By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I can afford one game, and one game only.

I can afford one game, and one game only.

Alan Wake (360) 19 11.31%

God of War 3 (PS3) 60 35.71%

Batman Arkham Asylum (360) 11 6.55%

Battlefield Bad Company 2 (PC) 15 8.93%

Red Dead Redemption (PS3) 48 28.57%

Heavy Rain (PS3) 15 8.93%

Total:168
Severance said:
Heavy Rain because you won't need anything else

I'm sorry but that's horrible advice.  Again, Heavy Rain is a good game but if you can only buy a single don't buy Heavy Rain.  The game definately isn't worth $60 and without a doubt isn't worth his single game purches.  It's an excellent rental and will be a good buy when it gets in the $30 but for now, $60 is too much for that much game.

The game may have 20 something endings but the game is 6-ish hours and the first 2 hours are painfully boring after the first time.  Furthermore, when the killer is revealed, the killer is revealed in such a way that they show you everything the killer was doing so there isn't any incentive to play it again to see what they were up to during the story. 

Again, Heavy Rain is a good game but not a good choice when you can only afford a single game and probably only a single game for a few months.

Like I originally said, just rent one crappy weekend where you don't want to go outdoors and you'll have a good weekend.

Around the Network
Severance said:

I'm a bit surprised you'd give such advice.

Can heavy rain really last him for a long time. I played it in 2 days & traded it in for Yakuza 3 after that. Spent around 3 times the time in Yakuza 3 than I did in heavy rain & I've only completed 7% of Yakuza 3

I mean Heavy Rain is a great experience...but its not suited to his needs at the moment.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Alan Wake will be the best game with the highest Meta out of that list. A must have in this generation.

Red Dead Redemption will give you more hours of gameplay though.

Wait, I just noticed you have the PC versionof BC2 there. Buy it. I can teach you how to play lol.

twesterm said:
Severance said:

I'm sorry but that's horrible advice.  Again, Heavy Rain is a good game but if you can only buy a single don't buy Heavy Rain.  The game definately isn't worth $60 and without a doubt isn't worth his single game purches.  It's an excellent rental and will be a good buy when it gets in the $30 but for now, $60 is too much for that much game.

The game may have 20 something endings but the game is 6-ish hours and the first 2 hours are painfully boring after the first time.  Furthermore, when the killer is revealed, the killer is revealed in such a way that they show you everything the killer was doing so there isn't any incentive to play it again to see what they were up to during the story. 

Again, Heavy Rain is a good game but not a good choice when you can only afford a single game and probably only a single game for a few months.

Like I originally said, just rent one crappy weekend where you don't want to go outdoors and you'll have a good weekend.

i was joking,..... or wasn't it obvious?

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network

Unless you ultra suck at QT events get GOW3...the 10hour ride is an epic one and one you will repeat, the scale is unmatched by any game out in history imo

HR: is a unique gaming experience and can be replayed in many ways to get different outcomes, heck if you miss one QT event even that will have a noticeable impact on it, again unless your a gamer who 'really' suck at QT, you will enjoy it

Batman: get it on PS3 cuz you can play as the Joker as well since it's ps3 exclusive, great game btw, very nice gameplay and atmosphere

other games aren't out yet so I can't give you an opinion on them, simple as that. W/e you pick up, hope you have fun :)

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Honestly you need to shake up some more money.

All those games are must haves except for Batman.

Severance said:
twesterm said:
Severance said:

i was joking,..... or wasn't it obvious?

Just in case you weren't. 

Red dead redemption will give the most play time. Batman is pretty cheap so you can most likely pick it up with another game as well.

darthdevidem01 said:
Severance said:

I'm a bit surprised you'd give such advice.

Can heavy rain really last him for a long time. I played it in 2 days & traded it in for Yakuza 3 after that. Spent around 3 times the time in Yakuza 3 than I did in heavy rain & I've only completed 7% of Yakuza 3

I mean Heavy Rain is a great experience...but its not suited to his needs at the moment.

read comment above, gotta edit my comment.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.