By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PLAYSTATION MOVE issue?

leo-j said:
they are so copying nintendo EVEN THOUGH THEY FUCKING HAD THE SAME TECH IN 2004, they are still copying nintendo.

My take on it, if it wasn't for nintendo sony wouldn't have released move, but MOVE is not a copy, since it was in development since will before the wii was even shown in public

I hate to sound like a dick but..

Did Sony ever bundle it with every console?

Fact is Nintendo took the risk and succeded now Sony and MS watch a piece of the motion control market. Both MS and Sony are copying Nintendo in there own ways.

Sure Natal is different, but its gonna compete with Wii mote.

The PS mote might be a complete copy but its better than the basic Wii mote which is a huge plus (No pun intended)

Around the Network
Garnett said:
leo-j said:
they are so copying nintendo EVEN THOUGH THEY FUCKING HAD THE SAME TECH IN 2004, they are still copying nintendo.

My take on it, if it wasn't for nintendo sony wouldn't have released move, but MOVE is not a copy, since it was in development since will before the wii was even shown in public

Fact is Nintendo took the risk and succeded now Sony and MS watch a piece of the motion control market. Both MS and Sony are copying Nintendo in there own ways.

The PS mote might be a complete copy but its better than the basic Wii mote which is a huge plus (No pun intended)

But again, Nintendo took the tech primarily from Sony's piggy bank.  Did Nintendo come up with the creative idea for it?  Did Nintendo fund a good portion of the groundwork for the project?   In most cases, no they didn't.   So while MS / Sony are trying to replicate the Wii's success or steal some of it's thunder,   even Nintendo is guilty of copying in this regard. 

M.U.G.E.N said:
Squilliam said:
leo-j said:

And you would prefer the alternative where everyone calls them retarded for sitting on it for 6 years? "No Sony isn't copying Nintendo, they are tards with no vision". You would like that alternative? Personally if it is true then Sony are getting off lightly.

I rather they went the route they did in making games since if not I would be playing retarded games like just dance etcand not Uncharted, GOw3 etc. Glad they stuck it out until they were ready (as a consumer)

You'll still get retarded games like Just Dance for Move if you think its retarded and you'll get games like Uncharted and God of War which other people find equally retarded.

How exactly did they stick anything out until the were ready? IMO it was stick finger in butt until they decided to finally pull it out again.

ANd also taking your time to impliment something makes you retarded? So I guess Ninty etc were rather 'retarded' to not use a disk base medium while SOny made it common place

If you took 15 years to learn how to read and write you'd be retarded in a clinical sense. So yes being slow in development is the true meaning of the word retarded, hence the reason why I used it.

I don't see how their continued use of cartridges for content distribution 14 years ago is really at all that relevant.

Seriously dude, your bitterness towards Sony shows in your every post, honestly don't think I've seen a single post by you without a underhanded witty remarks in the Sony section

Underhanded = sinister = Left handed. Sorry im not a lefty. If I truely hated Sony then why did I spend $5000 U.S.D. near the start of the generation on a 53" Sony Bravia LCD?

Tease.

Poor widdle Sony evwey body shoulds stop being so mean!

Kinda reminds me of something else

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Rpruett said:
Garnett said:
leo-j said:

But again, Nintendo took the tech primarily from Sony's piggy bank.  Did Nintendo come up with the creative idea for it?  Did Nintendo fund a good portion of the groundwork for the project?   In most cases, no they didn't.   So while MS / Sony are trying to replicate the Wii's success or steal some of it's thunder,   even Nintendo is guilty of copying in this regard. 

The Idea of motion controls have been around since the 1980's.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Squilliam said:
leo-j said:

And you would prefer the alternative where everyone calls them retarded for sitting on it for 6 years? "No Sony isn't copying Nintendo, they are tards with no vision". You would like that alternative? Personally if it is true then Sony are getting off lightly.

Underhanded = sinister = Left handed. Sorry im not a lefty. If I truely hated Sony then why did I spend $5000 U.S.D. near the start of the generation on a 53" Sony Bravia LCD?

WHAT!?! how did you manage that on a Bum's income. I'm gonna report you for lying about your occupation on your profile!

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:

Poor widdle Sony evwey body shoulds stop being so mean!

Kinda reminds me of something else

Yep that video also reminds me all the whiny Ninty fanboys around the web also...

OMG THEY TOOK OUR PRECIOUS! how ever will dear liddle Ninty pay my mortgage now..boo hoo hoo

Cry me a friggin river is all I have to say to them tbh. Following what is successful is what corporations do. Motion controls were proven successful with wii and hence Sony and MS are trying to tap into that market now. Touch screen phones were successful and hence other phone companies are trying to tap into the iphone market. It's called business. Acting as if Sony just killed Jesus is childish and lame. As long as they come up with some good games for the Move within the next year I'm gonna buy it. Not like they are gonna stop making amazing exclusives as they have been doing so far just cuz Move comes out and hence I couldn't give a crap about the whiners

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Garnett said:
Rpruett said:
Garnett said:
leo-j said:

It's not just the idea for it. It's the idea for interface, idea for everything revolving around it.  Sony did not come up with all of these either.  Neither did Nintendo.  That's the whole point.

On a simplistic sense, Sony came up with the technology for the Wand first which Nintendo copied.  Nintendo came up with the risky idea of trying it as a main form of control for their system which Sony is now copying by providing an option to use motion controls.

People making a big issue out of this are Nintendo fanboys or people trying to create drama/issues where there is none.  This type of thing happens constantly in this industry.

Garnett said:
Rpruett said:
Garnett said:
leo-j said:

I KNOW! I had the idea waaay before anyone else in the 80's, finally I get the recognition I deserve.

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
Squilliam said:

WHAT!?! how did you manage that on a Bum's income. I'm gonna report you for lying about your occupation on your profile!

Maybe something happened on a saturday?

Tease.