By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo hopes to sell 5 million 3DS this year (hopefully due to the games)

depends on the realease date, but if it keeps like the ds it is a little likely

Around the Network
Zlejedi said:
puffy said:
Zlejedi said:

What was the launch price for DS?

Because if it's 200$ i know i'm getting one.

If you'd read the post above yours you'd have found that answer :P

I did but that's just speculation so i was wondering what the price were on release of DS :)

You didn't read it properly then because it's in the first sentence of the third paragraph.

Ok now i see it ;)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Joelcool7 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
I dispute the DS sold without software. Just because the gaming community wasn't gaga over the launch games does not mean they weren't selling the system.

Notice I said software likely contributed. But the games themselves did not sell the hardware. The hardware sold itself with the help of some software. As you yourself pointed out the DS lacked any real good software at launch. You couldn't prove that software sold the DS anymore then I can prove that hardware alone sold it. But I can prove that hardware was a deciding factor and definatly contributed a ton to the DS's sales.

I for example bought the DS based on hardware alone. I did buy Mario64:DS soon after purchasing the DS and played it but it was the dual touch screens that had me. Infact PictoChat was a huge deciding factor for me. I didn't even buy a game launch day I just played around with the touch screen and the dual screens had me day one.

Enthusiast gamers would buy just the system, but that is not large enough to sell even 5 million of anything. And "lacked any real good software" does not mean "no games people would buy the system for".

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs