By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo Reach Beta is Fail

its hard for people to understand why classes, perks and unbalanced weapons are the worst thing to ever hit a game when you're playing it competetively. "Oh but it adds depth and more tactics" Bullshit!

Around the Network

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

STEKSTAV said:
its hard for people to understand why classes, perks and unbalanced weapons are the worst thing to ever hit a game when you're playing it competetively. "Oh but it adds depth and more tactics" Bullshit!

give me your gamer tag. I'll look up your stats and tell you what your doing wrong.  Cause there is a rediculous amount of strategy added and it sounds like you just can't adapt to the game. 

themanwithnoname said:
1337 Gamer said:
I finally played it and agree with you its terrible. This is going to be a halo thats made for people who didnt like the other halo Multiplayer games. its a very very dumbed down version of halo. Honestly it feels like Starwars battlefront meets Call of Duty.

Please do explain how it's dumbed down.

Well for one im not a fan of the perks in any way. Sprint and jetpack are ok but the other ones are just stupid and are way over used.

2. The Assault rifle kicks ASS! combined with the right perk its just as deadly as any power weapon. Makes it rather pointless to try and get them.

3. The whole game has devolved to a huge fest where everyone either hides and trys to attack you from behind or they all run to the middle and throw nadess.

4. The game just lacks that competitive feel that both  halo 2 and 3 had. Both required alot more strategy than reach does.

Just my 2 cents. Im a halo purist who loved to play competitively. Reach reminds me of a cross between Call of Duty and Starwars battlefront. Its not a terrible game but it is not Halo either.

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

1337 Gamer said:
themanwithnoname said:
1337 Gamer said:
I finally played it and agree with you its terrible. This is going to be a halo thats made for people who didnt like the other halo Multiplayer games. its a very very dumbed down version of halo. Honestly it feels like Starwars battlefront meets Call of Duty.

Please do explain how it's dumbed down.

Well for one im not a fan of the perks in any way. Sprint and jetpack are ok but the other ones are just stupid and are way over used.

2. The Assault rifle kicks ASS! combined with the right perk its just as deadly as any power weapon. Makes it rather pointless to try and get them.

3. The whole game has devolved to a huge fest where everyone either hides and trys to attack you from behind or they all run to the middle and throw nadess.

4. The game just lacks that competitive feel that both  halo 2 and 3 had. Both required alot more strategy than reach does.

Just my 2 cents. Im a halo purist who loved to play competitively. Reach reminds me of a cross between Call of Duty and Starwars battlefront. Its not a terrible game but it is not Halo either.

/agreed....stalker and armor lock imo need to go...the game would be like 50% better

Around the Network

Just wanted to say that Invasion and Invasion Slayer are not what I expected.

My problem with Invasion is not how people play, but it's mostly how the gametype has been made. The spawn points when you're invading as the Elites are just too fricking far away from the objectives IMO. Also, there's one where you'll sometimes get hit because you're dropping from too far up. That means your shield drops, and when the other team knows what they're doing, you're pretty much dead right away (the first time you never expect it, but hey, there's always a first to everything). Also... that Scorpion tank right at the exit of the Spartan base when you have the generator... Oh, and that guy with a shotgun waiting at the place where you have to drop the generator... Wtf! Some guys just like to abuse cheap shots I guess. Though I must say I like how it's all tense when you need to get the generator from the base. If the other team have good players, it'll probably be the most exciting moment in the whole game! There's carnage everywhere, haha!

For Invasion Slayer... I mean... If you want campers, you'll find them. If you want a full team of Elites going at you using Stalker + Beam Sword during close quarters encounters, you'll find them. Oh... and that damn stalker armor ability gets old really fast. I really hate how it's so easy to get kills with Elites that have it because of the sword. Spartans get shotgun + armor lock at one point, but it's just not the same thing at all. Also, if you want teammates not having a clue that you need to get to the reinforcement areas to have the advantage, you'll find them. Speaking of reinforcements, the vehicles just don't last long at all. I mean, there are people spamming grenades everywhere in the map when a vehicle comes around it's not even funny. One last thing, the spawn points are weird. It should automatically select the closest one to a reinforcement area or one that doesn't have any enemies lurking around it. Sometimes, you just spawn and bam!, there are three people waiting for you! I guess I should move the camera and check myself if there are any enemies waiting, but I'm lazy, lulz.

Overall, I guess I'll give the gametype some time. I know the mode is new and all, but man... I didn't die so much from cheap shots in a LONG time! And I like all the other modes in Reach (OK, maybe not SWAT but that's about it).

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

homicidaIpanda said:
mirgro said:
Mendicate Bias said:
mirgro said:
FranTic91 said:
mirgro said:
Finals have been getting in my way to play much, but it seems like a fun game to be played.

However I can't agree with your 'it takes no skill" argument,since Halo games have NEVER taken a lot of skill. They are noobish games plain and simple. They are fun and and great locally and take it for what it is, but if you want to measure your mettle go play UT or Quake. Even CS took more skill than Halo1 and CS was usually laughed at as the game noobs play.

Get 'im Selnor

Anyonewho says otherwise either has notplayed UT and Quake and CS, or they just sucked at it and tried to make themselves feel better by "pwning" in Halo CE, then tried to convince others it actually took skill.

