By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PLAYSTATION MOVE issue?

Sony is copying Nintendo.

And they're doing it much more this gen then they did back in the N64 days. Deal with it.

At least we're going to have a glimpse how the Wii would be in HD, which will never happen by Nintendo's hands.

Around the Network

if a copy was made then the copiers should give some sort of shoutout to the ones they copied it off, if im correct Sony clearly did that.

I don't see the problem in copying it.. if it becomes a better product then the industry will grow right? we all benefit?

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

I think the people who are screaming are more likely to be jealous/afraid of it becoming a superior product then actually being angry at Sony for copying.

Then again, the amount of threads at these times have showed me that despite what has been said for ages.. the most fans on this site are not on the PS3 side.. lol

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

If Move takes off this won't be a problem. By "Take off" I mean appeal to a broad customer base and by definition a customer base that doesn't care about this aspect of Move.

It may be a problem with a few diehards, but just as with the success of the Wii their view isn't going to matter much.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

it goes both ways, that how this market works, while they managed to bring something new and competition heads up it's good for the consumer.

it forces them to drop prices, and do better job to compete.

Around the Network
Ps3Assassin said:

is anybody gonna look past this whole "sony is copying nintendo" thing and actually try to enjoy the playstation move. its kind of repetitive and annoying when people say that sony is copying nintendo. do they know how much innovating sony did ever since they entered the videogame business. in my opinion i dont think its fair to sony that people look at the whole stupid sony is copying nintendo thing than look at the quality of the playstation move. just wanted to say what i thought

Unfortuneatly not. People are too comfortable with the idea that playstation move is a copy, because thats what their first impression was. People are not willing to change their mind about the peripheral's originality, even though in truth the product has been in the making since 2004 and a patent for a "wand" controller was made in 2005, a few months before the announcement of the wii.

Sony didn't copy. They were just late. Same with microsoft. They didn't copy the eyetoy. They just bought the company (or the product) that made natal. 

I don't think copy is the right word to describe this motion control trend. I think follow is a more suited word to describe this. Motion is just a method for the experience. Just like hd, 3d, online, etc. So the powerglove argument is inexcusable.

WheelStriker said:
Ps3Assassin said:

is anybody gonna look past this whole "sony is copying nintendo" thing and actually try to enjoy the playstation move. its kind of repetitive and annoying when people say that sony is copying nintendo. do they know how much innovating sony did ever since they entered the videogame business. in my opinion i dont think its fair to sony that people look at the whole stupid sony is copying nintendo thing than look at the quality of the playstation move. just wanted to say what i thought

Unfortuneatly not. People are too comfortable with the idea that playstation move is a copy, because thats what their first impression was. People are not willing to change their mind about the peripheral's originality, even though in truth the product has been in the making since 2004 and a patent for a "wand" controller was made in 2005, a few months before the announcement of the wii. Sony didn't copy. They were just late. Same with microsoft. They didn't copy the eyetoy. They just bought the company (or the product) that made natal.

I don't think copy is the right word to describe this motion control trend. I think follow is a more suited word to describe this. Motion is just a method for the experience. Just like hd, 3d, online, etc. 

What they had since 2004 was a light being tracked by eye toy camera, not a full motion controller like the Wiimote, which got blatantly copied, but people will slowly leave the denial phase.

Move is a copy of the wiimote, it's obvious and theres no need to denying that, but the point is another. Soon ps3 users will be abe to use motion control and when I'll see some good game come out for it, I will buy it and enjoy it. Even the analog stick was for implemented on N64 pad, but now we can use it on each console, also because of this Nintendo and Microsoft will be pushed further to create something new.....I only see benefits for gamers from this Move.

Rpruett said:
stof said:
I imagine lots of people will enjoy the playstation move. As a refinement and improvement over the technology in the Wii, why wouldn't people like it?

I don't see what that has to do with Sony's shameless copying of Nintendo.

Nintendo copied technology from Sony....Sony copied the formula of success that Nintendo used with that technology .     Pretty much the same thing, just different sides of the coin.  Both are guilty.  Both will probably end up being successful by doing as much.

Wait... What exactly did Nintendo copy from Sony?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

I dont care about waggle motes so good luck with who copied who argument, like you'll get somthing big by winning in that argument.....=.=