By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: New Bungie IP 'Halo on steroids'

zgamer5 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Wow I can;t believe something like this finally happened.

I really wonder what the sales potential of this game could be since it'll be multiplat.

Maybe Activision want a COD Killer lol

activision are greedy basterds, i hope infinity ward win the appeal. all they do is milk franchises, 3 cods in 2 years? i'm sure none of them will have any quality.

and also what does blizzard have to do in this? will that game be an mmo?

who knows.

But billzard doesn't have to have anything to do with this.

Its probably Kotick who's directly in contact with Bungie....I doubt we;ll expect an MMO but I'm not 100% sure but I think Bungie did once say they would like to make an RPG.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
CGI-Quality said:
Grey21 said:
Wow... there really seem to be PS fanboys who are jumping up and down out of joy, perhaps even with tears of joy... judging from the comments that is. No game has been announced, they are just happy because one faceless company took a blow and another one gained some ground from that blow. The last time I saw this much idiocy was when FF went multiplatform. It is a bit suprising seeing how we all knew this was comming, not the Activision part bit the multiplatform part. Bungie and Microsoft ended their close relationship a few years back when they announced ODST would be their last game together. Then they repeated that same statement with Reach but we all knew this would eventually happen.

News like this doesnt really do anything to me but the fanboy responses do irritate me. It would be great if one day Sony and Microsoft announce they are going to make their next console as a joint venture because their marketshare is too low to make a profitable HD console on their own. Would these fanboys suddenly work together to play the same love/hate game? Or would they actually protest? Because I dont get their facination with these companies. Do they really think one is fantastic and the other one stinks? Or is it that they just have to be a part of something and it doesnt matter what.

I'd suggest reconsidering your posting WITHOUT slinging insults.

If you are stating Halo isn't quality, then lets just say quality is subjective to you and for others its multiplayer is 10 million+ strong.

Yes S.T.A.G.E., that's exactly what I'm saying.............................. /sarcasm

READ his post one more time and stop getting so defensive over nothing.

I misquoted. It was the comment beneath you. My mistake. 

LOL so much anger from some in this thread :P how fun, where's my popcorn?

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

zgamer5 said:

how are sony desperate for a halo killer? they already have two series which are better then halo quality wise.

No they don't.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
CGI-Quality said:
Grey21 said:
Wow... there really seem to be PS fanboys who are jumping up and down out of joy, perhaps even with tears of joy... judging from the comments that is. No game has been announced, they are just happy because one faceless company took a blow and another one gained some ground from that blow. The last time I saw this much idiocy was when FF went multiplatform. It is a bit suprising seeing how we all knew this was comming, not the Activision part bit the multiplatform part. Bungie and Microsoft ended their close relationship a few years back when they announced ODST would be their last game together. Then they repeated that same statement with Reach but we all knew this would eventually happen.

News like this doesnt really do anything to me but the fanboy responses do irritate me. It would be great if one day Sony and Microsoft announce they are going to make their next console as a joint venture because their marketshare is too low to make a profitable HD console on their own. Would these fanboys suddenly work together to play the same love/hate game? Or would they actually protest? Because I dont get their facination with these companies. Do they really think one is fantastic and the other one stinks? Or is it that they just have to be a part of something and it doesnt matter what.

I'd suggest reconsidering your posting WITHOUT slinging insults.

If you are stating Halo isn't quality, then lets just say quality is subjective to you and for others its multiplayer is 10 million+ strong.

Numbers mean nothing see Modern Warfare 2.

not saying Halo isn't quality, infact Halo is great , but numbers mean nothing see Just Dance

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network

No shit!

will ppl calm down its only news.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Xen said:
God damn that's a deceptive headline!

That's what I was thinking haha.  Totally misrepresents what is actually stated.  Seriously, people, like those enterting the topic the creator needs to read what they post as well haha.

Ugh I really don't have an issue with Bungie working with Activision, I just really want more Halo games after Reach.  I'd prefer them to be made by Bungie, but I guess I'll live without it for some time.  Hopefully this new Bungie IP will be good.  Guess we'll see at E3 (well if not this year then next) and see what's going on.  And hopefully it isn't too much trouble to have this on a Nintendo system as well.

Can't remember who but didn't some PR on SOny say that 3rd party exclusivity is on the way out and that they will focus on 1st party development? Think they were spot on. Now I think MS will focus more on 1st party and actually buy some more studios as well, good for ALL gamers :)

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

CGI-Quality said:
PearlJam said:
No shit!

lol......it's not that serious pal. Relax.

I'm not the one replying to stupid posts with serious answers.