By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If FF versus xiii goes multiplat S-E will die -i am expert on japan culture

Even though PS3 is my preferred system of the 2. I actually hope VS goes multi. It's the smart business move to do. When i see these you tube videos and such, i actually feel ashamed of being a PS3 supporter. Either buy the game on your preferred system or don't, but stop whining..

Around the Network
Xxain said:
AkibaFan said:
Xxain said:
you mean like how SE died when they betrayed Nintendo and FF7 went to PS? or like how FFXlll went Multi?

ff13 ws still excusve in jpn so it was ok. se shud make sure ff versus 13 is exclusive in jpn if the wnt to survive. ff7 nevr went multiplat, ff7 ws never confirmed only for n64, ff7 never gt a trailer saying only for n64 at the end

Do know ENIX is a huge company right? they own the second most popular Manga book Shonen Gainin and DQ, lots of other stuff to.... there is absolutely no way this company can go bankrupt... even when dumbasses at SQUARE make stupid choices. To be honest your just having a tantrum at the thought of Versus goin multi...which it will. WADA is a money hungry fool..this same man that said he wanted to turn SE into the Japanese EA

it wnt go multiplat unless they wnt to lose a whole rgion

AkibaFan said:
Xxain said:
AkibaFan said:
Xxain said:
you mean like how SE died when they betrayed Nintendo and FF7 went to PS? or like how FFXlll went Multi?

ff13 ws still excusve in jpn so it was ok. se shud make sure ff versus 13 is exclusive in jpn if the wnt to survive. ff7 nevr went multiplat, ff7 ws never confirmed only for n64, ff7 never gt a trailer saying only for n64 at the end

Do know ENIX is a huge company right? they own the second most popular Manga book Shonen Gainin and DQ, lots of other stuff to.... there is absolutely no way this company can go bankrupt... even when dumbasses at SQUARE make stupid choices. To be honest your just having a tantrum at the thought of Versus goin multi...which it will. WADA is a money hungry fool..this same man that said he wanted to turn SE into the Japanese EA

it wnt go multiplat unless they wnt to lose a whole rgion

Only in your imagination. People like you are the only people SE would lose, Good thing you guys are the minority. You need to see the light

How come you do not spell out full words?

Want the Key to Eternal Life?
read about it here:
http://www.cipherwire.net/eternal_life.html

Wii Friend Code: 7592-1692-7773-4859

*bookmarked for contender funniest thread of the year*

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
kingofwale said:
Let's say if Versus goes to xbox as well. What kind of delay will it suffer? What kind of sacrifice does it have to take in order to make both version identical?

If Versus goes to 360, it's probably been in development for awhile already, and probably won't delay the project overall or impede it's design in any meaningful way.  Like what happened with FFXIII and FFXIV.

jarrod said:
kingofwale said:
Let's say if Versus goes to xbox as well. What kind of delay will it suffer? What kind of sacrifice does it have to take in order to make both version identical?

If Versus goes to 360, it's probably been in development for awhile already, and probably won't delay the project overall or impede it's design in any meaningful way.  Like what happened with FFXIII and FFXIV.

FF XIV has been announced for 360?

Blood_Tears said:
jarrod said:
kingofwale said:

FF XIV has been announced for 360?

not officially...but its alive

FFXIII Versus has to go multiplat just to make up the lost sales of focusing on the 'HD Consoles'. Just like they did with FFXIII.

If they can make another additional million in sales by putting Versus on the 360, they should. Not to mention, Versus is most likely going to sell less than FFXIII did.  There's no benefit of keeping Versus an exclusive aside from placating a handful of PS3 fanboys. Who would buy the game anyway.

And SquareEnix isn't going to go bankrupt. They have series like Dragon Quest and Batman: Arkham Asylum to keep them afloat.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

selnor said:
Ok @ OP.

Either Japan is loyal and Americans are betrayers, or Americans are smart and Japanese are self centred morons.

Basically, the reason it would go multi is the following:

FF13 sold over 1 mill on another consoles first outing since FF7. SE cant ignore the extra sales.

Japan is no longer that important in game sales or console sales. SE have to think about the Western markets, where M$ are just as if not bigger than Sony currently. If Natal has this huge push in sales M$ wants, then Sony's console will get alot less love from Japan in the West. Simply because 360 is the king of HD.

While I don't agree with the OP, I *am* getting sick of people saying Japan is irrelevant. Well, as I've noticed, only M$ fans say that, and that's the one region the 360 is the irrelevant one. Anyway, Japan alone outsold FFXIII on the 360. I wouldn't call that irrelevant or "not important to game sales"