By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII Rant

I hope Versus XIII isn't linear, and atleast more open to the point that you can walk around..

mM
Around the Network

The majority of you agreeing or partially agreeing with me gives me hope.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Snesboy said:
Ben, on facebook, you said that your girlfriend was making you quit videogames or something. Or that you were getting too old for them. And then you post a rant on FFXIII? I am getting mixed messages.

Oiy, when I said I sold my 360 and that I didn't have time to play games  about a month ago because of school? I don't recall ever saying anything about my girlfriend making me quit gaming... and I really don't appreciate you going off-topic like that and mentioning stuff about my personal life. You will find that I have removed you as friend from facebook. I should have done it a while back honestly. I always found it strange that you called me hatmoza on facebook and Ben on VGC. 

oh and just refer to me as hatmoza on VGC from now on ;) K, thanks.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Oddly, i also agree with you, just finished up FFXIII recently and i have to say, the end result, considering this game took 5 years to create, is a very poor quality title in general, not just as far as FF games go, as for as games go overall.

Hated damn near all the characters except Cid and Snow. one other dude to, yaang or something.

Battle system was simple almost felt like it was mocking me half the time due to its switch here to and now here to beat this bad person.

And lastly it just wasn't fun, in the end i actually enjoyed FFXII more then FFXIII because of these end flaws, fighting Cid and entering Pulse were the only saving graces of this game. everything else? less then stellar, if that. all in my opinion of course.

I'm probably the only one who thinks the game gets worse in the 11th chapter ?
I mean I like grinding and all, but you're soo underpowered at the beginning of the chapter. Many of the slightly bigger enemies can kill you with one hit and you basically have no choice but to grind for several hours.

Chapters 4-10 are pure win.

Around the Network
Barozi said:
I mean I like grinding and all, but you're soo underpowered at the beginning of the chapter. Many of the slightly bigger enemies can kill you with one hit and you basically have no choice but to grind for several hours.

the whole game sucks. but i agree 11 sucks as well. since i hate the battle system grinding and doing missions is so damn tedious and boring.

yeeep, this game was a great let down to me also!

leo-j said:
I hope Versus XIII isn't linear, and atleast more open to the point that you can walk around..

Nomura saids there is airships you can use, and a world map.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I recently got this game because I saw that the store that was selling it was having a sale.

I planned to try it after having finished FFVI to continue trying out the JRPG genre for the first time.

And this is what I find when I get home :(

Comparing the games once I have played them will be interresting though.

Do you think I will be shocked jumping from FFVI to FFXIII?

I LOVE ICELAND!

Barozi said:

I think every chptr is pure win xcpt 10. but i agree chp 11 is worse as it hs less story.

@hatmoza

too bad the real world disagrees, luking at ff13's legs for the past 3 weeks.