By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What can Nintendo do at short term to improve its situation?

What can Nintendo do at short term to improve its situation?

Release a "Players Choice" lineup 24 27.91%

Secure key exclusives from 3rd parties 29 33.72%

More Price cuts 1 1.16%

Release Wii 2 - HD Pachter was right 5 5.81%

Nothing 18 20.93%

Other 9 10.47%

Total:86

Well NIntendo's forecast is one of most talked news today and for some guys like Pachter is like a party for others not so much. Anyway considering that Nintendo is probably not quite happy with this results what  can they do to improve things?

1- Player's Choice: Well for Sony the Game of the year and Greatest Hits have worked quite well, Nintendo has a similar program in japan with not so bright results.

2.- Secure key 3rd parties: The bad thing about this is that only provides a small term push and only on specific sectors, but it's what keeps the PSP alive in Japan.

3.- More Price Cuts: With the new SKu is not going to happen in America, even with pachter sying that.

4.- Wii HD- 2: Maybe next year.

I'd probably support option 1, and if that option includes games that were not released in America like Disaster and Fatal Frame better.

Around the Network

Really?? lol

No2 and 4 aren't exactly short term solutions.

Umm why? so a forcast of 2.4 billion dollars in profits isn't enough? I mean it's just a forcast.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Wow, norway's moneypaper is badass.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network
Naum said:
Umm why? so a forcast of 2.4 billion dollars in profits isn't enough? I mean it's just a forcast.

There're like 10 gloom and doom articles about this on the net at this moment (and I guess half of them are Pachter's yadda yadda)

I don't think they need to do anything.

the2bears - the indie shmup blog

If they do something ridiculous it'll likely make it worse (which still isn't bad). A la Sony PS2 -> PS3

I think they'll not do anything drastic, as if you do something abnormal it the potential to alienate your current audience... but you can gain an audience, but I think the negative outweighs the positive

whats wrong with nintendo? both of their systems are seeing normal decreases in sales as they get older. THere is no problem really.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

They achieved what they did with minor "sacrifices" (price cuts, colors, cheaper games, bundles, etc...)

Imagine the results when they really try - like the competition is doing like day one. Just the PS3 cut more than the Wii value of its price. The Xbox almost the same. They're more than fine. They're in their best shape ever!