange how much support the DS is getting from Nintendo lately, Golden Sun DS, Pokemon B & W and now this. Looks like Nintendo is looking to keep the DS around for a long time to come, not really a surprise considering the userbase. I just hope they have some big titles for the 3DS launch.

anyhoo I should really pick up the first one lol.

Fire Emblem wouldn't benefit much from 3D (although 3D cutscenes would be cool) and thus the developer choose not to go directly to the new portable. I guess Nintendo is using these titles as bridge from the DS to the 3DS. I expect at least half dozen 3DS exclusives from Nintendo at E3.

Around the Network

Sweet! I hope they remake all of the Japan-only FE games!

Guh. More remakes?

I mean, all Fire Emblem is good fire emblem, but the "Nintendo-hard" elements of the original will glean through here again, probably. Granted, difficulty is part of what makes Fire Emblem so great, but not difficulty derived from 20-year-old mechanics. They toned it down a bit in Shadow Dragon, but you could definitely feel some of the arbitrary cruelty.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

It's about time, no? I mean, most people don't even know Marth comes from the first games and he's been in Melee and Brawl all this time.

*EDIT: Oh wow... A remake already came out a long time ago called Shadow Dragon and I didn't even know!! o___O

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Oh yes, FE games are the definition of strategy at its finest. Sweet !

Around the Network

So is this a remake of FE VI?

hmmmm

I may get this. Fire Emblem is a new series I can dig in to.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Khuutra said:
But I want a new Fire Emblem...!

One remake I could swallow, but two successive handheld Fire Emblem remakes is going to take its toll on me. 

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

great...now i have to buy a DS....or borrow one...mwuahahaha

radiantshadow92 said:
great...now i have to buy a DS....or borrow one...mwuahahaha

wait you want a DS for this but not the first or all the other SRPGs on the DS or did you borrow one for those/that game/s?

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!