By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EA: Mass effect 2 sold 1.6 Million (PC + Xbox 360 sales) - poor PC sales??

I am shocked, this is one of the best RPG of the generatin, its not fair it sells like this.

Around the Network

http://www.polyphony.co.jp/english/list.html

yeah... companies never include downloads in their shipped numbers...

It would probabllt be easier to count downloads and shipped numbers together than seperating them.

letsdance said:
http://www.polyphony.co.jp/english/list.html

yeah... companies never include downloads in their shipped numbers...

They already reported 2 Million "sold" (shipped) before this.

So this IS sold. It has to be.

thelifatree said:
darthdevidem01 said:
thelifatree said:

that's what I'm saying is that maybe the article guy screwed up and it's 1.6 and 1.6 though that's a bit weird too.

That could be possible, but I really don't think it could sell that much on the PC alone.

But that would make more sense if we also look at the "6 Million for the franchise" figure that was released.

Again you'll have to look at EA"s official press release to see what they really meant.

yeah, but the thing is that 6 million for the franchise which would of meant 2+ million for PC version would ME2 really drop off that much?, but was kinda a shady website wasn't? So besides EA numbers, because they can't lie. I'm confused.

I don't know. Carl says they shipped 2 million already, they announced that. So its not 1.6 million for PC & 360 unless they shipped many more since tha announcement which I doubt as the game isn't showing encouraging legs on xbox 360.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
Euphoria14 said:
thelifatree said:
darthdevidem01 said:
lol akibafan do you like maths?

________

OUCH

1. Its overtracked

2. Sales seem even more meh now

I think shio claimed it was selling a lot on the PC. I don't think it can be overtracked by that much though

@carl

I think they are taking SOLD TO CONSUMERS as they probably know up to date NPd numbers since NPD is out tomorrow & they include digital download sales for PC.

ends Q1 ends march 31st darth I think atleast in that article...that's over a month ago

According to this site ME2 was already passed the 1.6M mark by March 31st on the 360 alone.

Numbers could still be right though if the PC version sold 0 or if this means 1.6M on 360 and 1.6M on PC.

YOU!

Your back from 3D Dot Heores land!

I'm playing Dash Race and it's driving me nuts...

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

*cough* http://investor.ea.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=441450

Once i get a better video card, this is getting owned by me at retail price for PC...the game deserves way more sales with what i hear.

darthdevidem01 said:
thelifatree said:
darthdevidem01 said:
thelifatree said:

that's what I'm saying is that maybe the article guy screwed up and it's 1.6 and 1.6 though that's a bit weird too.

That could be possible, but I really don't think it could sell that much on the PC alone.

But that would make more sense if we also look at the "6 Million for the franchise" figure that was released.

Again you'll have to look at EA"s official press release to see what they really meant.

yeah, but the thing is that 6 million for the franchise which would of meant 2+ million for PC version would ME2 really drop off that much?, but was kinda a shady website wasn't? So besides EA numbers, because they can't lie. I'm confused.

I don't know. Carl says they shipped 2 million already, they announced that. So its not 1.6 million for PC & 360 unless they shipped many more since tha announcement which I doubt as the game isn't showing encouraging legs on xbox 360.

Sorry I meant 2+ million for ME (1) thus that would make the sales match up to the 6 million mark of that one article of total franchise sales. That would mean that this game did a ton less than ME1 on PC and xbox. D:

Hmm, shitake mushrooms, oh well, still made money... albeit not near as much as thought it would, but EA will keep making this :D.

Barozi said:
*cough* http://investor.ea.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=441450

That press release is from Jan 29.

They shipped 2 Millon in its first week basically.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Only 1.6 mil. for ME2?

I thought this game would be on it's way too 3 million, and more.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.