By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I can afford one game, and one game only.

I can afford one game, and one game only.

Alan Wake (360) 19 11.31%

God of War 3 (PS3) 60 35.71%

Batman Arkham Asylum (360) 11 6.55%

Battlefield Bad Company 2 (PC) 15 8.93%

Red Dead Redemption (PS3) 48 28.57%

Heavy Rain (PS3) 15 8.93%

Total:168
STEKSTAV said:
Boutros said:
Definitely Red Dead Redemption.

omg I'm excited. You should be too! It's gonna be epic.

I am. I think its going to be successful, and the Wild Wild West is going to be the new Zombie after its been released.

Alot of comments seen to lean towards RDR. But GOW3 has got alot of votes!

But honestly, it depends one what type of gamer you are. As GOW3 is 8-12 hours depending on how you play it. If you do not intend to replay it, then that didn't fit your initial description on this game needing to last a long while.

I'm not sure how many voted to what they thought was best game vs best game that fit your description.

But as always, listen to us :D, but then after you should just get what you want :P

Around the Network

STEKSTAV

You have no reason to listen to me over anyone else.

I've only played two games on that list. One is God of War (I platinum'd it!). The other is Batman.

STEKSTAV, do you like Batman?

i voted alan wake because that is what i would get first,out of those choices

as it is my favourite genre

if it really comes to length it would be red dead redemption or BBC2 for multiplayer/online

they all seem like good games to me though,although i don't know about BBC2 type of games as i don't play them

Above & Beyond

Red Dead Redemption or BFBC2...

Or go for the one your girl wants :P

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

Khuutra said:
STEKSTAV

I've only played two games on that list. One is God of War (I platinum'd it!). The other is Batman.

I do like batman.. and i have tried the demo and liked it alot. But i've also played the demos of GOW3, Heavy Rain and BFBC2.. which i also liked very much.

Around the Network
STEKSTAV said:
Khuutra said:
STEKSTAV

I do like batman.. and i have tried the demo and liked it alot. But i've also played the demos of GOW3, Heavy Rain and BFBC2.. which i also liked very much.

I am going to recommend Arkham Asylum because it's the best game ever when it comes to replicating what it must be like to be Batman. The kind of beatdowns you can deliver to large groups of enemies is just ridonculous.

Tanstalas said:
Red Dead Redemption or BFBC2...

Or go for the one your girl wants :P

Hahaha yeah.. the girl always has the final word :D

I have only played a few of those games so it is hard to say. Heavy Rain maybe since your girl wants it :P. But I'd rather get GoW 3 over it, but there are many other games I'd rather play than GoW 3.

thelifatree said:
STEKSTAV said:
Boutros said:
Definitely Red Dead Redemption.

omg I'm excited. You should be too! It's gonna be epic.

I am. I think its going to be successful, and the Wild Wild West is going to be the new Zombie after its been released.

Alot of comments seen to lean towards RDR. But GOW3 has got alot of votes!

But honestly, it depends one what type of gamer you are. As GOW3 is 8-12 hours depending on how you play it. If you do not intend to replay it, then that didn't fit your initial description on this game needing to last a long while.

I'm not sure how many voted to what they thought was best game vs best game that fit your description.

But as always, listen to us :D, but then after you should just get what you want :P

Yeah.. but then again its the internet and you cant ask too much of it. So alot of the votes is probably votes for games that they themselves would get :)

As for the last part. I will eventually get all games, and even if i end up with a 6h no replay value game, i still have my PC multiplayer games i can fall back on if all else fails. So i thought it be funny to actually go with whatever the community recommends :) So i will listen to you, and in the end i will get what i want since i want them all :D

I just had to point out that this is a really rotten time to be short on gaming money, I feel for you man.