By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I can afford one game, and one game only.

I can afford one game, and one game only.

Alan Wake (360) 19 11.31%

God of War 3 (PS3) 60 35.71%

Batman Arkham Asylum (360) 11 6.55%

Battlefield Bad Company 2 (PC) 15 8.93%

Red Dead Redemption (PS3) 48 28.57%

Heavy Rain (PS3) 15 8.93%

Total:168
CGI-Quality said:

Hmmm.....some of the comments in here regarding some of the choices are pretty bad.....as in inaccurate.

Either way, you know what I would choose (which does have replay value btw and isn't 6 hrs max as has been claimed) but for you, I'd go with God of War III or Battlefield: Bad Company 2. God of War III is unmatched on a technical level invovling consoles and Bad Company 2's online is pretty addictive.

Can't speak for unreleased games.

Havent played any of the Yakuza games.. although they seem quite popular. They're like the GTA games, right? But with a Yakuza theme?

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
STEKSTAV said:
Khuutra said:
STEKSTAV

You have no reason to listen to me over anyone else.

I've only played two games on that list. One is God of War (I platinum'd it!). The other is Batman.

STEKSTAV, do you like Batman?

I do like batman.. and i have tried the demo and liked it alot. But i've also played the demos of GOW3, Heavy Rain and BFBC2.. which i also liked very much.

I am going to recommend Arkham Asylum because it's the best game ever when it comes to replicating what it must be like to be Batman. The kind of beatdowns you can deliver to large groups of enemies is just ridonculous.

Thats the feeling i got from it aswell. Seems well thought of and the fighting was bad ass and seemed very fluently when engaging multiple foes. But except for the bigger "puzzle rooms", its quite linear right?

STEKSTAV said:
Khuutra said:
STEKSTAV said:
Khuutra said:
STEKSTAV

You have no reason to listen to me over anyone else.

I've only played two games on that list. One is God of War (I platinum'd it!). The other is Batman.

STEKSTAV, do you like Batman?

I do like batman.. and i have tried the demo and liked it alot. But i've also played the demos of GOW3, Heavy Rain and BFBC2.. which i also liked very much.

I am going to recommend Arkham Asylum because it's the best game ever when it comes to replicating what it must be like to be Batman. The kind of beatdowns you can deliver to large groups of enemies is just ridonculous.

Thats the feeling i got from it aswell. Seems well thought of and the fighting was bad ass and seemed very fluently when engaging multiple foes. But except for the bigger "puzzle rooms", its quite linear right?

It's no sand box but it does have it's share of find the hidden clue/treasure or w/e it was called in it, and the whole facility is a real atmospheric treat ;) Might be my third most enjoyed game after Uc2, GOW3 this gen. And again get it for the ps3 cuz of the Joker levels

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

STEKSTAV said:
Khuutra said:
STEKSTAV said:

Mostly, yeah, but it has a lot of combat/stealth challenges you can complete, and it is pretty replayable if only because some of the boss fights are just awesome.

I also recommend it on PS3 for the Joker challenges.

CGI-Quality said:
STEKSTAV said:
CGI-Quality said:

Hmmm.....some of the comments in here regarding some of the choices are pretty bad.....as in inaccurate.

Either way, you know what I would choose (which does have replay value btw and isn't 6 hrs max as has been claimed) but for you, I'd go with God of War III or Battlefield: Bad Company 2. God of War III is unmatched on a technical level invovling consoles and Bad Company 2's online is pretty addictive.

Can't speak for unreleased games.

Havent played any of the Yakuza games.. although they seem quite popular. They're like the GTA games, right? But with a Yakuza theme?

Yakuza 3 would be a good choice too. But consider those two I chose and HEAVY RAIN. You really can't go wrong with any of them and HEAVY RAIN has several different ways to play, especially midway through the game.

Im confused lol. I thought i quoted someone recommending me Yakuza 3, and i thought it was you but obviously not, and now i cant find the post anywhere? Im so confused haha! Thanks for your input though :)

Around the Network

I'm actually surprised it is that close - I thought GoW3 would blow them all out of the water..

I'm sticking behind my BFBC2 or RDR vote though (I picked RDR)

I think RDR would give you the most 'bang for your buck' R* games usually lengthy and give you a lot to do

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

@Khuutra and M.U.G.E.N - Yeah, i might get the PS3 version now that you mentioned it, I forgot about the Joker thingy. Thanks.

Tanstalas said:
I'm actually surprised it is that close - I thought GoW3 would blow them all out of the water..

I'm sticking behind my BFBC2 or RDR vote though (I picked RDR)

I think RDR would give you the most 'bang for your buck' R* games usually lengthy and give you a lot to do

Yeah im really interested to see what RDR will bring. I think the settings look great, and from what ive seen in videos about how the game will play out it looks nothing short of amazing. Even though i've grown a bit tired of GTA, i thought this was kind of refreshing. I just hope it will play out like i hope it will :D

A close race between GOW3 and Red Dead Redemption.

For anyone thats finished GOW3, do i have to be up to speed on GOW1-2 for me to understand whats happening in GOW3?. I mean, i kinda know already what happend in them. Mostly what happend in GOW1, but from what i understand GOW2 was just hack n slash with no "real" story(?).

I just became the tie-breaker for GoW3 and RDR leading GoW to 24 lol