By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo hopes to sell 5 million 3DS this year (hopefully due to the games)

thats a bold prediction, especially since their not launching it worldwide all at once.

Around the Network
Kenryoku_Maxis said:
nightsurge said:
If it's a decent technology bump from the DS, can play DS games in 3D as well as new games designed for it, and has some good RPG's right out of the gate, I'm all on it!

(ok the converting DS games to 3D isn't a necessity, but it'd be cool!)

Well, it already will have two awesome RPGs right out of the game.  Dragon Quest IX and Lufia Estpolis.  They just won't be using the 3DS hardware.

What would really make me happy is a new Golden Sun and Fire Emblem!

After what the DS became, 3DS should be the hot ticket item this season. I was able to walk into a store on Black Friday 2004 and pick up a DS (that i still use to this day). This year i'm going to have to go to War if i want one under the tree, i think.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

nightsurge said:
Kenryoku_Maxis said:
nightsurge said:
If it's a decent technology bump from the DS, can play DS games in 3D as well as new games designed for it, and has some good RPG's right out of the gate, I'm all on it!

Well, it already will have two awesome RPGs right out of the game.  Dragon Quest IX and Lufia Estpolis.  They just won't be using the 3DS hardware.

Golden Sun suppose to be out sometime this year

Games4Fun said:
nightsurge said:
Kenryoku_Maxis said:
nightsurge said:

Golden Sun suppose to be out sometime this year

Yup they've already announced a new Golden Sun is in development:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdHp4o0s5Wg

As for Fire Emblem, they already released one both for Wii and DS.

Don't forget to check out Lufia Estpolis and Drago nQuest IX:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfK93K01qlY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyXMmbAQX5A

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Around the Network
Christian973 said:
All this news are just keeping me excited and hyped up for E3 than ever before. Hell i think i'll even sleep outside of gamestop the night before the release of the 3DS.

I'de love to be with yoy to share the excitment, a few quality titles on launch day will be great.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

nightsurge said:

And something tells me that converting DS games to 3D would not be that hard , the only problem is that some games would not know what if foreground and what is back ground what could result in some strange scenarios still would be cool ...

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

Actually I lied, it's not Fire Emblem. Why can't I think of the game. It was a great game on Advance... I can't think of the name for some reason but you basically could turn into a dragon later on in it's story.

If New Super Mario World 3D is a launch title it will sell 10 million.

O-D-C said:
thats a bold prediction, especially since their not launching it worldwide all at once.

How do you know that ?

And nintendo can be launching in japan and us with just a couple of Weeks difference.

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!