By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: New Bungie IP 'Halo on steroids'

CGI-Quality said:
Grey21 said:
Wow... there really seem to be PS fanboys who are jumping up and down out of joy, perhaps even with tears of joy... judging from the comments that is. No game has been announced, they are just happy because one faceless company took a blow and another one gained some ground from that blow. The last time I saw this much idiocy was when FF went multiplatform. It is a bit suprising seeing how we all knew this was comming, not the Activision part bit the multiplatform part. Bungie and Microsoft ended their close relationship a few years back when they announced ODST would be their last game together. Then they repeated that same statement with Reach but we all knew this would eventually happen.

News like this doesnt really do anything to me but the fanboy responses do irritate me. It would be great if one day Sony and Microsoft announce they are going to make their next console as a joint venture because their marketshare is too low to make a profitable HD console on their own. Would these fanboys suddenly work together to play the same love/hate game? Or would they actually protest? Because I dont get their facination with these companies. Do they really think one is fantastic and the other one stinks? Or is it that they just have to be a part of something and it doesnt matter what.

I'd suggest reconsidering your posting WITHOUT slinging insults.

The first part was a bit harsh I know, but I only said fanboy behavior was idiotic and that it irritates me. Something I'm sure most people agree with. It is inuslting to call someone's behavior idiotic but I named no one specifically so only if you consider yourself a fanboy then you could feel insulted. And since no one does that I guess nobody is hurting right now.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
theprof00 said:
why does everyone refer to better things as being "X on roids" when we treat our steroidal athletes very poorly?

i think you are misinterpiting the statment. sony is saying is that bungie's next project is going to be muscular space men who save the world by squirting the aliens with their breast milk.

Something like this?   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Yaaaaay, Jason Jones!

Now please don't just be another shooter. Spread those dusty wings out again, Bungie.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Severance said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
CGI-Quality said:
Grey21 said:
Wow... there really seem to be PS fanboys who are jumping up and down out of joy, perhaps even with tears of joy... judging from the comments that is. No game has been announced, they are just happy because one faceless company took a blow and another one gained some ground from that blow. The last time I saw this much idiocy was when FF went multiplatform. It is a bit suprising seeing how we all knew this was comming, not the Activision part bit the multiplatform part. Bungie and Microsoft ended their close relationship a few years back when they announced ODST would be their last game together. Then they repeated that same statement with Reach but we all knew this would eventually happen.

News like this doesnt really do anything to me but the fanboy responses do irritate me. It would be great if one day Sony and Microsoft announce they are going to make their next console as a joint venture because their marketshare is too low to make a profitable HD console on their own. Would these fanboys suddenly work together to play the same love/hate game? Or would they actually protest? Because I dont get their facination with these companies. Do they really think one is fantastic and the other one stinks? Or is it that they just have to be a part of something and it doesnt matter what.

If you are stating Halo isn't quality, then lets just say quality is subjective to you and for others its multiplayer is 10 million+ strong.

Numbers mean nothing see Modern Warfare 2.

not saying Halo isn't quality, infact Halo is great , but numbers mean nothing see Just Dance

Just Dance was supported purely by the casuals, but yes I see your point. Still as an FPS game Halo holds the flag for exclusive console shooters and just as a shooter period. Very few times in life is quality rewarded with extremely high numbers. Halo and MW are two brands that collected. It's timing, marketing, gameplay and even more factors, but Bungie and Microsoft got the job done with Halo. Infinity Ward and Activision used a similar approach in marketing and control scheme and look what it got them? The highest selling multiplatform FPS ever. Halo is still the highest selling exclusive ever....and the reason is right in our faces, but quality+ proper marketing is the issue. Just dance is a norm these days which Nintendo is banking on where marginal value games sell with proper marketing.

CGI-Quality said:
PearlJam said:
CGI-Quality said:
PearlJam said:
No shit!

lol......it's not that serious pal. Relax.

I'm not the one replying to stupid posts with serious answers.

You DO have an aggressive tone, however, which is common from you.

I guess I'll have to TONE it down.

Around the Network

why the f*** we sony owners would want that

if there was a title that I would to play on my ps3 from the xbox it would be gears
which I got a 360 just for that title but would much rather like to play it with the dualshock

Nintendo made me a gamer so I'd be stupid to ever try to forget that                                             like so many people nowadays

The Top  Best Consoles Are SNES and PSX 

Currently Playing: 1.Monster Hunter tri 2.MegaMan 10

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Severance said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
CGI-Quality said:
Grey21 said:

If you are stating Halo isn't quality, then lets just say quality is subjective to you and for others its multiplayer is 10 million+ strong.

Numbers mean nothing see Modern Warfare 2.

not saying Halo isn't quality, infact Halo is great , but numbers mean nothing see Just Dance

Just Dance was supported purely by the casuals, but yes I see your point. Still as an FPS game Halo holds the flag for exclusive console shooters and just as a shooter period. Very few times in life is quality rewarded with extremely high numbers. Halo and MW are two brands that collected. It's timing, marketing, gameplay and even more factors, but Bungie and Microsoft got the job done with Halo. Infinity Ward and Activision used a similar approach in marketing and control scheme and look what it got them? The highest selling multiplatform FPS ever. Halo is still the highest selling exclusive ever....and the reason is right in our faces, but quality+ proper marketing is the issue. Just dance is a norm these days which Nintendo is banking on where marginal value games sell with proper marketing.

again i am not talking about sales, i swear i am not!

numbers don't mean anything.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

CommonMan said:
zgamer5 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
LOL Sony is desperate for a Halo Killer.

how are sony desperate for a halo killer? they already have two series which are better then halo quality wise. do you even know what they mean by" halo on sterioids"?

@bolded - You and every other Sony guy thinks this, but the sales don't, and contrary to what you may think, the sales are what Sony cares about. That is what STAGE is referring to. Killing Halo's sales by being MORE popular.

stage's comment was completly out of contex. how can a company seem desperate (i'm not saying they'r not) by accepting and welcoming a new ip to their system. the game will get higher sales on the 360 (if it's an FPS). it will be benefiting both consoles.

the article doesn't have anything to do with sony being desperate, what would make sony desperate is if bungie signed with them an exclusivity deal. but saying that a MULTIPLATFORM game will outperform halo is not being desperate.

ms still own the franchise, how will the exclusivity deal hurt halo in any way.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Numbers do mean something Severence, but luckily in gaming unlike cars the highest quality games come at an equal price to the lowest quality. Marketing is the X factor in between aside from installed base. Exclusives like Halo, Mario and GT have X factors which have yet to be surpassed.

Teamed up with Bungie?
Pah, Activision are dead to me now.