By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VG Chartz, I need you...

Textbook example of easy to play but hard to put down.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

Shit, only one game... Normally it's be a tie between The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind and Half-Life 2.

I guess I'll say Half-Life 2 (notice that I'm including the Episodes as well, as I don't consider them fully different games).

The story, the atmosphere, the music, and most of all, the characters. Alyx Vance, Eli Vance, the Vortigaunts, Dr. Breen, and Barney. They are the top 5 game characters of all time, and they're all from HL2.

What really strikes me about HL2 is the story-telling. "Games" like Heavy Rain try to emulate movies. Games like HL2 realize that it is not the same medium, and the same methods don't work as well. It embraces video games for what they truly are. Not only that, but it creates a sci-fi narrative unrivaled outside of Ender's Game.

As far as I'm concerned, Half-Life 2 was the last "real" first-person shooter. Sure I think Crysis was nearly as good, but it didn't make me feel "warm and fuzzy inside".

Half-Life 2 seemed like a game that a lot of love went into. The devs poured love into it, and I poured love into it. No game has ever made me feel such raw emotion.

P.S. Alyx Vance is also uber-sexy. Just saying.

It's a really hard choice between MGS2 and MGS4 but... I love MGO, so I'll go with Metal Jizz 4.

Out of all the games that I have to choose growing up is Paper Mario. This was practically my first true adventure of gaming. Games that I've played prior to this were basically 2D games and games that restart back to the beginning of the adventure when I turned it off or gameover. But this is what brought me to sort of a 'continuous' gaming.

What I loved about this game, is the settings that take place in this game, traveling in a desert world with a sand temple with desert music made me feel like it's a real adventure in the desert. To other environments like an icy town, icy terrain, big mountain to climb, only to lead to a crystal palace where the music is scary but has that winter feeling in it. My first RPG as well, I loved the battles, I used to do some math so I can figure out when I'll finally defeat the enemy.

I know there were games that saved well on before this game released... well I started buying the N64 late... just as soon as the Gamecube launched.

Well... this was MY number 1 game.

Bah, this one is hard.

I'll just go with 

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Around the Network

Metroid Prime.

Resident Evil 4

I had never played a game so good in my entire life, save for Ocarina of Time. RE4 has it all, graphics, compelling gameplay, CHEESETASTIC dialogue, that oh shit feeling when you are surrounded by 100 zombies in a dark village and Ashley is screaming for help. The quicktime events were amazing and keep you on your toes in those awesome in-game cutscenes.

The GameCube version of RE4 simply is, the greatest game of all time.

So great, EGM gave it there 2005 Game of the Year award.

So great, I've played it over 16 times.

CGI-Quality said:
Euphoria14 said:

* gasp *

Over 3D Dot? :O

Without the wonder that is NES Zelda I would have never been given 3D Dot.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Son1x said:

Bah, this one is hard.

I'll just go with 

Yeah it was.  It was either D2 for me (Diablo 2 or Doom 2), went with Doom.  Diablo 2 a close, close second for me.

Call of Duty 4, it never gets old.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB