By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: New Bungie IP 'Halo on steroids'

Huya said:
isn't gears of war halo on steroids:O

simply...no

Around the Network
Faxanadu said:
Cool, Halo in 4D.

Ah man Faxanadu was one of my favorite games as a kid.

Anyway back on topic: I find it funny that Sony would try to rub this in when they don't have too much to gain. If MSFT still has an equity stake in Bungie they stand to get way more than Sony.

libellule said:
lol at Sony commenting on the Bungie/Activision deal

it feels like pushing a sword deeper in a bleeding heart

I think your enjoying this abit too much.

I've never liked Halo, or any other FPS on consoles for that matter. And i dont feel Bungie has done anything extraordinary with any of their games. And for them to partner up with Activision is just bad gone worse imo.

I dont think anyone gains on this deal, and i feel MS kind of got the short straw :/

Thanx for the Info Sony, But I shall remain buying Bungie products on a 360 for futures to come!!!

Around the Network

PLZ no FPS bungie
but for big FPS fans this news is huge
When was the last time somethng this big happened I wonder........e3 2008

S.T.A.G.E. said:
CGI-Quality said:
Grey21 said:
Wow... there really seem to be PS fanboys who are jumping up and down out of joy, perhaps even with tears of joy... judging from the comments that is. No game has been announced, they are just happy because one faceless company took a blow and another one gained some ground from that blow. The last time I saw this much idiocy was when FF went multiplatform. It is a bit suprising seeing how we all knew this was comming, not the Activision part bit the multiplatform part. Bungie and Microsoft ended their close relationship a few years back when they announced ODST would be their last game together. Then they repeated that same statement with Reach but we all knew this would eventually happen.

News like this doesnt really do anything to me but the fanboy responses do irritate me. It would be great if one day Sony and Microsoft announce they are going to make their next console as a joint venture because their marketshare is too low to make a profitable HD console on their own. Would these fanboys suddenly work together to play the same love/hate game? Or would they actually protest? Because I dont get their facination with these companies. Do they really think one is fantastic and the other one stinks? Or is it that they just have to be a part of something and it doesnt matter what.

I'd suggest reconsidering your posting WITHOUT slinging insults.

If you are stating Halo isn't quality, then lets just say quality is subjective to you and for others its multiplayer is 10 million+ strong.

Wii Sports. That is all

Looks like Bungie and Activision took the wind out of Sony's sails...since they had hinted at "stealing" away previously exclusive stuff...well...now we know...ooopsy.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

These comments are ridiculous. This is a great deal for sony, and not a betrayal. Bungie is remaining independent so Activison can't screw them over as long as they make sure to hold the rights to their ips. I don't see why microsoft fanboys are whining about sony fanboys excited by the news. Hell im a microsoft fanboy and I'm glad a lot of the sony community seems to be excited about the deal because i personally love bungie games. If the new IP is not an fps I'll probably get it for the ps3, but if its still a fps 360 it is. I just cant play fps on the playstation 3. Don't like the ps3 controller for them.

Myth IV multiplatform?
I could forgive them for having let Myth III in MumboJumbo and Take2 hands, that made it a steaming pile of crap.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!