By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII Rant

KungKras said:
I recently got this game because I saw that the store that was selling it was having a sale.

I planned to try it after having finished FFVI to continue trying out the JRPG genre for the first time.

And this is what I find when I get home :(

Comparing the games once I have played them will be interresting though.

Do you think I will be shocked jumping from FFVI to FFXIII?

Every FF after FF7 hs a vocal group of ppl hating it, dnt let haters turn u down, my othr favorite FF , FF8 gets hated on as much as this, bt i knw ppl who love ff8, far more thn those who hate it, same with ff13 & even ff12.

Besides FF13 was voted vgchartz 5th best game of the generation 2 weeks ago.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=106579

This thred hs been overrun with haters.

Around the Network
AkibaFan said:
Barozi said:
I'm probably the only one who thinks the game gets worse in the 11th chapter ?
I mean I like grinding and all, but you're soo underpowered at the beginning of the chapter. Many of the slightly bigger enemies can kill you with one hit and you basically have no choice but to grind for several hours.

Chapters 4-10 are pure win.

I think every chptr is pure win xcpt 10. but i agree chp 11 is worse as it hs less story.

@hatmoza

too bad the real world disagrees, luking at ff13's legs for the past 3 weeks.

....? ppl are dissapointed are in the game AFTER they bought it, Whats does FF sales mean just because you buy a game doesn't mean you cant be disspointed it. Hell thats how you figure out in disspointed in it... by your knowledge every game would have a A

Xxain said:
AkibaFan said:
Barozi said:
I mean I like grinding and all, but you're soo underpowered at the beginning of the chapter. Many of the slightly bigger enemies can kill you with one hit and you basically have no choice but to grind for several hours.

I think every chptr is pure win xcpt 10. but i agree chp 11 is worse as it hs less story.

@hatmoza

....? ppl are dissapointed are in the game AFTER they bought it, Whats does FF sales mean just because you buy a game doesn't mean you cant be disspointed it. Hell thats how you figure out in disspointed in it... by your knowledge every game would have a A

I sed legs now, the sales in NA & EU have gone up over previus week & the holds r luking really gud. If it was @hated@ the game wud continu to drop & drop bt it hsnt. Sum ppl her make it out like the game is a POS, if it ws agen sales wudn't stabilise so high. Chck its sales page (PS3 version). Like i sed before most ppl are loving it in the west, but its the most hated FF & a flop in Japan.

AkibaFan said:
Xxain said:
AkibaFan said:
Barozi said:

@hatmoza

I sed legs now, the sales in NA & EU have gone up over previus week & the holds r luking really gud. If it was @hated@ the game wud continu to drop & drop bt it hsnt. Sum ppl her make it out like the game is a POS, if it ws agen sales wudn't stabilise so high. Chck its sales page (PS3 version). Like i sed before most ppl are loving it in the west, but its the most hated FF & a flop in Japan.

Wrong absolute Wrong. Sales DO NOT EQUAL OR MEASURE QUALITY!!!! onde again by your knowledge Shadow of The colossus would have 10mil+ because you its sells should of steadily rose. Its complete BS dude.

Xxain said:
AkibaFan said:
Xxain said:
AkibaFan said:
Barozi said:

@hatmoza

Wrong absolute Wrong. Sales DO NOT EQUAL OR MEASURE QUALITY!!!! onde again by your knowledge Shadow of The colossus would have 10mil+ because you its sells should of steadily rose. Its complete BS dude.

yes they do upto a certain extent. they show a massive group of gamers like them. Every game tht sells so high is liked by massive groups of ppl, wethr its best game evr is subjective. but if  agame sells so much & shws legs (like FFXIII is nw in west) thn its being liked. I replied to hatmoza's post where he sed "majority agree with me". If majority agreed wth him, FF13 wud be the "tomb raider angel of darkness" or "ET" or "sonic after the gud ones" in th series & tank after week 1 & hve tons of unsold shipped copies. Whch it isnt doing. I'm nt saying sales = quality. i'm saying sales do equal = people liking it. Stop hyperventlating & calm dwn dude.

Around the Network
AkibaFan said:
Xxain said:
AkibaFan said:
Xxain said:
AkibaFan said:
Barozi said:

@hatmoza

yes they do upto a certain extent. they show a massive group of gamers like them. Every game tht sells so high is liked by massive groups of ppl, wethr its best game evr is subjective. but if  agame sells so much & shws legs (like FFXIII is nw in west) thn its being liked. I replied to hatmoza's post where he sed "majority agree with me". If majority agreed wth him, FF13 wud be the "tomb raider angel of darkness" or "ET" or "sonic after the gud ones" in th series & tank after week 1 & hve tons of unsold shipped copies. Whch it isnt doing. I'm nt saying sales = quality. i'm saying sales do equal = people liking it. Stop hyperventlating & calm dwn dude.

ppl are buying FF because there long times fans of the series. Thats whateverybody does. you must understand you play the game to have a view( good or negative) judt buying doesn't mean anything!. Listen using Sales to prove quality is not good choice... I dont care about ur view vs theres, im commenting on the fact thag there are so many games that disprove your theory

Xxain said:
AkibaFan said:
Xxain said:
AkibaFan said:
Xxain said:
AkibaFan said:
Barozi said:

@hatmoza

ppl are buying FF because there long times fans of the series. Thats whateverybody does. you must understand you play the game to have a view( good or negative) judt buying doesn't mean anything!. Listen using Sales to prove quality is not good choice... I dont care about ur view vs theres, im commenting on the fact thag there are so many games that disprove your theory

all i sed ws tht if a game continues to b selling so much, thn it IS BEING LIKED.

othrwiese franchises that have crappy iterations tankin sales, we hve seen this with sonic, tomb raide r& crash bandicoot. If FF13 is so terrible why is it going to outsell evry ff excpt 7 (possibly 10) in th west if its sales continue (taking into account declins). If FF13 ws so hated & disappointing sales wud tank like they did for the first horrible gams in th tomb raider, sonic & crash bandicoot frnchise. I knw u hate FF13, but dnt let it blind u tht ppl are also liking it.

Geesh AkibaFan, if you're mad that I left you out with my little comment about people agreeing with me, I will give you a mention:

Thank you Akiba. Although I completely disagree and have sore eyes from the tremendous amount of spell errors in your posts, I respect your opinion. I am also glad that you are standing up for the game because you are a clear example of SE's new audience that I mentioned in the OP.

Don't take it personal that people are disappointed in this game. You have to remember that most of them are followers of the series. We are not "hating", we are simply disappointed.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Amen.

AkibaFan said:
Xxain said:
AkibaFan said:
Xxain said:
AkibaFan said:
Xxain said:
AkibaFan said:
Barozi said:

@hatmoza

all i sed ws tht if a game continues to b selling so much, thn it IS BEING LIKED.

othrwiese franchises that have crappy iterations tankin sales, we hve seen this with sonic, tomb raide r& crash bandicoot. If FF13 is so terrible why is it going to outsell evry ff excpt 7 (possibly 10) in th west if its sales continue (taking into account declins). If FF13 ws so hated & disappointing sales wud tank like they did for the first horrible gams in th tomb raider, sonic & crash bandicoot frnchise. I knw u hate FF13, but dnt let it blind u tht ppl are also liking it.

you cannot like a game BEFORE YOU PLAY IT!!!!!!! IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!! you can use acquired knowledge from past installmennts to help motivate or hype urself up but you do not truly know if you will like a game before you play it. Hell GTA4 and Modern Warefare 2 have 10mill plus but  there are ppl who hated or were dissapointed in it