By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What can Nintendo do at short term to improve its situation?

What can Nintendo do at short term to improve its situation?

Release a "Players Choice" lineup 24 27.91%

Secure key exclusives from 3rd parties 29 33.72%

More Price cuts 1 1.16%

Release Wii 2 - HD Pachter was right 5 5.81%

Nothing 18 20.93%

Other 9 10.47%

Total:86

Well we got our answer. Wii Party is Nintendo's next major 10+ Million seller that addresses the expanded gaming market. Previously, that was the one area they were really lacking in this year with their new "hardcore" push.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network
alfredofroylan said:
Naum said:
Umm why? so a forcast of 2.4 billion dollars in profits isn't enough? I mean it's just a forcast.

There're like 10 gloom and doom articles about this on the net at this moment (and I guess half of them are Pachter's yadda yadda)

There is always 10 gloom and doom articles on the internet. I'd be more surprised if I went a day without seeing a couple.

But I miss Player's Choice, I vote that, if they need to do anything that is.

More first party developers with a great variety of genres, that's all.

They don't need to do anything imo. Despite the slight drop in profit it was still their 3rd most profitable year since records began according to MCV. Hardly a disaster lol.

And weren't their lost profits due to lost Wii momentum over most of the year, which NSMBWii recovered?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

seriously?

How much profit did Microsoft or Sony's gaming divisions make this year? How much this generation? Why would anyone even ask something this silly about Nintendo?

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

The problem that Nintendo is having right now is that it is being measured not against an objective standard but rather against its own previous, phenomenal success.

Its handheld system is mature and the suddenly lower ratio of software to hardware may be the result of (1) buyers getting it for one or two games and (2) replacement buys for broken systems.

Its console system is using old tech -- but it is also being imitated by its competition. And it has already sold close to 3x its predecessor and pre-launch predictions of its potential.

Nintendo has survived while many of its other competitors have vanished (e.g., Atari, Sega, NEC, NeoGeo, 3DO, Bandai) by taking a long-term perspective.

And ironically, didn't at least one Japanese analyst say Nintendo was low-balling its sales prediction estimates.

Mike from Morgantown

PS -- As for the OP: Players' Choice.

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Print more money.

Seriously, they're doing 100x better than any other gaming company. And once Mario Galaxy is released and the profits come in from the Black Wii bundles, their profits will go up even more.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Nick said:
seriously?

How much profit did Microsoft or Sony's gaming divisions make this year? How much this generation? Why would anyone even ask something this silly about Nintendo?

When you cannot face reality, you ignore facts.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs