By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PLAYSTATION MOVE issue?

is anybody gonna look past this whole "sony is copying nintendo" thing and actually try to enjoy the playstation move. its kind of repetitive and annoying when people say that sony is copying nintendo. do they know how much innovating sony did ever since they entered the videogame business. in my opinion i dont think its fair to sony that people look at the whole stupid sony is copying nintendo thing than look at the quality of the playstation move. just wanted to say what i thought

Around the Network

well they are copying nintendo. That isn't a bad thing it's good. Big Company's do this all the time.

I personally dont like any of the company's motionsticks/eyes

But, if something is good it makes sense to use a technology similar, as it's not always good to reinvent the wheel. Not that anyone did here

bla bla bla.. cookie?

they are so copying nintendo EVEN THOUGH THEY FUCKING HAD THE SAME TECH IN 2004, they are still copying nintendo.

My take on it, if it wasn't for nintendo sony wouldn't have released move, but MOVE is not a copy, since it was in development since will before the wii was even shown in public

mM

You're not helping.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

meh, who cares. Let the haters hate. When it comes out, then let the reviewers and the people decide if its a copy, something way worse or something way better.

A few weeks late anyway

Now I'm sure the rabbit hole goes deeper than this. But just for simplicities sake, Sony did copy something but not in the way that all the Nintendo fanboys and general haters will imply.

Sony had the tech before Nintendo / Microsoft / etc. There are various videos of showing this in 2004-ish.

Nintendo was the first company to take a gamble on this tech. Sony didn't want to hitch it's wagon to something that may have been an utter failure. (Makes sense, considering the wild success they have had with their current formula in past generations.)

Sony has now come full circle and given this tech a full array of thought and design and now will offer the feature in large part due to witnessing the success Nintendo has had with it.

So while, Sony may have copied the momentum that Nintendo has created, Nintendo never would have had the idea in the first place without Sony.

how many times are we going to post the same topics?? if you want it buy it if not who cares

leo-j said:
they are so copying nintendo EVEN THOUGH THEY FUCKING HAD THE SAME TECH IN 2004, they are still copying nintendo.

My take on it, if it wasn't for nintendo sony wouldn't have released move, but MOVE is not a copy, since it was in development since will before the wii was even shown in public

And you would prefer the alternative where everyone calls them retarded for sitting on it for 6 years? "No Sony isn't copying Nintendo, they are tards with no vision". You would like that alternative? Personally if it is true then Sony are getting off lightly.

Tease.