By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I can afford one game, and one game only.

I can afford one game, and one game only.

Alan Wake (360) 19 11.31%

God of War 3 (PS3) 60 35.71%

Batman Arkham Asylum (360) 11 6.55%

Battlefield Bad Company 2 (PC) 15 8.93%

Red Dead Redemption (PS3) 48 28.57%

Heavy Rain (PS3) 15 8.93%

Total:168
STEKSTAV said:
A close race between GOW3 and Red Dead Redemption.

For anyone thats finished GOW3, do i have to be up to speed on GOW1-2 for me to understand whats happening in GOW3?. I mean, i kinda know already what happend in them. Mostly what happend in GOW1, but from what i understand GOW2 was just hack n slash with no "real" story(?).

You can catchup on the story from the wikipedia articles (I know I did, owned both Gow1 and 2 originals and even bought the collection for ps3 - still never finished em - hack and slash gets boring for me) 

I still say go for RDR :P

Or wait a little longer and get MNR...  That didn't make your list, but I think that would be a game your girl would like, as well, you as well probably, who doesn't like racing games with ramps?! 

EDIT - Also with MNR you can BOTH play at the same time :)

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

Around the Network
STEKSTAV said:

For anyone thats finished GOW3, do i have to be up to speed on GOW1-2 for me to understand whats happening in GOW3?. I mean, i kinda know already what happend in them. Mostly what happend in GOW1, but from what i understand GOW2 was just hack n slash with no "real" story(?).

Both games can be summed up in one short sentence:

Kratos gets pissed off, kills shit.

There's really nothing else you have to know since playing that game fore the story is only a few steps above playing Mario for the story (but still a good game at least).

twesterm said:
STEKSTAV said:

Both games can be summed up in one short sentence:

Kratos gets pissed off, kills shit.

There's really nothing else you have to know since playing that game fore the story is only a few steps above playing Mario for the story (but still a good game at least).

Haha.. i see. I hope his killing shit skills include killing time, cus i've got alot of it. :D

i voted GOW 3 but i would get red dead redemption. im assumming it will last longer.

my predictions 2012

Wii 116m
PS3 80m
360 78m

Ill bump this a bit, bring on 50 votes!

Around the Network

Go with Heavy Rain. Fresh new title. GoW3 is good, but if you have GoW2 go play that because it is better! :D

Curious as why Batman AA for 360? why not PS3? Does the GOTY edition have the Joker exclusive that was on the original PS3 version now on both?

3D Dot Game Heroes for sure. You could get that + a $20 budgeted title.

Honestly though I would say you should pick Red Dead Redemption fro the list you have shown. That game looks bad ass and should provide plenty of replayability.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

You can get GoW III at 25£ (28€) from GAME

http://www.game.co.uk/Games/PlayStation-3/Action-Adventure-Adventure/God-of-War-III/~r335935/?s=god%20of%20war

I would order myself, but I'm waiting for the GoW: Collection and Yakuza 3 since I got both cheap. And those will keep me busy for a long time. :)

STEKSTAV said:

My pockets dont run deep these days so I can only afford one game, and i'd like it to have some epicness to it, aswell as some nice replay value since it will be the only game ill buy for a while.

I love story driven games with a good singleplayer. But i've also done alot of FPS competitive play in my days, so i know i'll get plenty of hours out of BFBC2. Even though it might not be suitable for competitive play, it can be nice to just level up and enjoy a good FPS.

At this moment in time, im leaning towards;

1.Red Dead Redemption - Length, multiplayer, Wild Wild West(!)
2.Alan Wake - Story, Epicness, Graphics, Horror
3.Heavy Rain - Story, Innovative, Hype, Graphics, My girl wants it.
4.BFBC2 - FPS, Multiplayer, Funfactor
5.God of War - Epicness, Story, Graphics, Hype, Mayhem
6.Batman AA - GOTY, Unique, Batman, Replay value

Please let me know if my thoughts on each game is way off. Like if Heavy Rain was overrated, or if Batmans replay value sucks. And as a promise to myself, ill buy whichever game reaches 50 votes first (so dont screw me over VGC :D). Or in case non of them makes it to that number, i'll pick the game with the most votes come May 10th.

I say wait for reviews and go with Red Dead Redemption. It can offer you most entertainment for your cash, either that or BFBC2 if you are into shooters. If you want singleplayer experience, I'd say either God of War or possibly Alan Wake, depends on your taste.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising