By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I am officially an ex playstation fanboy

There, I edited the OP so people will stop whining and trolling him, that isn't a nice way to treat anyone, there's no reason for it.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

Sorry guys about the wall of text. LoL. total noob here. Yeah i have a pic of my dog right here, the one that passed away. you guys are talking about these 3rd parties that can fix your system. Any body know any? Even if tho i get my system fixed, all i care at this point
is to get my pictures of my old dog and try to recover my band files. Yea, I wont ever put any important data on a game machine ever again. So to any of you that do that, DONT! Anyways, even if i am able to recover the files, i probably wont be ever guy a playstation product again.
If i ever do, it wont be for a long, long time.

(new paragraph, THANK GOD) lol . Yea, I probably will be sitting the rest of this generation out. To keep myself entertained, I've been going through this N64 phase. I forgot how bad ass the system really was. I was grew up with Nintendo. I was born in 1985, the year a NES came out. And had started playing games since I was 2 and was converted to a playstation fanboy the first time I saw Tekken 2 on psone lol. But yeah, the reason why im probably sitting the rest of this generation out, is due to how I was screwed over by Sony mainly. And xbox 360 ive never really liked microsoft. (No offense 360 owners) Besides halo, nothing really wowed me. Maybe I've just never played them. And then theres the Wii. in which is the reason why i havent bought a nintendo system, due to Nintendo not caring about "gamers".

The only games that really honestly interest me on the Wii is all the Mario games, and I think thats only b/c i grew up with Nintendo. And with myself going through this N64 phase, it kinda makes me want to buy a Wii for Nintendo Nostalgic reasons. Are there any other games out there on the Wii that are worth buying the system for? And if your going to tell me stupid games like "Cooking Mama : Cook Off" or "Petz Catz 2" b/c your a Nintendo fanboy, dont bother. I want gamer games, not wiiware.

I look at Nintendo's system life spans and they usually are about 4-5 years. I think were getting pretty close to the end if history repeats itself with the Wii. However, Nintendo has also never seen the kind of sales it has for any of its systems compared to the Wii,
(Unfortunatley, in my opinon; to due Nintendo's non competitive tech and no gamer games) so they might continue the Wii for a very long time. Sales might end tho with Sony's wand and microsoft's natal. So we will see.

And how hard would you guys say it is to fix the YLOD yourself on the PS3? Is it worth it? I stand corrected which this makes me sound like a liar but yes I meant 90 days. Thats in the USA anyways.And no, its not Sony's fault that my dog died or I didnt back up my data. But it's called CUSTOMER SERVICE; i work in it, I should know. Sometimes companies bend over back wards to keep you as a future customer. However in this case, Sony did not take care of the customer. It's not even the fact that they wont fix it. Polies and procedures are 90 days and your 2 days late? Whatever. But its one thing after another where I've gotten the shaft. Those that didnt read the wall of text lol didnt read the rest of the issues. 1 of them being, all i asked for in a calm collective manor, that i would like to request that my ps3 be sent back to me left unfixed if they are not able to fix my exact console. Trust me, being a nice guy DOES NOT help when you want satisfaction. I tried it, and then since i wasnt able to get it, I asked to call their corporate office and I was told they cannot give out that number and there is no one else to talk to, and that wasnt even when i started sounding like an asshole.

I had the same thing happen with the ps2 and thats why I do not buy sony products anymore, after three ps2's and a sony trinitron tv.

Sony basically said to get f'ed but I kept my faith to sony until things just didn't add up of why I support a horrible company. M$ covered there mistake, sony seems to be good at hiding there problem and not owning up to there fans. just my opinion and what happened to me.

sorry you had your ps3 go after 32 days I'm surprised that's not covered by their warranty. I've sent a ps3 in to them 3 times. Each time it was a 90 day warranty. The last one that broke did it after 92 days but I got them to cover it.

From having sent a ps3 in three time I've learned a few things. Don't leave something on the ps3 I might want. Pictures, music, movies. Game save files I back up when I can. Sadly with how many games these days are protected I can't easy copy without doing a full back up. I used to install all the games I had on the system when I'd get them so I'd be able to play them when I want to. After loosing the last one after 92 days I decided that I'd only do the ones I know for sure I'll be playing.

Good luck with getting support. I hope you can.

If I were you, I wouldn't have bought or bothered fixing the console at all. I did the same thing as you back in 2000 with the PS one. I had 3, they all broke. Wish i just kept one and if that broke that's it... I hate faulty hardware...

Around the Network

with the ps3 the partitioning system is deifferent and actually tied to a key for a particular system, so being able to recover your data with another system is out of the question, as for the ylod look up the ps3 recover menu and see if you might be able to restore it that way

good luck man

Pardon my French, but

you got F'd in the A.

Sorry man, you should of never sent the HD with out being backed up, no matter what they say, I had a much worse experience with MS, Im on 360 number 7, I still love my 360 though, You have to remember some employees from these companies suck, If you keep your cool, and stay with it , Sony will take care of you, I work closely with the Industry, I know atleast 200 plus people with a PS3, only one had a problem where the PS3 Sony sent back died with in 3 months, Sony gave him a new Slim, because he kept his cool, if you piss these people off, they will fuck you over, they could care less, you have to know how to handle it, Also no matter how good a product is, Electronics Fail, it happens, the PS3 is a very complex piece of equipment. Computers fail, I hope you learned a valuable lesson in this, Back up your HD, Relax get some sleep, Go about it tomorrow, call again, get a Email, or Address to write a letter to Sony, Ask for a manager, explain yourself calmly, and see what happens, you get more with Honey then vinager, Good Luck my friend, Sorry for your loss.

I felt I have read this kind of thread before same thing happen and same dog so I am feeling a big DEJA VU right now.

You need to keep calling back and telling your story until you find someone that takes care of your problem. I've never since the PS1 had a Sony product fail on me (and that includes products other than their gaming systems). Sony makes great, quality products, and as a company, I think they care about their consumer. They always try to give the consumer good value in their products. Just look at the value of a PS3 compared to a 360 (not trying to start a flame war. I'm not trying to put down the 360, just stating factual information). Both systems are the same price yet, not only do you have what's been found to be an overall much more reliable product, but also Sony really tried to pack in a great value in the PS3 for their customers with a lot of extra stuff: wireless, bluetooth function, bluray, etc. You have to know Sony is a quality company after all these years of support.

Anyways, my main point is CALL THEM BACK AND TRY AGAIN! Like someone said, companies have sucky employees. But they also have good ones. I've heard multiple times on this site where someone called Sony CS once to have their PS3 fixed for free and got denied. Then called back a different time, got a different CS agent, and that CS person took care of the problem for them hassle free and money free. I think I know how you're feeling..it's a pride thing why you no longer want to support Sony; but you can't judge Sony by a single bad experience with a single lazy and sucky CS employee.

In closing, let me say it one more time: CALL BACK AND TRY AGAIN! AND THEN AGAIN IF IT STILL DOESN'T WORK! AND SO ON. Just be really nice and polite, and try to keep your cool. I'd be willing to bet that eventually you'll get the problem taken care of.