By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox 360 FF VERSUS XIII Under Consideration (Interview with Wada)!!

geddesmond2 said:
andremop said:

Proof?

Or else we can "safley" say whatever we feel like here, don't we?

The proff is in the game mate. Just look at half the FF fans in this thread who are saying the same thing. Most of us grew up playing FF. We know what to expect from the series. What FF13 brought was nothing like the series and if the lead artist of the game comes out and says nearly a full games worth of content was cut from the game including extended dungeons then thats enough proff for me even if he never said it was to cater for the 360 version.

So if enough people say it, it's true? What about the time people said the Earth was flat?

Around the Network
geddesmond2 said:
andremop said:
geddesmond2 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
geddesmond2 said:

Oh there you go you didn't prove the game wasn't sacrificed meaning you just admitted you don't know anything about the FF series. I rest my case.  Wow I'm so glad you showed me that trick now I just owned you lol. See how childish that is.

I didn't say you never played other games in the series. I said your first FF game was probably 10. Theres a big differance there. So go on what was your first FF game?

Unneeded attacks? Wheres the attacks?

My first FF was FF7. All I see in your post is someone who is still in the post meltdown stage from E3 2008. 

Well I asked what FF game was your first because everyone I know who started playing the series from FF7 has had nothing good to say about FF13. I was annoyed that FF 13 was announced as multiplat in 2008 just like every other FF fan at the time but I got over it quickly and said hey at least the PS3 still gets it and its gonna be awesome. 2 years later and the game wasn't awesome.

Infact everything I liked about the FF series was ripped out of game and replaced with boring. I used to sit up until 4 am playing a new FF game and I'll admit that I've shed some tears to some parts of the series but FF13 did nothing for me. I found it even a struggle to play through an hour of the game. If the game wasn't sacrificed for a 360 version then SE have really fallen off and I won't be getting FFV13 even if it is still exclusive.

But after hearing a games worth of content was cut from the game and the story offered you no sense of freedom until chapter 11. I'm gonna safley say the 360 ruined the series I truely loved all because Microsoft chose to use DVD 9 as there disk of choice and if FFV13 goes multiplat then that game is ruined aswel.

Proof?

Or else we can "safley" say whatever we feel like here, don't we?

The proff is in the game mate. Just look at half the FF fans in this thread who are saying the same thing. Most of us grew up playing FF. We know what to expect from the series. What FF13 brought was nothing like the series and if the lead artist of the game comes out and says nearly a full games worth of content was cut from the game including extended dungeons then thats enough proff for me even if he never said it was to cater for the 360 version.

Half the FF fans (more like half dozen PS3 users) are not proof of anything so like I said, no proofs then. Blame the artists for not making your dream game not the 360 version.

I hope this one stays exclusive, because this game will need much more HDDspace compared to XIII to get enough space for us (players) to move around as free as SE promised we could.
Square Enix should keep their promise and stand their ground and say something like "We need 95 Gb to keep our promise and we ain't deletting anything to break it".
So just make a 2x Double-layer-BD-game and give MS the choice to get it on bluray, on 11x Doublelayer-DVD's or laugh at them and kick them out!

I won't say it's the 360's fault that content got deleted from XIII, but if vsXIII is going multiplat (PS3 + x360) then it probably will be.

Therefor I'm going to church 2x each week to light a candle until they give us the final word about this game. :P

I just like how 360 fans talk as if FF on 360 should be a top priority when ps3 version sold nearly 3m more than 360 version, makes me scratch my head.

No surprise here, am expecting an E3 announcement

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network

hope this doesnt actualy happen

Damn you microsoft when will your reign of terror end!?? Haven't you caused enough damage already:(???

Rainbird said:
andremop said:
Rainbird said:
andremop said:
I would like to see proof that it was gimped... other than some 1 or 2 screenshots showing minor graphical differences... (that happens to every game in development)

Is there proof?

BTW... fuck, there are some elitist PS3 users posters in this thread that really makes me sick.

FF13 on the 360? Because that's easy. Or is it something else?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/tech-analysis-final-fantasy-xiii-article

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-final-fantasy-xiii-endgame-article

I'm not reading them again so this might not be totally accurate, but from what I remember, the 360 version has lower resolution (which makes for noticably worse looking hair), much lower quality pre-rendered cutscenes (horrible video compression), and some serious frame rate dropping in two main areas later in the game.

You missed my point.

What I want proof is why that the 360 version "ruined" or "gimped" the game. Not that it has some minor graphical differences.

"Readers of the original Face-Off will know that just about the only advantage of the Xbox 360 code came from the frame-rate analyses, whereby performance dips were marginally lower and engine-driven cut-scenes managed to handle higher-poly renditions of multiple characters more effectively. This advantage is actually so small that it's barely perceptible to the human eye, and completely falls by the wayside when you factor in the performance level in two later stages: chapters eight and 11 respectively.

These areas of FFXIII have somewhat unique properties that set them apart from the majority of the game's levels. Much of chapter eight is set within a crowd, pretty much the only time we ever see this sort of thing throughout the entire adventure. PlayStation 3 has some issues in some scenes, but frame-rate plummets throughout the duration of the stage on the Xbox 360 rendition.

[video]

It's an annoyance for sure, but at least the linear aspect of this part of the game is such that once it's over, you'll never need to return to it again. Chapter 11, Gran Pulse, is a completely different kettle of fish. Not only is it an important level of the basic quest, it's also the main area from which the game draws its lastability.

Even after the final stage has been defeated, Gran Pulse remains open, offering masses of additional, optional gameplay. We spent more than 20 hours there on our playthrough of the PS3 version and reckon there's probably 15-25 hours of fun to enjoy in total, depending on how quickly and effectively you figure out the fight strategies.

It's fair to say that we didn't spend anything like 20 hours on the Xbox 360 version, and from this performance analysis video you can see why.

[video]

While the corridor-style elements are pegged at the usual 30FPS, the openworld gameplay found in Gran Pulse is pretty arduous on Xbox 360. There are horribly uneven frame-rates from start to finish with only limited respite."

Jesus man, I get that the PS3 version is better! It's nothing like that my argument. I want to know why so many think that the 360 version made the PS3 version worse. Like removed towns, dungeouns... etc...

Wow, I thought I saw the worse in "sony" final fantasy fans years ago... this just tops it off. You guys amaze me.

Darth have fun with this thread! :P

oh well it was on my worst case scenario list so i guess it won't be much of a shock now...:(:( but nomura will leave for this, that is yet another good programmer SE will be losing, surely Wada will not risk that??

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1