By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo hopes to sell 5 million 3DS this year (hopefully due to the games)

Don't know if there is already a thread about this.

Nintendo expects to sell 5 million 3DS

Nintendo's upcoming 3D-enabled portable game system -- the 3DS, or whatever its called -- is going to be shown off at E3 next month. As of now we know next to nothing about it. It must be something impressive, as Nintendo expects to sell 5 million systems this fiscal year.

According to EEDAR's Jesse Divnich, Nintendo's got big plans for 3D. "While Nintendo has not formally announced a timeframe for project 3DS, their financials speak a different story. According to their expected Nintendo DS and 3DS sales (they combine both sales into one category) our estimates indicate that Nintendo is expecting the 3DS to sell 5 million units by March 2011," he said.

Divnich says that Nintendo is likely to announce that the 3DS will be available in at least two regions in November of this year. Oh, and you can expect to know its real name. That would be good.

These numbers are the same as the sales of the DS back in 2005. I don't know that gamers are as excited for the 3DS as they were for the original DS, though. Maybe we'll see something that makes it that exciting next month.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

If I have the money, I'll be buying one. TO replace my original DS which I'm still using.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Of course I'M excited!

5 million? Not impossible. If it creates a mega buzz in 3D world, it can achieves the incredible numbers the DS had last holiday.

"These numbers are the same as the sales of the DS back in 2005. I don't know that gamers are as excited for the 3DS as they were for the original DS, though. Maybe we'll see something that makes it that exciting next month."

BAHAHAHAHA

Man

Back then people didn't know what to make of the DS.

I'll contribute.

But is that a good number? I don't know... how many DS they sold in its first fiscal year?

Around the Network

Hmm...

We should see it released in the West before March 2011 then? Awesome. Simultaneous WW release this Holiday?

What matters is if they have games that sell the system that much.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

It gonna beat that easy ...

The only question for me is , there will be 3DS for everyone this holiday season? I hope it has cuz i gonna get my dont matter what ...

The main point for me its how many games , will at stores at day one , if there some mario/pokémon game its all done.

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

LordTheNightKnight said:
What matters is if they have games that sell the system that much.

Not really... they could always ask Sony how to do that without any games

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6151631.html

5 million by March 2011? I hardly think that will present any kind of challenge.