By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PLAYSTATION MOVE issue?

lol natal is a copy of eye toy. ps move is a copy of wii mote and the wii is just a game cube rip of lol

Around the Network

So, it's the GC fault that we have this argument in the first place!

People keep saying that Sony had the motion tech before Nintendo and MS but actually no one knows if this is true. The reason I say this is because I have seen a clip of MS doing motion on a green screen PC which had to be in the late 80's.

The thing is, all of these companies have research departments and a lot of the stuff that goes on there we never see. The only difference is who can bring that tech to the market first. Nintendo showed MS and Sony that there is a huge market for what both companies where researching. No one will never know if Sony or MS would have ever pulled the trigger but what we do know that without Nintendo, neither Sony or MS knew how strong that market is.

So to answer the question, Yes Sony and MS is copying Nintendo, Sony more than MS since Sony is playing it very safe with their design and functionality.

It's totally irrelavent what the Nintendo fanboys or the haters say about Move.

All that matters is what the general buying public has to say.

In that regard Sony may indeed have a problem with the optics.

If people look at Move and go 'been there, done that' then it'll be a complete flop. The fact that it's now in HD will not sway a significant number of people from purchasing a Wii.

If they can show it doing stuff the Wii could only dream about (and Natal can't do) then they'll catch the public's imagination.

Gamerace said:
It's totally irrelavent what the Nintendo fanboys or the haters say about Move.

All that matters is what the general buying public has to say.

In that regard Sony may indeed have a problem with the optics.

If people look at Move and go 'been there, done that' then it'll be a complete flop. The fact that it's now in HD will not sway a significant number of people from purchasing a Wii.

If they can show it doing stuff the Wii could only dream about (and Natal can't do) then they'll catch the public's imagination.

With a nunchuk knock off that doesn't have any sort of motion sensing, it is the PS Move set that can only dream about stuff that wiimote and nunchuk can do.

Around the Network

of course its a rip off ,even down to the nunchuck. but what im more worried about is the awfull games that theyve shown so far for move nothing good about any of them.

Sony is copying NIntendo. Plan and simple. Why else make it look very much like the Wii remote in many ways? As far as Sony having the tech in 2004... Nintendo was working with motion controllers all the way back in the 80's.

IN fact let me give some of you a history lesson. We had motion controllers all the way back in the days of the 2600. They are nothing new. Out of all the design choices in the world though, Sony decided to make it look like the Wii remote.

What I find funny is how Sony fanboys spent years talking about how motion controls were garbage but the instant Sony announces them they are suddenly not only okay but vastly superior. If Nintendo did it the same people who say it isnt copying would have a completely different opinion.

If Nintendo showed off the 3DS and it was nothing but a copy of the PSP with dual analog I wonder how much some of your opinions would change

Sony is in a dangerous positionw/ Move. If the public sees it as nothing more than a Wii wannabe it will be a very big flop. Sony also has to deal with its own loyal fanbase that has rejected the idea of motion controls for going on 4 years now.

It does seem fishy that MC were gimmicks and fads up until about June 2009 when they became the future.

All I know is if Sony and/or M$ are serious about this endeavor they are going to have to really show something more than the lame games and tech demos they've shown thus far. Better tech doesn't mean shit if all it is is better tech lol.

Wii has the motion control realm on lock. Much like Activision w/ war games. It'd be like comparing battlefield or medal of honor to MW. They may be better games, have better graphics etc. but the public knows the name cod and all others are just 'knock offs'.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

I think if they bring the good software it wont be considered a knock-off. Otherwise they are the sucky imitator. I can see them and 3rd parties expanding upon WSR stuff into full games such as a sword fighting game like way of the samurai and busido blade or better RTS which is great for people like me. I do understand that my taste in no way reflect the majority.

I don't know if they can make games that are quite as arcade like and accessible as the Wii series though. 3rd parties have consistently shown they can't offer it if their Wii titles are any indication. This is the market Sony really needs to sell the device to sadly.

Arius Dion said:
Sony is in a dangerous positionw/ Move. If the public sees it as nothing more than a Wii wannabe it will be a very big flop. Sony also has to deal with its own loyal fanbase that has rejected the idea of motion controls for going on 4 years now.

It does seem fishy that MC were gimmicks and fads up until about June 2009 when they became the future.

All I know is if Sony and/or M$ are serious about this endeavor they are going to have to really show something more than the lame games and tech demos they've shown thus far. Better tech doesn't mean shit if all it is is better tech lol.

Wii has the motion control realm on lock. Much like Activision w/ war games. It'd be like comparing battlefield or medal of honor to MW. They may be better games, have better graphics etc. but the public knows the name cod and all others are just 'knock offs'.

It is seen like that by majority of people. Even the ones that seek daily for gaming news, let alone gamers that just buy games occasionally and play them.