By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If FF versus xiii goes multiplat S-E will die -i am expert on japan culture

AkibaFan said:

I hve studied jpnese culture thoroly & i knw tht honor, trust, respect and shame are imprtant parts of it. It's not like it is in America where u can become successful easly by hving money alredy, connections, manipulatin. If you betray sum1 in Japan, you bring shame to urself & ur family, company. Ur product sales will fall, the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

You probably should have taken all that time to study grammar, spelling and typing skills instead.  Why do people insist on making their posts near unreadable?  I'm not saying posts should be perfect, but Jesus, at least try and make them readable.  At least give your posts a quick once over before pressing that post button.  I'm assuming you're posting things because you want people to read it.

Anyways, overeacting OP is overeacting.  Nothing has been announced and if it does go multiplat it would only mean more sales.

Around the Network

The only thing I say could come of this eventually, if they keep basing corporate marketing decisions around people profiling for sales I think they will continue to water the series down to the point where people loose interest. Eventually they will just do a few spin-offs and end it. Going multiplat isn't a big deal for me, as long as they don't give me a clear chop job.' This won't sell in the west', 'that won't sell in the west'... just stop already SE your starting to look very stupid.

That youtube vid and "tragic" GameFAQs post are gold!

Akibafan, you're doing a great impression of a raving fanboy. If it was your intention to parody one, bravo, you have me fooled.

And relax; nothing is confirmed yet. I've actually bet on Versus staying exclusive, not because I care either way as I hate FF, (though the meltdowns would be hilarious if it went multiplat) but because I honestly think it would've been announced by now if it was going multiplat.

This is the funniest thread i've seen since i joined this site

its full of fail that i can't even begin to describe.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

The Japanese are all into apathy now. No-one will care, even if this does happen, which totally wasn't confirmed at all by just came from a CEO who was saying that to keep investors placated.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

well isn't shame apart of the bussiness? i can see this, but i don't think it's possible. but i will make no further comments on this thread?

selnor said:
BMaker11 said:
Xxain said:
you mean like how SE died when they betrayed Nintendo and FF7 went to PS? or like how FFXlll went Multi?

You mean how like they ran into a technical wall in development on the N64, so the moved it over to the PS1 so they could actually make the game how they wanted to? Yea, the multiplatform talk of Versus is getting a little old now. We just have to wait and see at E3, but *this* that you just posted. It's just totally and completely incorrect in the context that you're trying to use it. 

"Development of Final Fantasy VII resumed in late 1995,[32] and required the efforts of approximately 120 artists and programmers, using PowerAnimator and Softimage|3D software and a budget of more than US$30 million.[43] Final Fantasy VI's co-director and scenario writer, Kitase, returned to direct and co-write Final Fantasy VII and was concerned the franchise might be left behind if it did not catch up to the 3D computer graphics used in other games at the time.[44] Production began after the making of a short, experimental tech demo called "Final Fantasy SGI" for Silicon Graphics, Inc. Onyx workstations. The demo featuredpolygon-based 3D renderings of characters from Final Fantasy VI in a real time battle.[45] This experiment led the development team to integrate these design mechanics into Final Fantasy VII. However, as a result of the high quantity of memory storage required to implement the motion data, only the CD-ROM format would be able to suit the project's needs.[32] Nintendo, for which Square had developed all previous titles in the Final Fantasy series, had decided to continue to use cartridges for its upcoming Nintendo 64 console. This eventually led to a dispute that resulted in Square ending its long, tumultuous relationship with Nintendo, and Square announced on January 12, 1996 it would be developing Final Fantasy VII for Sony's PlayStation platform.[46]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_fantasy_7#Development

Read up, and maybe you and everyone else who continually try to condescend people who want FF exclusive to a PS system can learn that it was NINTENDO'S fault that FFVII wasn't on the N64, not a betrayal of Squaresoft   

Lets face it, it would have been possible. Probably with better ingame graphcis and no load times to. After all they fit 1.17 gb of Resi 2 on a 512 cart with better 3d modelling and all the CGI. It was essentially the best version of Resi 2 at the time.