Ignorant people are funny.

Your wrong in so many different ways I can't help but chuckle.

You seem liek those skilless noobs who just couldn't handle UT and Quake. I am sorry, but absolutely everything you have to do in Halo you have to do in UT and Quake, plus have it twice as fast, plus have twice as much mobility. That right there is the definition of a superior skill-based game. I am sorry you weren't cut out for the best, no teveryone else is, at least you have Halo to keep you company.

I agree have coming from the consoles after play xbl since its launch, and playing  STRICTLY pc for the last 6months playing css, starcraft1+2,

and l4d2 etc (used to play wow and starcraft back in 07 for a year but on a laptop which broke and now have a gaming rig! ) I basically have

gotten my ass handed to me on the pc (only on css and starcraft). But the thing is I still come back for more, cause I see the improvements I am

making, last month getting own by (insert css or sc name here) now I am beating him. But there is always someone better that still owns me

and I was asking for tips to get better. That why I like playing fps/rts competeivly cause I know when I am better then somone your going to

beat them 9/10 on pc. I play l4d2 and team fortress for when I just want to chill and relax but Ill jump into room have those games that get

pretty competive also, but those games are easyiar to pick up on then css or sc. @ MIRGRO even people on css said that css takes skill but not

as much as Quake or UT ...what specific quake or UT are they talking about and are they still played today, kinda of want to pick them up?

Quakelive is free.  Play that for a month and you will do well in all other FPSs.

mirgro said:
Mendicate Bias said:
mirgro said:

Anyonewho says otherwise either has notplayed UT and Quake and CS, or they just sucked at it and tried to make themselves feel better by "pwning" in Halo CE, then tried to convince others it actually took skill.

Ignorant people are funny.

Your wrong in so many different ways I can't help but chuckle.

You seem liek those skilless noobs who just couldn't handle UT and Quake. I am sorry, but absolutely everything you have to do in Halo you have to do in UT and Quake, plus have it twice as fast, plus have twice as much mobility. That right there is the definition of a superior skill-based game. I am sorry you weren't cut out for the best, no teveryone else is, at least you have Halo to keep you company.

I'm replying late due to a combination of finals and torn acl that has kept me from getting on but your statement shows how bad you must be at fps games.

UT, Quake, Counter Strike and Halo all take skill. If they didn't then you would see random teams winning every single MLG event. What you wouldn't see are dynasties and teams that are complete powerhouses and can go entire tournaments without dropping a single game. Each game has specific areas that require skill, just cause you move faster does not equal higher skill. In fact that statement shows exactly how much of a scrub you are at first person shooters. 

If you think Halo takes no skill why don't you grab a few buddies and go to an MLG nationals and win yourself a hundred thousand dollars? You don't because your bad at the game and your so ignorant that you blame it on the game itself. You don't understand that in Halo the depth of playing is far more than simply jumping and timing power ups. 

F1, Nascar and rally racing are completely different forms of racing, but if you say that rally racing takes less skill because you don't drive as fast as F1 races then you show your ignorance to any true racing fan. Well your doing the same thing with shooters. Go against any pro Halo team and you will get destroyed so bad you would never dare to say Halo takes no skill. Heck play my team and I'll make you eat your words.

The best part is I've seen professional pc shooters that admit that Halo takes skill because their smart enough to understand that the depth a shooter takes goes beyond what can be seen by an elitist amateur who can't compete but likes to act like he can.

All you did was show that you clearly don't have the capacity to understand what makes a game take skill and in doing so have invalidated anything you ever say about skill in video games. Theres a reason that the biggest game circuit in America if not the world is MLG and the flagship title is Halo 3. Show up to an MLG tournament and get top 30, heck get top 60 and you have a point. Until then keep your baseless and laughable opinions to yourself.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

I don't have a 360, but the justin tv live feeds looked like fun, and the extra classes seemed like a good move to keep Halo fresh, throw in a few new tacs into the old mix that works so well.

Looked frantic and fun, and not much balancing issues. Maybe the DMR is a bit OP? But that's kinda the point of that gun I guess.

After playing Halo 3 it was too like Halo 2 for me to get into it. As much as I loved Halo 2 and the amount of time I spent playing it. Reach looks well good enough to pick up, if I had a 360.

mirgro said:
Finals have been getting in my way to play much, but it seems like a fun game to be played.

However I can't agree with your 'it takes no skill" argument,since Halo games have NEVER taken a lot of skill. They are noobish games plain and simple. They are fun and and great locally and take it for what it is, but if you want to measure your mettle go play UT or Quake. Even CS took more skill than Halo1 and CS was usually laughed at as the game noobs play.

Wrong.  I was one of the top Q3Arena players out there and I don't "pwn" in Halo. I seriously doubt you've played Halo 3 cause if you have you'd know that if you arent elite with the BR then you are done. Same with Reach. The DMR is a gun that takes alot of skill and now with the armor abilities I feel there are more varied tactics to win. Once the pros get the hang of this game is gonna be crazy. Luckily we start on an even playing field so hopefully I'll be good at this one.

I never played Halo 2 online so I was way behind when 3 came out since the games were very similar.