By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What can Nintendo do at short term to improve its situation?

What can Nintendo do at short term to improve its situation?

Release a "Players Choice" lineup 24 27.91%

Secure key exclusives from 3rd parties 29 33.72%

More Price cuts 1 1.16%

Release Wii 2 - HD Pachter was right 5 5.81%

Nothing 18 20.93%

Other 9 10.47%

Total:86

"poor Nintendo there making like 5 billion instead of ten boohoo" I doubt there worried, none of those options are really viable except for the "player's choice thing" they need to support motion+ more so the games are actually accurate.

Around the Network

they're doing well, and this year it will be better, I see no problem

Ignoring knee jerk reactions from all corners of the internet would be a good short term move from Nintendo. It'll work in the long term, too.

Asriel said:
Ignoring knee jerk reactions from all corners of the internet would be a good short term move from Nintendo. It'll work in the long term, too.

LOL, well said.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

a slight decrease in profits is still a profit.

But I agree a 'players choice' series would be good considering the competition offers one and many people are cheap.

Around the Network

More 3rd party exclusives would resolve their supposedly flagging software sales, if it weren't for the fact that flagging software sales were due to the exclusion of bundled software for this term for the first time.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Software.
Intriguing software, whether it is from Nintendo or 3rd parties, it needs to show up. The Wii has more droughts than an Arizona water park.

Also, those first party titles could use a price drop to $29.99. Paying top dollar for Galaxy 1 when Galaxy 2 is around the corner is bollocks.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

What situation? Third best year Ever.

I would say the release of black Wii and Wii Sports Resort's inclusion is already their short term solution to this situation. However, if they want to reverse declining profits, it's going to have to be the launch of a new system (hence the 3DS is being released this fiscal year).

They need to release the 3DS in Q4 this year, people should be talking about Nintendo as a whole, not just the Wii.