Was the technology to do that much compression available in 1994/5 when it was initially being developed? If there was, I'm sure they would have used it, but obviously they didn't see that as a viable option (if it was even available). Yea, RE2 was on there, but that also happened in 1999 and many things were cut from the final product. A whole mode of the game, if I'm not mistaken. Like, WaW on PS3/360 has Nazi Zombies and Wii version doesn't.

@Xxain

Difference here: reason FFVII wasn't on a Nintendo console - development problems. Reason FFXIII is multiplatform - M$ tossed a check at them. And it wasn't even like FFVII was announced as exclusive to the N64 for years on end. PS3 and FFXIII? Exactly.

And to everyone trying to refute me by talking about install base. MGS4. Shipped over 5M according to Konami. In 2008. Not enough install base to warrant an exclusive? Get outta here

BMaker11 said:
selnor said:
BMaker11 said:
Xxain said:
you mean like how SE died when they betrayed Nintendo and FF7 went to PS? or like how FFXlll went Multi?

You mean how like they ran into a technical wall in development on the N64, so the moved it over to the PS1 so they could actually make the game how they wanted to? Yea, the multiplatform talk of Versus is getting a little old now. We just have to wait and see at E3, but *this* that you just posted. It's just totally and completely incorrect in the context that you're trying to use it. 

"Development of Final Fantasy VII resumed in late 1995,[32] and required the efforts of approximately 120 artists and programmers, using PowerAnimator and Softimage|3D software and a budget of more than US$30 million.[43] Final Fantasy VI's co-director and scenario writer, Kitase, returned to direct and co-write Final Fantasy VII and was concerned the franchise might be left behind if it did not catch up to the 3D computer graphics used in other games at the time.[44] Production began after the making of a short, experimental tech demo called "Final Fantasy SGI" for Silicon Graphics, Inc. Onyx workstations. The demo featuredpolygon-based 3D renderings of characters from Final Fantasy VI in a real time battle.[45] This experiment led the development team to integrate these design mechanics into Final Fantasy VII. However, as a result of the high quantity of memory storage required to implement the motion data, only the CD-ROM format would be able to suit the project's needs.[32] Nintendo, for which Square had developed all previous titles in the Final Fantasy series, had decided to continue to use cartridges for its upcoming Nintendo 64 console. This eventually led to a dispute that resulted in Square ending its long, tumultuous relationship with Nintendo, and Square announced on January 12, 1996 it would be developing Final Fantasy VII for Sony's PlayStation platform.[46]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_fantasy_7#Development

Read up, and maybe you and everyone else who continually try to condescend people who want FF exclusive to a PS system can learn that it was NINTENDO'S fault that FFVII wasn't on the N64, not a betrayal of Squaresoft   

Lets face it, it would have been possible. Probably with better ingame graphcis and no load times to. After all they fit 1.17 gb of Resi 2 on a 512 cart with better 3d modelling and all the CGI. It was essentially the best version of Resi 2 at the time.

Was the technology to do that much compression available in 1994/5 when it was initially being developed? If there was, I'm sure they would have used it, but obviously they didn't see that as a viable option (if it was even available). Yea, RE2 was on there, but that also happened in 1999 and many things were cut from the final product. A whole mode of the game, if I'm not mistaken. Like, WaW on PS3/360 has Nazi Zombies and Wii version doesn't.

@Xxain

Difference here: reason FFVII wasn't on a Nintendo console - development problems. Reason FFXIII is multiplatform - M$ tossed a check at them. And it wasn't even like FFVII was announced as exclusive to the N64 for years on end. PS3 and FFXIII? Exactly.

And to everyone trying to refute me by talking about install base. MGS4. Shipped over 5M according to Konami. In 2008. Not enough install base to warrant an exclusive? Get outta here

but thats not my point... Fanboys are not gonna care "why", there are NINTENDO fanboys today that still dont forgive SE today even if it NINTENDO fault. so NINTENDO's fans it as a betrayal regardless of why... so even though you may be correct.... SE abandoned Nintendo,but did square die no. your arguing why SE abandoned Nintendo im arguing its effect on SE fanbase

badgenome said:

That's you?

i knew i had heard those words before, so now we know how akibafan looks like

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

Swordy said:
http://tiredgamer.ytmnd.com/

And you have the "tripwire" video on YouTube that showed how absurd these rants got.