By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No Call of Duty: Black Ops For Wii?

Siko1989 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Lastgengamer said:
Wii shouldn't keep getting late ports of CoD it's stating to get ridiculous at the point.

Late or not, it'll only sell a small fraction of what the HD consoles sell. HD consoles and PC are the bread and butter. No point in dividing their attention with an inferior Wii port.

the wii version has better controls and you know it lol

Despite popular opinion on VGC, motion control =/= better controls for an FPS. I played WaW on the Wii. It was damn near a disaster because there's just a lack of accuracy (I don't care what anyone says in response to this). I don't care if this game supports Move or Natal, I'd rather sit down and play with a traditional controller

Around the Network

This is gamestop, people! Why are we all over-reacting? Gamestop, famous for 'heyl ets just put down random release dates, usually the 1st or last of the month.

What possible reason would Activision have for telling gamestop what consoles the game is releasing on at this point?

scottie said:
This is gamestop, people! Why are we all over-reacting? Gamestop, famous for 'heyl ets just put down random release dates, usually the 1st or last of the month.

What possible reason would Activision have for telling gamestop what consoles the game is releasing on at this point?

What reason? Uhhhh... PREORDERS!

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Siko1989 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Lastgengamer said:
Wii shouldn't keep getting late ports of CoD it's stating to get ridiculous at the point.

Late or not, it'll only sell a small fraction of what the HD consoles sell. HD consoles and PC are the bread and butter. No point in dividing their attention with an inferior Wii port.

The Wii's handicap is not the controls. The inferior specs makes it require more attention for a port. The sales aren't good enough either for them to focus on it.

is there a point to your arguement? no shit the HD versions would be the focus but it would be fucking nice for a wii version as well

Siko1989 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Siko1989 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Lastgengamer said:

The Wii's handicap is not the controls. The inferior specs makes it require more attention for a port. The sales aren't good enough either for them to focus on it.

is there a point to your arguement? no shit the HD versions would be the focus but it would be fucking nice for a wii version as well

Of course it would be nice. It would also be nice if Wii fans didn't complain when they get ignored. Isn't this common practice?

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
BMaker11 said:
Siko1989 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Lastgengamer said:

Despite popular opinion on VGC, motion control =/= better controls for an FPS. I played WaW on the Wii. It was damn near a disaster because there's just a lack of accuracy (I don't care what anyone says in response to this). I don't care if this game supports Move or Natal, I'd rather sit down and play with a traditional controller

ahh thats would at war. the controls are garbage on that. play MW Reflex then tell me.. and you dont have to stand up when your using motion control.... you can sit on your arse if you want and relax and play a game

They're throwing a lot of money out.

CoD: MWR sold much over a million with amazingly zero advertisement.

While not selling as good as the HD counterparts, they pretty much got higher revenue for the Wii's development costs.

1 million sales on the Wii may get almost the same revenue as 3 or 4 millions on the PS3 or 360, I guess.

But again, they just might not have the time to do it because of the first Modern Warfare port.

But again, The Conduit 2 is coming and also The Grinder, and those guys seems to understand better the superior wii controls for FPS than Activision.

The Conduit still has the best FPS controls on the Wii.

Bamboleo said:
They're throwing a lot of money out.

CoD: MWR sold much over a million with amazingly zero advertisement.

While not selling as good as the HD counterparts, they pretty much got higher revenue for the Wii's development costs.

1 million sales on the Wii may get almost the same revenue as 3 or 4 millions on the PS3 or 360, I guess.

But again, they just might not have the time to do it because of the first Modern Warfare port.

HAHAHAHHA, nice BS.

Mr Puggsly said:
scottie said:

What reason? Uhhhh... PREORDERS!

It helps to read the last 3 words of a person's post.